GM Questions

Nozomi

Re: GM Questions

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:27 pm

Experience Tracking

Not immediately pressing. I've got her character sheet updated
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Question here! Thanks :)

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=483
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:36 pm

Canary wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:18 pm
Take A Deep Breath
While one must understand what's being said to record it properly, it's more difficult to keep one's own biases and opinions from coloring the text. The recorder must be able to step outside of themselves while they work. Players must make a Lore: Meditation/Void roll, TN 25. Success grants 1 Recording Point, with 1 additional Recording Point per Raise. While failure will not stop them from continuing, a work based on a failed roll may acquire a questionable reputation.
Is there any chance this is meant to be Meditation/Void instead of Lore: Meditation/Void?
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:37 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:36 pm
Canary wrote:
Take A Deep Breath
While one must understand what's being said to record it properly, it's more difficult to keep one's own biases and opinions from coloring the text. The recorder must be able to step outside of themselves while they work. Players must make a Lore: Meditation/Void roll, TN 25. Success grants 1 Recording Point, with 1 additional Recording Point per Raise. While failure will not stop them from continuing, a work based on a failed roll may acquire a questionable reputation.
Is there any chance this is meant to be Meditation/Void instead of Lore: Meditation/Void?
Yes. I'll edit it.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Subject: [D5, EA] Recording the Tao (Event)
Canary wrote:
Rewards and Consequences:
Each participant who successfully finishes the event gains 2 Influence Points. The participant who earns the most Recording points will gain 4 Influence points, and their work will become the definitive Tao of Shinsei, immortalizing them for the foreseeable future. The recording takes until Late Evening, so the winner and anyone who finished the event and chooses to complete their version of the work will not be able to participate in events between Early Afternoon and Early Night Day 5.
Underscored relevant part. Does this mean we can't do any threads at all for Day 5 if participating?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 pm
Subject: [D5, EA] Recording the Tao (Event)
Canary wrote:
Rewards and Consequences:
Each participant who successfully finishes the event gains 2 Influence Points. The participant who earns the most Recording points will gain 4 Influence points, and their work will become the definitive Tao of Shinsei, immortalizing them for the foreseeable future. The recording takes until Late Evening, so the winner and anyone who finished the event and chooses to complete their version of the work will not be able to participate in events between Early Afternoon and Early Night Day 5.
Underscored relevant part. Does this mean we can't do any threads at all for Day 5 if participating?
I am realizing the flaw now. I'm gonna cut that bit, but if you stick around, later threads can be considered breaks. It takes place over that time still, but leaves you free to do stuff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:05 pm

So, sitting as we are at 0 for 3 on the first leg... who's the default NPC that writes the Tao is none of us makes it? :lol:

(This is not really a serious question, Dear GMs, and do not feel compelled to answer it)
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:05 pm
So, sitting as we are at 0 for 3 on the first leg... who's the default NPC that writes the Tao is none of us makes it? :lol:

(This is not really a serious question, Dear GMs, and do not feel compelled to answer it)
What's the Tao? *wide-eyed innocent blinking*

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:38 am

Dice goof query:

In the last roll for the Tao event (here), I mis-coded in Orokos and rolled 6k4 when my actual dice pool (with Void Point, noted in the roll description) is 6k5. If I use the dice results as rolled but also keep the fifth die, I pass the roll. (If I only keep the top four dice, I fail.)

Is handling it as above okay'? Or should I reroll entirely?
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:03 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:38 am
Dice goof query:

In the last roll for the Tao event (here), I mis-coded in Orokos and rolled 6k4 when my actual dice pool (with Void Point, noted in the roll description) is 6k5. If I use the dice results as rolled but also keep the fifth die, I pass the roll. (If I only keep the top four dice, I fail.)

Is handling it as above okay'? Or should I reroll entirely?
Yeah, that's fine.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Accidentally grabbed a 4d10 exploding for my unskilled roll. A 10 did explode but roll would have still passed without the explosion (by 1...). Would you prefer a reroll or just pretend it didn't explode.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:37 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:30 pm
Accidentally grabbed a 4d10 exploding for my unskilled roll. A 10 did explode but roll would have still passed without the explosion (by 1...). Would you prefer a reroll or just pretend it didn't explode.
Just pretend it didn't explode

Ryoshun Yua

Post by Ryoshun Yua » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 pm

Bat Clan * Small * Void * Talks to the Air * This Driver Stops for Omens

Carries: Knives, incense, iron chopsticks

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:21 am

Influence question...

Do we need to formally state in open Court what our goal is and spend the influence to achieve it, or is it something we hash out in the postgame?
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:27 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:21 am
Influence question...

Do we need to formally state in open Court what our goal is and spend the influence to achieve it, or is it something we hash out in the postgame?
You can do either one.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:12 pm

Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Take A Deep Breath
While one must understand what's being said to record it properly, it's more difficult to keep one's own biases and opinions from coloring the text. The recorder must be able to step outside of themselves while they work. Players must make a Meditation/Void roll, TN 25. Success grants 1 Recording Point, with 1 additional Recording Point per Raise. While failure will not stop them from continuing, a work based on a failed roll may acquire a questionable reputation

- i assume those without void can not do this step?

And I assume those without literacy, making a memory stick won't count?

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:15 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm
Take A Deep Breath
While one must understand what's being said to record it properly, it's more difficult to keep one's own biases and opinions from coloring the text. The recorder must be able to step outside of themselves while they work. Players must make a Meditation/Void roll, TN 25. Success grants 1 Recording Point, with 1 additional Recording Point per Raise. While failure will not stop them from continuing, a work based on a failed roll may acquire a questionable reputation

As to meditation, let me think about what else you could do, or let me know if you have an alternative suggestion.

Honestly, I'd let you make a memory stick record of it if you wanted to. It'd only count for two influence since the rats don't have a lot of political pull in Rokugan, but it could be a fluff thing of interest to the Nezumi Empire.

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Canary wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:15 pm
Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm
Take A Deep Breath

As to meditation, let me think about what else you could do, or let me know if you have an alternative suggestion.

Honestly, I'd let you make a memory stick record of it if you wanted to. It'd only count for two influence since the rats don't have a lot of political pull in Rokugan, but it could be a fluff thing of interest to the Nezumi Empire.
Med/Name or Divination maybe?

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 pm
Med/Name or Divination maybe?
Yeah, Med/Name works. Just note that the changed rolls are Birb approved in your post.