[D8 EE] PLAYER EVENT: Iaijitsu tournament RP

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D8 EE] PLAYER EVENT: Iaijitsu tournament RP

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:59 am

“Personal, then. A minor matter.” Kinsen shakes her head again and looks to Genji to reassure. “My son ways are not mine. If you want my to challenge me, do so in the light of Bishamon. I’ll fight you with bare hands, as Togashi did to my dear husband. First one to hit the floor, is the loser and will stop seeking violence against the other part.”

- -
OOC: I’ve talked with Birb in Discord and she confirmed there’s no need for Imperial Sanction.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am

Genji moved with purprose.

"Minna-sama, what the actual fuck?"

He seemed to radiate some kind of shine, his bare chest glowing, soft steam coming off with streams of vapor.

"What is going on now?" Though a slender figure, there was certainly something radiating out from him.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:15 am

"Wow. Language, Genji-kun," Satsuki remarked at first, though it was followed by a smirk so she was clearly just relating to him feeling the same way she did today.

"Your mother was saying she was going to kill Matsu's father, Noriaki no Yamadono, because... I think she must've forgotten after all these years that he is the last person to bear the Noriaki name, but that seems to be the root of the issue. Matsu-san is understandably upset about this, and I'm upset about it too because Lady Kinsen was then also implying that my mother had been untruthful in her telling of Noriaki no Yamadono's courage and fortitude in protecting your father and the others who accompanied him into the Pit to rescue uncle Hisomu. Oh, and that the imperial records are wrong too." Satsuki shrugged. "Matsu-san challenged her to a duel to settle the matter between the two of them. Your mother refused and tried to back out of it, but... is now trying to make it into a... fist-fight?"

The princess blinked a bit at the last part, as she didn't understand it herself. "I'm sorry, Genji-kun, I don't understand it either. The idea was to follow the example of our leaders and that which you and Hikaru-san have been showing us here."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:22 am

“Minor matter, my dear son. Hisomu Matsu-san said my oath to get the Noriaki into the Kami was not completed, since her father still bears that name. Your dear cousin took offense out of nowhere, as far as I am aware. Perhaps due to her friendship with the challenger. Since we all cleared this is trivial and personal, and I was the challenged, I am simply setting terms. Seems the right amount of fair to me.”

She looks back to Matsu, “Now let’s get this sorted out since I am tired of playing this or that with you.”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:23 am

"Mother...."

There was a deep, deep sigh. "I cannot say for sure, but didn't you fight alongside her father for Uncle Hisomu's soul? Or do I know it wrong?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:26 am

“Your dear father did. I have Yamadono-san in high esteem, as I mentioned before. His daughter, though, mentioned my task to the Kami is not fulfilled. I still do hope he drops the name in the sake of friendship, or that time ends him before me, so that no one can ever say what Hisomu-san here said.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:30 am

"...And father had no problem with him at that time, nor has he mentioned it since."

Genji was even, yet tense. "I know this means much to you, but from what I gather, Yamadono-san is not young, neh? And you want to...fight with Hisomu-san here, because...he is not dead, nor has been for the last twenty years?"

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:15 am

I turn my back for one minute

"Well, things certainly took a turn for a spirited, didn't they?" Susumu claps a hand onto Matsu's shoulders, a comical sight as she stands well over top of him. "Matsu-sensei, I thought that people usually were upset after they lose a duel, not win one."

Susumu turns his attention to Kinsen, seemingly ignoring the tense scene around him.

"Kinsen-sama, it is good to see you in the daylight rather than meeting you in the dark. I can fully match you to your abundant wisdom and experience" The tone is light and friendly, and if Susumu offers no context to his words, then it was a tragic, but relatively mild slip. "It is quite something to see stories of your hospitality and friendship are legendary. Thank you and your son, as well as Hikaru-san in preparing this event. The ring of steel meeting steel always has a special place in the Spider's heart...it's quite full of iron, don't you know"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:29 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:30 am
"...And father had no problem with him at that time, nor has he mentioned it since."

Genji was even, yet tense. "I know this means much to you, but from what I gather, Yamadono-san is not young, neh? And you want to...fight with Hisomu-san here, because...he is not dead, nor has been for the last twenty years?"
“I do not. But she has challenged and offended me. Kami know I’ve made clear it wasn’t necessary. More than once. If she wants an ass whooping, that is what is going to happen.”

Kinsen doesn’t notice any slip or dual meanings from Susumu. The pun doesn’t seem to have an effect on her, if that was the case. She simply nods to him, grateful for the good words.

The Stag Lady closes her eyes for a moment and her skin starts to glow as much as Genji’s. As her eyes open, they shine a golden light brighter than before.

She says to Matsu, “Come to Mamma.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:52 am

Susumu pats Matsu once more and steps in front of her, interposing himself between the pair of women, keeping his tone calm but the warmth was gone.

"From what I've heard, insult flowed both ways. Furthermore, this is not the proper way to settle disputes." Susumu looks back at Matsu and then at Kinsen.

"Kinsen-san, a few nights ago, you indicated that it was the will of Hantei-sama that the Spider and Stag have an amicable future for their children. Will this help at this aim?"

I can still feel the anger, kind words aren't enough. Deflect.

Susumu looks over at Genji, who also didn't seem to want this to happen. "But all family has rivalries, and I am not against working out tensions through a exhibitional pout. Genji-san, I believe that the Stag and Crane have traditions of their own. Would it be unwelcome to set one of a pugilistic match for the Spider and Stag? "
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:48 pm

Kinsen assumes her stance.

--
D8, EE, Initiative vs. Matsu + 10 VP + 10 FA/Tech: 4d10o10k2+20 43
Stance: Full Attack

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Kakita’s attention was fully drawn to the conflict now… though the depth of emotion behind the nature of the argument still eluded his grasp.

A rare frown seemed to come across his features for the briefest of moments.

Where’s the restraint…
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:34 am
Hikaru had frowned at the yelling, but it hadn't drawn enough of his attention to make it out. His frown was decidedly confused as he finally looked over.
Chizu noticed as Hikaru looked towards the argument between Kinsen and Matsu. "This looks more like the kind of duel I'm used to," she said to Hikaru in a wry tone.

The big Crab woman walked closer to the fight, moving to stand with the supporters of the Stag.
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:35 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:48 pm
Kinsen assumes her stance.

--
D8, EE, Initiative vs. Matsu + 10 VP + 10 FA/Tech: 4d10o10k2+20 43
Stance: Full Attack
Genji saw her stance, and matched with his own. Whoo boy.

Stance: Defense
D8 Init, MA, nuuuuuu!: 5d10o10k3 28

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:13 pm

"That's not how that works. I already issued the challenge, you can't issue a different challenge." The face Matsu makes is incredulous.

When Susumu placed his hand on her shoulder, she sneered. "Get your hand off my shoulder, or I'll break it off." Her anger growing when he patted her even more so. "Insults wouldn't have been thrown if this woman hadn't threatened to end my father. And are you saying that the way the Kami decided to compete as to how to decide who would be Emperor was the wrong way, Susumu-san?" Her teeth bared. "You should shut the fuck up instead of assuming how things went down. This isn't an issue of clans. This is a personal matter."

"I'm not going to roll in the dirt with her. Again, she offered insult. I demand satisfaction. As the offended party, I get to dictate the challenge, just as our Lords had set out."

Since Intiative Has been Rolled

EE8 - Iai Player Event RP Thread - Initiative (Reflexes 3, IR2): 5d10o10k3 32

ATN20
Attack Stance if it matters
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Susumu had removed his hand, but turns back, as if the sight of Kinsen

"Forgive me Matsu-sensei. I should have had more faith in you. And you are absolutely right." A gleam comes into his eye and he turns back, striding forward with his hands down by his sides, moving before Kinsen with his chin jutted out.

"Hantei Kinsen, a challenge was extended in the form of a fight with bokken. Your counteroffer of a hand to hand match has been rejected. If neither party is willing to accept a stay, do you accept Hisomu Matsu's challenge? Do you request a different time. Or do you concede? "

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Kakita let out a long breath from his nostrils.

Such unrefined souls... They all have a long way to go to prepare for the danger ahead...

He turned to Hikaru and quietly said, "I believe I've seen enough. Thank you for this opportunity today, friend. But I think it is time for me to go... Hopefully I will see you before the snows melt."

He looked to the Crab to bid a farewell but she seemed to be fixated on the upcoming contest. He nodded in parting to his ally and turned to walk down the path towards the city...
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:45 pm

Hikaru nodded. "Until we meet again..." He turned, but his old friend was already gone.

Was he really not a ghost?

His stare on the proceedings had grown decidedly disapproving. "The heavens should decide, as the Kami have taught us." He said, his voice quiet but firm.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:48 pm

What the hell was going on.

"What is this blatant dishonor?" she exclaimed in surprise as suddenly battle stances was taken before Matsu had even had time to decline Kinsen's wish to... wrestle instead of settling things properly as they had been taught? Satsuki herself was tense, ready to step in if Kinsen was going to throw all honor to the wind now. Though what she would do? That far she hadn't thought.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:14 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:48 pm
"What is this blatant dishonor?"
"It looks like they may fight!" volunteered the Crab woman among the spectators, somewhat unnecessarily. She looked between Kinsen and Matsu with interest, noting their differing fighting stances, but didn't move to join in.

Would it be more polite to help? Chizu wondered. She didn't think so, but she wasn't that well-versed in southern dueling etiquette.
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo