EVENT: Fashion of the Empire (D7, EE)

Hisomu Kuni

Re: EVENT: Fashion of the Empire (D7, EE)

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:00 am

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:33 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:30 pm

So what you're actually intending is that you make a Courtier roll instead of the Athletics or Oratory or Crafting?

And you can then make Courtier rolls instead of any of the three proposed skills, but the TN is 20, 30, and 45 respectively?
I think the idea is you can replace one, two, or all three rolls with Courtier/Awa. But the more rolls you replace, the harder it becomes.

So basically you could roll:

Replacing one:
Craft: Tailoring/ Int TN 20, Oratory/Awa TN 20, Courtier/ Awa TN 20
Craft: Tailoring/ Int TN 20, Courtier/ Awa TN 20, Athletics/ Agi TN 20
Courtier/Awa TN 20, Oratory/ Awa TN 20, Athletics/ Agi TN 20

Replacing two:
One of Craft: Tailoring/Int, Oratory/Awa or Athletics/ Agi TN; then Courtier/ Awa TN 20 and 30

Replacing all three:
Courtier/ Awa TN 20, 30 and 45.

One thing I did not quite understand is what happens if you do not replace any of the rolls with Courtier.
Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:47 am
Hey, I Can Walk and Talk At the Same Time!
Kuni doesn't expect anyone to both walk and talk at the same. However, there is no rule against it. Doing both rolls yourself and succeeding will grant an additional Fashion Point.

However, if you fail the Athletics roll, your Oratory roll will also count as a failure (along with negative Fashion Points if Raises were called) since tripping will show that you cannot in fact walk and talk at the same time.
Does this mean if you do all the rolls yourself, you have to walk and talk at the same time? That is, if you fail Athletics Oratory also counts as a failure (but not the opposite, right?), and you gain 1 more Fashion Point if you manage to do it all yourself?

So if you don't replace anything with Courtier, it would be:
Craft: Tailoring/ Int TN 20, Oratory/Awa TN 20, Athletics/Agi TN20; if you fail Athletics you automatically fail Oratory, but if you succeed in Athletics AND Oratory you gain 1 extra Fashion Point.

Is that it? Or did I get something wrong? :D
That is pretty much it. The only thing is it doesn't matter if you design it yourself or not. You get the bonus point for taking the Oratory and Athletics roll.

The idea is to have a risk/reward in the last bit figuring that if you mess up speaking, it's not necessarily going to mess up your walking. But if you trip or stumble, you will mess up your speaking most likely.

I'm sorry if this was confusing. My goal is to have an event that has a variety of skills and traits, while allowing wiggle room for someone who might for who might have a weakness in one area (I figure most people took at least Courtier 1 for a WC game) but not making the wiggle room so wide that someone with an awesome Courtier roll can own it completely.

If anyone has a suggestion of how I can be more clear with my intentions and would like to share, please PM me.
Doji Misaki wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:05 am
Pragmatism might keep Misaki away too; Beauty is only worthwhile to her if it's functional and simple.
There's nothing saying fashion can't be pragmatic as well. ;)
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 pm
Sora has zero relevant skills, zero interest, and only the haziest idea of what is under discussion.

But Phi will probably drag him to watch. :mrgreen: And Shirayuki likes the Spider, so she'll likely tag along despite not really getting it.
There will be an observer Thread. :)
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:53 pm
The inter clan dream team would be Misaki designing, Kotsume talking and Kawauso walking. I hope history records that they tried to make it a group project, even if all of us roll separately.
If another PC gives permission, I am fine with them being the "NPC." This is supposed to be fun event. Telling people they can't work together fluff-wise just seems well, not fun. If the other player writes their fluff part, I ask that it be attached in the to participant's post. However, mechanically, the person actually entering in would be rolling Courtier for those rolls.

And yes, if a character acting as an NPC as fluff in one entry can also make their own entry.

Main thing is mechanically people are rolling as a single entry. Partially, because it makes things easy for me to keep track of and partially to keep it fair.

Example: Bayushi Steve is making a kimono as a fluff roll for Shosuro Lara. Shosuro Lara will roll a Courtier roll. Bayushi Steve may or may not write his part (between Lara and him), but it will all be in Lara's one post.

Bayushi Steve may choose to enter himself or not. If Bayushi Steve does and makes his own kimono, he will roll Craft: Tailoring/Intelligence.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:48 pm

Love it! Just need to still be alive on D7!
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:38 am

Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 am

I was asked on Discord if I would allow Artisan: Weaving. I thought about it, and I can see very good arguments on both sides since weaving is a related skill. Having nice materials does improve a piece of clothing, but it isn't the same as a design. I was 50/50 on it/ Ultimately, I flipped a coin. It landed on heads.

You may use Artisan: Weaving in place of the Craft: Tailoring roll. It will represent a design that places more emphasis on the materials used in the piece than the cut of the cloth.

Equipment:

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Does high Glory count on anything –– like FR as Fame?
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:35 am

No. Just the Advantage. Sorry.

Equipment: