Player Events

Doji Dojihime

Re: Player Events

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Remember no player events on days with GM events besides Day 8 so really only 4 days available starting with Day 3.

Seeking clarification but hopefully collaboration will be encouraged. I am guessing we should not overload days, but I also know people will want to get the most out of these or some will, which is why I hope we can work together and combine events into larger ones to get more players involved.

I know I still want to do the Consort's Ball and the Play but if I have to choose only one that is fine too, both also have lots of room for collaboration.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:19 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:09 pm
Remember no player events on days with GM events besides Day 8 so really only 4 days available starting with Day 3.

Seeking clarification but hopefully collaboration will be encouraged. I am guessing we should not overload days, but I also know people will want to get the most out of these or some will, which is why I hope we can work together and combine events into larger ones to get more players involved.

I know I still want to do the Consort's Ball and the Play but if I have to choose only one that is fine too, both also have lots of room for collaboration.
I can run the low-Status event against the Consort's Ball, if that makes sense (and makes; who knows with all this Status flying around).
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:22 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:09 pm

I'm all for collaboration, if that's indeed allowed. When we get an answer, and if the answer is 'yes', we could maybe set up threads for each event to get things arranged (unless people prefer to deal with that over PMs, might make sense for a number of things of course).
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 pm

That sounds fine, my intent was mostly just to see who was doing what but with limited time it might be also useful to know when people want to do things so as not to divide our limited audience.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 pm

100% agreed.

Also again, if there's time to fit in at least one of the events I mentioned, that'd be nice. Totally open to collaboration from others interested in sailing/ fishing (for one of them), or animals (for the other).
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Would some kind of mock battle tournament be on the table?

Something of a tournament based on the Mass Battle rules, but instead of wounds, you lose points?

More about if you can lure enemies into ideal tactical scenarios.

Also, maybe a scavenger hunt?
Last edited by Hisomu Susumu on Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:50 pm

Talk to fellow war enthusiasts.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:07 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Something of a tournament based on the Mass Battle rules, but instead of wounds, you lose points?

I have something planned if it is approved that is around war planning. Not so much direct conflict more here is a scenario develop a plan and the best plan wins.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Saru Takurou and I are planning daily brunches/breakfasts
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:11 pm
I am not sure that is an event per say. We might need to get a clear definition.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Remember a player event can only happen on days without GM events. Besides day 8 otherwise its just a daily meeting/thread.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:13 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:07 pm
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:47 pm

I have something planned if it is approved that is around war planning. Not so much direct conflict more here is a scenario develop a plan and the best plan wins.
Ok cool. Is there a practical application?
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:17 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 pm
Wu Zhe wrote:
I am not sure that is an event per say. We might need to get a clear definition.
It will be worthy of an event
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:23 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:13 pm
Ok cool. Is there a practical application?
For practicing planning campaigns? I would like to think so but YMMV.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:14 pm

At FireShramp, there was a festival where various players "did their thing" and it wasn't about making certain rolls, but I think the rp opportunities were really good.

So I think we should be creative about events that can go together -- the play with an art exhibition that's open before and after, and during intermission if there is one, for example. That way, lots of people can get "their" event without there being like 5 per day or something.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Ryoshun Yua

Post by Ryoshun Yua » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:59 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:14 pm
At FireShramp, there was a festival where various players "did their thing" and it wasn't about making certain rolls, but I think the rp opportunities were really good.

So I think we should be creative about events that can go together -- the play with an art exhibition that's open before and after, and during intermission if there is one, for example. That way, lots of people can get "their" event without there being like 5 per day or something.
That's going to be kind of important with events being a way to get points; 30ish (?) players; and limited days and timeslots. Also helps avoid the ooc carnival barker thing of folks trying to wave people into their event. Otherwise, I foresee some bitterness as people get locked out of getting a slot for their event, or are stuck with Late Night D8 and it's poorly attended because people need to sleep.
Bat Clan * Small * Void * Talks to the Air * This Driver Stops for Omens

Carries: Knives, incense, iron chopsticks

Ryoshun Ume

Post by Ryoshun Ume » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:02 am

Thus the importance of coordination and, more importantly, cooperation. I know we can do it!
Bat Clan 🦇 Cobbler/Tailor/Gardener/Singer/Storyteller/Painter/Potter 🦇 Courtier 🦇 Serene 🦇 Gentle 🦇 Senior Diplomat

Glory 2.0 | Status 3.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Wears: Dark grey kimono with Red under kimono, Or lighter grey with white under kimono

Current Theme

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:04 pm

I'm going to try to get a Wilderness race going.

Do we send the particulars of what we have in mind to our Birby Overlord?

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:04 pm
I'm going to try to get a Wilderness race going.

Do we send the particulars of what we have in mind to our Birby Overlord?
You can probably discuss it in your PF when those come online.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Hida Ume wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:02 am
Thus the importance of coordination and, more importantly, cooperation. I know we can do it!
While I agree, we need some clarification on events. Specifically influence sharing between hosts.