OOC Chat

Yuzuru

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Yuzuru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Balance is all I'm seeking . . . and to not lose everything that was Ayakashi. The Fox is an omnivore that will hunt and dig for veggies. You know how important the Fox is to the Consort. He supports farming and hunting, even fishing to.

Just no rights for chickens. EVER.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:53 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:26 pm
Not even the rights to breed prodigiously, so that there are tons of chickens and eggs about?
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:35 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Balance is all I'm seeking . . . and to not lose everything that was Ayakashi. The Fox is an omnivore that will hunt and dig for veggies. You know how important the Fox is to the Consort. He supports farming and hunting, even fishing to.

I don't think we're losing the Ayakashi traditions of respecting the life of nature. :)
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:36 pm

All the support to eat what you hunt!
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 am

tl;dr If little Makine wants to grow strong and make her mother proud, she must eat her meat.
The highest of mountain peaks.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Ryoshun Ume

Post by Ryoshun Ume » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Like trying to please O-Ushi herself...
Bat Clan 🦇 Cobbler/Tailor/Gardener/Singer/Storyteller/Painter/Potter 🦇 Courtier 🦇 Serene 🦇 Gentle 🦇 Senior Diplomat

Glory 2.0 | Status 3.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Wears: Dark grey kimono with Red under kimono, Or lighter grey with white under kimono

Current Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:

tl;dr If little Makine wants to grow strong and make her mother proud, she must eat her meat.
I know the woman.

I'd save the effort for something worthwhile. :P
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:53 pm
Yuzuru wrote:
Not even the rights to breed prodigiously, so that there are tons of chickens and eggs about?
That isn't a right. It's an expectation . . .
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:46 pm
Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:

I know the woman.

I'd save the effort for something worthwhile. :P
I would point out her contributions of the Empire and the trust Lord Akodo has in her, but I suspect such would be wasted breath.

Instead I will state the obvious, regardless of your feelings she is still my mother. And what daughter wouldn't want to impress her own mother.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:26 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 pm
Instead I will state the obvious, regardless of your feelings she is still my mother. And what daughter wouldn't want to impress her own mother.
My mother routinely bewailed the fact that she hadn't drowned me at birth, so forgive me if I state that the familial relationship is very much what you make it.

And Fortunes know I'd be pretty unhappy if my kids cared more about impressing me than in finding their way in the world...

[Semi-IC quibbles aside, Sora as a dad is turning out to be an interesting guy as I poke around inside his noggin, 'cause his own parents were awful, and his tendency toward holding pretty strong views is absolutely reinforced by that...]

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:26 pm
Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 pm
My mother routinely bewailed the fact that she hadn't drowned me at birth, so forgive me if I state that the familial relationship is very much what you make it.

And Fortunes know I'd be pretty unhappy if my kids cared more about impressing me than in finding their way in the world...

[Semi-IC quibbles aside, Sora as a dad is turning out to be an interesting guy as I poke around inside his noggin, 'cause his own parents were awful, and his tendency toward holding pretty strong views is absolutely reinforced by that...]
Hah...I still haven't got a fully coherent picture of Ayano but Makime is also a terrible mother in an entirely different way.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:45 pm
I thought I'd spent Goals in game one to stop this happening! . . . Ayakashi honour the animal and eat it if it's hunted! etc etc.
The fact that people still eat meat and will continue to do so without a problem is still a win there. You are still fighting Doji on many social fronts as far as the cultural development of the empire is concerned. Some people are just very imitative of the rich and powerful.

I should also note that handling meat, bodies, and leather doesn't have a whole separate class of "unclean" people to deal with it. It's just a normal heimin thing like anything else.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:54 pm

Thank you for the clarification, Head Birb.

Prepares to give Shi-Shi another headache with a six hour argument with Doji.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:54 pm
Thank you for the clarification, Head Birb.

Prepares to give Shi-Shi another headache with a six hour argument with Doji.
Prepares to keep plenty of chickens on hand for the Consort's Fox, and deputizes his twin daughters to deliver both tea and barbs to the meeting

And always remember, Yuzuru-sama, that if Lady Doji finds arguing with you vexing, she is more than welcome to argue with me! :mrgreen:

Current Theme

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:38 pm

I must ask...

Did Hsieh-Hsieh or a member of its family ever... mark its territory on Lady Doji's clothes?

That would be petty but...
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:40 pm

They are above such things . . . . but maybe a sandal or two has gone missing . . .

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:51 am
Hunting seems something of an expenditure of resources for less gain then just growing food.

Each to their own I suppose.
Not all land takes to the plow. A fair bit of that land does offer good hunting, though.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:36 pm
All the support to eat what you hunt!
Your sensei approves.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:20 pm

This is going to be a long, long winter...

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:20 pm
They generally are!

Cheer up, I'll have the twins bring you some tea.

And they definitely won't be spying on you.

Not even a little.

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 pm
Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:20 pm
They generally are!

Cheer up, I'll have the twins bring you some tea.

And they definitely won't be spying on you.

Not even a little.
There are two ways I prefer to handle spies: bore them to tears or do something so outrageously bizarre that is all they remember.