No otter falls! (D8 EA, Expecting)

Chai Kotsume

No otter falls! (D8 EA, Expecting)

Post by Chai Kotsume » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 pm

Watching the river that intently was definitely a new thing for Kotsume - even if she'd been watching the water run since she could remember. Old habits die hard, though, so after some time she stood up again and started making her way further downstream, hopping through stepping stones, sand and snow again.

She'd left a message on her sister's door after a short clean-up after the snowfight, and hoped she'd see it in time to reach her here. She had heard mentions that Sasori had made some progress with the bear the day before, but hadn't quite heard what that was about - and she hoped she might be able to find some more answers, maybe.

But that aside... she felt she still had important things to talk about with Kawauso. Their proposal, of course, and how Shiba might receive it... but also other things. The Stag heir, for one...

Arriving near the waterfall, she took out her shoes, stepped into the snow, whistled to the three otters who were happily following her, and, with a smile - a worried, tired smile that was quite unusual for her - she clicked her tongue, as if telling them they were free to swim about for now. The water was freezing, but she decided to step into the water as well, at least for a while.

The urge to swim and connect with nature felt stronger and stronger... but for now, she waited. She didn't know how much her sister remembered... and she knew that connection sometimes pained her.

But still... something in this place seemed to draw her instincts to the surface...
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Akodo Kawauso

Re: No otter falls! (D8 EA, Expecting)

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:54 pm

Distant crunching of snow and tapping on stones announces the other otter sister's arrival before she's visible. It's soon clear that she'd come a little slower than usual, as she'd brought her long spear but had also been hampered by the winds.

Finally reaching conversation range she stops, planting her spear and catching her breath. "We couldn't have met at the close part of the river," she asks incredulously.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:53 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:54 pm
Distant crunching of snow and tapping on stones announces the other otter sister's arrival before she's visible. It's soon clear that she'd come a little slower than usual, as she'd brought her long spear but had also been hampered by the winds.

Finally reaching conversation range she stops, planting her spear and catching her breath. "We couldn't have met at the close part of the river," she asks incredulously.
Kotsume still had her feet in the cold water as she turned to meet the sounds of her sister arriving. "Nee-chan!", she says with a smile that's almost warm enough to make the wind seem more bearable... but not quite. "I don't remember you being one to refuse a longer walk!"

After bending down to get her hands wet as well for a moment, she starts moving towards the bank to meet her. "Thanks for coming, sis", she then finally says with another smile. "You know I appreciate it. And you." Her face gets a bit more serious then. "So... I don't suppose you got any word from Tenno-heika or Yuzuru-heika yet?" Then even more serious, although she attempts a smile. "And... that other thing? You know...?"
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:35 am

Kawauso moves closer, but takes up a porch on a large rock as she tends to do. She leans her long spear between a pair of other rocks, keeping it close but not immediately at hand.

"I don't know anything about anything," she says without much emotion. As she takes a closer look at Kotsume, she realizes something: "Wha... Aren't you freezing?"
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:21 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:35 am
Kawauso moves closer, but takes up a porch on a large rock as she tends to do. She leans her long spear between a pair of other rocks, keeping it close but not immediately at hand.

"I don't know anything about anything," she says without much emotion. As she takes a closer look at Kotsume, she realizes something: "Wha... Aren't you freezing?"
Walking to the bank and shaking herself vigorously, followed by the three otters, the shorter girl gives Kawauso a worried smile. "Ah... it's just for a moment, sis'..."

She was actually feeling slightly cold. A furry form would be much more appropriate right now, but her attention was fully on her sister, so there was no time for that.

"... you don't know?", she comes closer to Kawauso. "I... feel something happened? Something... " She wondered what to say. Not good? Frustrating?

She'd seen Genji talking to Chizu the day before. Was that the matter? The Stag prince... she tried to remember what else she knew of him. Was he... using his sister? Making a fool of her?

But then she remembered her and Sasori the day before. It was clear that Kawauso had some other people there for her at least...

She indicated the are around by nodding her head. "I... have heard Bayushi-san had found out some more things about the bear, and I was hoping to see if I could find something else of interest" She then looks at her sister again. "Although... " She shakes her head and points to a mostly dry place on the ground.

"Do you want to talk about it, kawaii-chan?", she said in a gentle, sisterly voice, suggesting that they sit down there to talk. Investigating the area again could be left for later...
Status

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:41 am

At mention of Sasori and the bear, Kawauso gives a small snort and shakes her head. "Should have known Sasori-san would find out more," she mutters, though there's a hint of pride and smile on her face.

Kotsume's look and voice strike Kawauso in just the right way that she grudgingly moves where the smaller sister had pointed. "What do you think I want to talk about," Kawauso asks, partially unsure and partially defensive. "I said I don't know..."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:25 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:41 am
At mention of Sasori and the bear, Kawauso gives a small snort and shakes her head. "Should have known Sasori-san would find out more," she mutters, though there's a hint of pride and smile on her face.

Kotsume's look and voice strike Kawauso in just the right way that she grudgingly moves where the smaller sister had pointed. "What do you think I want to talk about," Kawauso asks, partially unsure and partially defensive. "I said I don't know..."
The kind sisterly smile on the Ki-rin's sister grows wider as she recognises some of the pride when Kawauso mentions Sasori. "I haven't heard the details, but it seems like she found something out."

She then sits beside her sister. "Sis...", she says, carefully extending a hand over Kawauso's shoulder, offering hers to lean on if she wants to. "I know we aren't as close as before. I know it, and you know I wish we could be. But I still know when something's troubling you."

She looks at her with an almost motherly expression. "... I won't insist, unless you want to talk about it. Just... I'm here for you, nee-chan. Please remember that, okay?"

She still hoped to have time to look around again... but whatever it was that was happening to Kawauso was clearly more important.
Status

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 am

Kawauso's eyes close as Kotsume speaks, and there's a slightly harsh exhale as the hand lands on her shoulder, but she doesn't pull away. It seems more like... something unlocked. When Kotsume stops talking, Kawauso takes a slow, deep breath.

"So, um..." She opens her eyes, and Kotsume can see there's nothing but confusion there. "He came to see me last night," she says, voice a little wavery. "And... And, um," she sniffles, eyes flashing up to the sky as she tries to manage her emotions. "And... I still don't know anything," she says with a half-crying laugh. As she keeps her eyes upward, she laughs some more; at least it seems to keep the tears at bay.