The Hunt organisation

Chai Kotsume

The Hunt organisation

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 pm

So! I've had a look at it and Kotsume is definitely interested. Who else?

If there are many folks interested I may give up her spot, but thought it would be nice to have somewhere to talk about it :)
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Hantei Kinsen

Re: The Hunt organisation

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Kinsen can go. Not the best hunter, but definitely a killer.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:56 pm

I already claimed a spot for the GLORY OF TEAM HIKARU. Modestly skilled hunter, but built to thump things, and Sora has only got one actual fight worth mentioning in the span of the last two games, so IFR to miss this one.

EDIT: So far, we're 3 for 3 with codgers :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Ah, well, just one more to go then.

I was talking to Kawauso and though it'd make sense for both sisters to join the hunt together, but seems like it'll be only one of us then!

In that case, I think I'll leave the spot to Kawauso. Only slightly frustrated ;) But go team!
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 pm

You and I can join the next one!
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Hopefully!

Next one is Oni hunt, right? :lol:
Status

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Kuni is all for that.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:44 pm

I'm thinking we have a solid team, from past experience for the encounter. A bear is nothing to joke around with by the stats. However, past experience demonstrates that three of these members are designed for heavy damage. The other is relatively hard to hit, relatively durable and has several utility assists that cane bolster them in combat.

So I'm thinking we'll be ok here. Just have to be careful.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:46 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:44 pm

LEEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEEEENKINS!
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:53 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:46 pm
Nozomi wrote:

I have been to the Hatchery.
I have cleared the Hatchery more times than I count.
That is not how you do the Hatchery.

Heh.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:14 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:46 pm
Nozomi wrote:

I'm laughing my ass off here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do stay alive folks. Two of you need to be fishing with Kotsume early the next day!
Status

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am

I wish Kawausohad a bundle of spears. She throws so well. But I'm not tossing my great spear...
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:33 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am
I wish Kawausohad a bundle of spears. She throws so well. But I'm not tossing my great spear...
Been considering getting more spears for Kotsume myself -_-'

Does Kawauso carry just the one?? Kotsume will hit her in the head if she does! :lol:
Status

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:37 am

Kawauso can make some. Didn't figure she'd need them (not in starting inventory, figuring to make some in game) and then, all of a sudden, snow so she can't just go find some good pieces to sharpen, and here we are.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:57 am

Three hours until I can Orokos, fellow hunters. If my luck is like last game, I expect to miss hitting the bear by
1 :P

Current Theme

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 am

Apologies to folks waiting my night was much busier than normal. tomorrow we will kick things off. I have to work a 9-10 hour shift so i will be posting when I can likely with an hour or two between posts and will ghost if several breaks go by with no PC action.

please have ghosting instructions ready if you do not already and good luck! :D
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:56 pm

So, aside from a possible food shopping trip during the afternoon, I should be fully free in about ... 3 hours or so for the remainder of the day. I will make sure current ghosting instructions are in place in case we need to keep action moving and I'm away from the comp for an hour or so. Nozomi, admittedly, has a LOT of moving parts and options available due to her kiho, so I gauge what she does with her void and skills carefully at each stage of the fight.

However, all should be fine. I'll be around for this stage no problem.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Alright, if it's not really trying to eat us, do we think we can just bypass the bear?

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:05 pm

I guess we should try to crocodile dundee the bear
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Kinsen has animal handling, but low awareness. Someone else with the skill in the group?

I could either lend support, or if others want, receive support and roll since she’s last in the round.

TN to be recognized is 0