Player Events

Hantei Genji

Re: Player Events

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Why not babsitting as a duel!

First one to raise a proper samurai past gempukku wins!
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 pm

I believe Iai is the primary way to settle disputes; there was a goal spent on it.

It is not, however, the primary way to settle legal matters; there was a goal spent on that.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Our brunch will have the bests or rewards
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 pm
I believe Iai is the primary way to settle disputes; there was a goal spent on it.

It is not, however, the primary way to settle legal matters; there was a goal spent on that.
Ah, nice! Works for me!
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:56 pm

Crane and Lion may use the Camellia House for appropriate events for 'free'.

If others would like to make use of it we can discuss favors in-character or just do an easy payment of 1 Influence from the total that would be gained by the event.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:57 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:56 pm
Crane and Lion may use the Camellia House for appropriate events for 'free'.

If others would like to make use of it we can discuss favors in-character or just do an easy payment of 1 Influence from the total that would be gained by the event.
Crane and Lion or Crane and Stag?
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:05 pm

I suppose I should include the Stag as well.

Crane, Lion, and Stag.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:27 pm

The previously announced "talking about magic and philosophy and elements and stuff" hosted by Satsuki/Ko/Yatsufusa has been approved so it will happen on Day 6 (LM I believe it was too).

Just not seeing a point in making a separate thread for it since it will be open for everyone to attend and requires no sign up.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:27 pm
The previously announced "talking about magic and philosophy and elements and stuff" hosted by Satsuki/Ko/Yatsufusa has been approved so it will happen on Day 6 (LM I believe it was too).

Just not seeing a point in making a separate thread for it since it will be open for everyone to attend and requires no sign up.
Same with the Battle Event actually. Not really a sign up thing.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:05 am

Talking some details on the Animal Training and Ice Fishing events over PMs, but we might need a sign up too, as both will probably work more or less like competitions i think.

Of course we'll be happy to see others joining to watch them even if they do not take part in the activities themselves. The more the merlin!

I mean... :roll:
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:08 am

Seems like nobody is doing anything for D2. And storytelling should not be so difficult a thing. Probably can do it D2.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:24 am

Discourses on Tea and Wine has the birb stamp of approval now! In fact, I was hoping I might snag LA of Day 2 for it if no one has that.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:47 am

Ghost stories was also approved.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:18 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:24 am
Discourses on Tea and Wine has the birb stamp of approval now! In fact, I was hoping I might snag LA of Day 2 for it if no one has that.
EE would also work... just probably not later, or Team Tea will be up all night :lol:
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Shinjo Ryoko

Post by Shinjo Ryoko » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:24 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:07 pm
[snip]
"Since we decided swinging weapons at each other is in some way a good form of social arbitration. I think we'll be using Hikaru stone axes at dawn."
<3
Ki-Rin Clan 空 Mystic 空 Enlightened Plus 空 Traveller 空 Incomprehensible 空 Scion 空 Daddy's Daughter

Shourido the Cat

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Juat throwing another idea here - if we still have some free time/ slots in the morning or afternoon in one of the days (and especially in the early days), I'm considering going ahead and holding a horse-riding event too. I'll probably discuss this further with Birb after Kotsume gets the birb seal of approval, but mentioning this here to ask if others would be interested in participating. I'm thinking a race around the area, nothing too dangerous, just to honour the Ki-rin's blossoming traditions ;)
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Soooo, I want to do every player event, but I feel weird about signing up pre-game for things happening on Game Day 6 or 8 or whatever.... by then my character could've been disgraced and banished, or gotten in a fight with Mirumoto Bob and not want to be seen at his event, or any number of other IC things could've happened. I understand there might be some events that have limited slots but I think it might make more sense for my character to IC want to go to Yasuki Alice's event because I made friends with her on Day 1, rather than deciding before the game starts.

Is this just me? Maybe I'm just weird.

Alternatively, is it a problem if I just show up at events on the game day the event actually occurs?
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:00 pm
Soooo, I want to do every player event, but I feel weird about signing up pre-game for things happening on Game Day 6 or 8 or whatever.... by then my character could've been disgraced and banished, or gotten in a fight with Mirumoto Bob and not want to be seen at his event, or any number of other IC things could've happened. I understand there might be some events that have limited slots but I think it might make more sense for my character to IC want to go to Yasuki Alice's event because I made friends with her on Day 1, rather than deciding before the game starts.

Is this just me? Maybe I'm just weird.

Alternatively, is it a problem if I just show up at events on the game day the event actually occurs?
I agree with this reasoning. I assume event hosts will adjust on the day of to a degree, as who knows what dynamics may exist by then. But I'm also playing a character who isn't going to feel like she needs to go do "all the things" anyway. I just signed up for the icebreaker because I understood a certain amount of planning is needed for matching people, and that will be early enough in game it'll be easy to justify being there.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Agreed with both the above. I figure trying to find out who's interested to actually organise stuff makes sense, but then I feel there'll need to be quite a few adjustments once things get moving.
Status

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:28 pm

Well, yes and no. While we will be getting to know each other here, my understanding of the game premise suggests that many were already in the city for their clan business and the snow is preventing them from leaving. Which would mean we likely are aware of each other's official affiliations and names if only from reports or gossip. And thus some of these player events could have actually been in the works for a bit already.

I could imagine that Kuu got permission to run his storytelling get together in the dining hall a few days before it actually happens, which is why it can happen so early in the game, hoping that at least some people would hang out for a bit after their duties were done... and is pleasantly surprised by the fact that everyone's stuck and attendance goes up because people have nothing better to do and there are drinks.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit