[D8 EE] PLAYER EVENT: Iaijitsu tournament RP

Doji Hikaru

Re: [D8 EE] PLAYER EVENT: Iaijitsu tournament RP

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:17 pm
"I think they have a kind of honor," Chizu allowed. "Sometimes their leaders will fight in single combat against an enemy that they respect. But it's not anywhere near as formal as the Crane style of dueling. Even in the Crab, there aren't that many people who favor iaijitsu. From what you've said, I might have to train a little in this style, though - it's more useful than I had realized."
"Evidentally." Hikaru said, smiling just a little, his eyes flickering over to Kakita.

He gave Chizu a nod. "If you would care to practice more, I will place myself at your disposal. I have not devoted myself to the art so much as my friend here, but those trained in the Nanzi style are among the best duelists in the Empire."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:40 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:15 pm
"I don't know if it's much of a challenge." She watched the Hantei for a long moment. "My half siblings are Ongaku. You are the Hantei Queen. The tribe is long since dead." There wasn't a challenge in her voice, more just an account of what she knows.

"He is an old man of an old, dead world. We march forward in this new, young one. Once he is at peace, the past is dead. We'll always remember who he was, and the life he led. But our focus should be what we are now, no?"
Kinsen takes a long while to reply Matsu's statement. Then, she sighs and shakes her head, "If I die and he's the last of the Noriaki, my promise to Hantei will be broken, and so my honor. It may sound foolish to some, but an oath is an oath."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:51 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:41 pm
"I think all of your cousins are quite impressive, Togashi-sama," Kawauso says honestly. She seems about to say more when there's mention of Lord Hantei. "Yes, high expectations, I'm sure," she mumbles, nervous again. "And certainly Hantei Kinsen-sama has high expectations as well..." For some reason, the Lion seems more comfortable with that thought.
"Auntie is... demanding in her own way," it was a bit hard to get a grasp on Satsuki's tone there, but it seemed... exasperated? Still, she moved on from that quickly enough, offering a smile. "I'm glad to hear that my cousins have impressed you though. It's a bit, uh, challenging sometimes, to live up to the expectations of others. At least for me, I feel like my parents know me well and what I'll be capable of, but those who don't know me might expect something outlandish simply because of who my parents are."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:37 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:40 pm
Kinsen takes a long while to reply Matsu's statement. Then, she sighs and shakes her head, "If I die and he's the last of the Noriaki, my promise to Hantei will be broken, and so my honor. It may sound foolish to some, but an oath is an oath."
"Oaths are serious business. They are far more than promises. More than words between friends." Matsu was quiet in her response, her eyes looking down to Kinsen's.

"Oaths shouldn't be made when you can not guarantee that you can follow through on them. But that was always the thing." She shook her head. "For all your words. You failed to consider father."

There was a tilt in her head. "Remember that the Saruko Daimyo, when retelling the story for the Emperor, the story that is shared, names him as Noriaki No Yamadono - the Last of the Noriaki, who held the shield that allowed the others to survive to rescue Lord Hisomu." Her lips form a hard line.

"How can the oath be kept when that is what history shows?"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:10 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:51 pm

"Auntie is... demanding in her own way," it was a bit hard to get a grasp on Satsuki's tone there, but it seemed... exasperated? Still, she moved on from that quickly enough, offering a smile. "I'm glad to hear that my cousins have impressed you though. It's a bit, uh, challenging sometimes, to live up to the expectations of others. At least for me, I feel like my parents know me well and what I'll be capable of, but those who don't know me might expect something outlandish simply because of who my parents are."
Kawauso looks at Satsuki, genuinely curious. "Expectations can be quite a burden... even, uh, mundane ones." She frowns. "Even the expectation of mediocrity, in a way." She shakes off the thought. "My apologies, Togashi-sama. I would be happy to hear more about you and your cousins." At the sound of grunts in quick succession, her eyes fly to Hantei Genji, before she forces them back to Satsuki and tries to smile innocently.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:26 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:37 am
"Oaths are serious business. They are far more than promises. More than words between friends." Matsu was quiet in her response, her eyes looking down to Kinsen's.

"Oaths shouldn't be made when you can not guarantee that you can follow through on them. But that was always the thing." She shook her head. "For all your words. You failed to consider father."

There was a tilt in her head. "Remember that the Saruko Daimyo, when retelling the story for the Emperor, the story that is shared, names him as Noriaki No Yamadono - the Last of the Noriaki, who held the shield that allowed the others to survive to rescue Lord Hisomu." Her lips form a hard line.

"How can the oath be kept when that is what history shows?"
Kinsen smiles back, saying, “Matsu-chan will have to forgive me. Either time or myself will have to see the end of her dear father.”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:28 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:10 am
Kawauso looks at Satsuki, genuinely curious. "Expectations can be quite a burden... even, uh, mundane ones." She frowns. "Even the expectation of mediocrity, in a way." She shakes off the thought. "My apologies, Togashi-sama. I would be happy to hear more about you and your cousins." At the sound of grunts in quick succession, her eyes fly to Hantei Genji, before she forces them back to Satsuki and tries to smile innocently.
"More about my cousins, huh?" she mused. "I don't know how much I can tell you really, as many of them I haven't even met in person, or it's been a while since I met them - apart from those here, of course. Before coming here, Ryoshun Rei is the only one I would meet on occassion as our clans are very close to one another."

While thinking Satsuki locked her hands together behind her head, causing her sleeves to roll back enough to show off the beautiful dragon tattoo on her forearm.

"My twin brother Hoshi is pretty big and strong, and an excellent student with the sword. He's also clever, and skilled at many different things, and he really likes riddles but he's very shy around people especially strangers even if he's super-curious about them too. Our younger brother Taiyo is the opposite in that he loves to meet people and be around people, and he loves to play tricks and pranks whenever he can. He once surprised father with one of his tricks where he had replaced his calligraphy brush with a plain stick without father noticing! That's no easy feat."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:44 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:28 am

"More about my cousins, huh?" she mused. "I don't know how much I can tell you really, as many of them I haven't even met in person, or it's been a while since I met them - apart from those here, of course. Before coming here, Ryoshun Rei is the only one I would meet on occassion as our clans are very close to one another."

While thinking Satsuki locked her hands together behind her head, causing her sleeves to roll back enough to show off the beautiful dragon tattoo on her forearm.

"My twin brother Hoshi is pretty big and strong, and an excellent student with the sword. He's also clever, and skilled at many different things, and he really likes riddles but he's very shy around people especially strangers even if he's super-curious about them too. Our younger brother Taiyo is the opposite in that he loves to meet people and be around people, and he loves to play tricks and pranks whenever he can. He once surprised father with one of his tricks where he had replaced his calligraphy brush with a plain stick without father noticing! That's no easy feat."
The descriptions keep Kawauso's attention, although her eyes stare rudely at the tattoo. When she finally breaks that spell, she manages to converse somewhat coherently.

"Oh, a twin. I have a twin as well -- a sister though -- but we aren't... close, exactly. It's... I'm sorry, it's rather complicated and probably not best for polite conversation," she chuckles uncomfortably. "Um, your brothers sound very impressive. As you are, of course," the Lion smiles, eyes hinting that she's dancing around some topic or question.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:51 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:26 am
Kinsen smiles back, saying, “Matsu-chan will have to forgive me. Either time or myself will have to see the end of her dear father.”
Her grip on the wooden sword tightened. Her jaw set tightly, and her eyes narrowed. "I apologize, Hantei Kinsen-sama. I must have misheard. Did you... just threaten my father?" Her blood was beginning to boil. The red haze threatened to overtake her.

Ooc: are you sure this is what you want to do? I've got no void left to modify my Brash check. All I've got 3k3+6 v. TN25.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:08 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:51 am
Her grip on the wooden sword tightened. Her jaw set tightly, and her eyes narrowed. "I apologize, Hantei Kinsen-sama. I must have misheard. Did you... just threaten my father?" Her blood was beginning to boil. The red haze threatened to overtake her.

Ooc: are you sure this is what you want to do? I've got no void left to modify my Brash check. All I've got 3k3+6 v. TN25.
“No need to apologize. I hope time will suffice and that Fortunes keep ourselves apart, as much as I would like to re-encounter you dear father and solve this amicably. If Matsu-chan is offended, I apologize. Yet, as she said: an oath is an oath.”

Is Kinsen’s reply.

- -
OOC: Up to you. Kinsen is just being honest and courteous.

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:33 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:44 am
The descriptions keep Kawauso's attention, although her eyes stare rudely at the tattoo. When she finally breaks that spell, she manages to converse somewhat coherently.

"Oh, a twin. I have a twin as well -- a sister though -- but we aren't... close, exactly. It's... I'm sorry, it's rather complicated and probably not best for polite conversation," she chuckles uncomfortably. "Um, your brothers sound very impressive. As you are, of course," the Lion smiles, eyes hinting that she's dancing around some topic or question.
She could tell there was something on the Lioness' mind, however... something nearby was bugging her and she could no longer contain herself. "I wish to speak with you about what is on your mind, Akodo-san, but please excuse me... Honor demands it."

A quick bow, the Dragon princess turned to fully face her aunt and Matsu. A bit of a shame that it was Matsu again really, but the woman seemed to find herself on the opposite side of people who were wrong.

"Matsu-san, please excuse my old auntie Kinsen. She must be getting senile in her old age, as I don't think my esteemed uncle Lord Hantei or the Stag Clan would approve of such blatant disrespect for the words of my mother Lady Togashi Saruko, or the words of the Imperial records that clearly state the great Noriaki no Yamadono to be the last to bear the Noriaki name. Lady Kinsen is after all Hantei Kinsen now, and hasn't been of the Noriaki for many many many years."

The tall princess glared at her aunt with those otherworldly eyes of hers. "Do not threaten the heroes who accompanied your own husband to save uncle Hisomu. Noriaki no Yamadono gave years of his life to protect Lord Hantei, after all."

--------

D8 EE Contrary willpower TN 20: 3d10o10 15
Theme | Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:11 am

"Togashi-san, please, don't interrupt people when someone of higher status has not invited you to the conversation. It is unbecoming of your position, and a breach of etiquette by Doji-kami's standards. There's no need to fuel hatred between me and Hisomu-san. We both are plainly capable of solving this technicality. I do wish for this to be dealt amicably."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:38 am

EE8 - Iai Player Event RP Thread - Brash Check (Willpower 3, Honor 6.5, TN25): 3d10o10+6 20

Matsu saw red. First the woman threatened to kill her father, if time didn't. Then she called her, a grown woman, Matsu-chan.

And now, she talks down to Satsuki. The one person who through this time, trapped by the snow, has truly acted as a friend to the Spider Samurai. She roared.

"Shut the fuck up about the standards of that Queen of Demonfuckers! You want to deal with this shit amicably, grab a stick, meet me in that ring, or I'll beat your ass till you look your age, you old hag!" She was trying, trying so hard just to not immediately launch into a full on assault.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:04 am

Kakita looked over towards the commotion as the yelling started.

Then over briefly towards Hikaru at the mention of oni-fornicating…
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:04 am

Kinsen takes a deep breath, and reminds herself of Hantei and her son. She had to set a good example.

After a sigh, she says to Matsu, reminding the first time they've met. "We had a beef, your opapa and me, the first time we met –– I thought he was a threat to the Kami back then. We settled and I asked your forgiveness. Do you remember?"

Kinsen smiles, and adds, "I promised your father if you needed help or guidance, I would be there. That I would take care when you needed. It makes me both happy and sad that your honor is as sharp as mine. I understand your anger as much as you understand my duty."

Kinsen bows to Matsu for a moment and then comes back, "If you wish to confront me, to avoid major issues, please, do ask your lord for such and I'll clear with dear husband to get our Wise Emperor's approval. We serve a higher cause, today. I cannot simply exchange slaps with you if that may offend your Clan, or you to me and offend mine."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:15 am

"No, no, no." She seethed. "No backing down now. Right here, right now. Just you. And me. These bokken." She held the training weapon out. "One perfect strike. You win, there's nothing else to be said." She already was removing her kimono, revealing heavily defined musculature in her shoulders, her back. Bindings wrapped about her chest to keep her modest. "I win, you stay the fuck away from my father with any intent for violence."

Removing all signatures of her being a Spider samurai. "This isn't between clans, or Lords. Just two women, settling an old score. Matsu versus Kinsen. No other names matter here."

She tilted her head up, the bokken now resting across her shoulders, the Amazon warrior standing proud. "You walk away from this now, in front of every one. They'll know. They'll all know you can't back up what you're talking about. Just as your honorable son, and Doji Hikaru," she turned red in her anger, "Sorry about the comment! It's been a really fucking weird day, okay?" Then bsck to Kinsen, "Like I was saying, like they've just demonstrated for us all, how to resolve serious fucking problems."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:21 am

Satsuki only maintained her cold look to Kinsen, who foolishly thought she had power over her niece to dictate what she could do and could not do. "You disrespected my mother and my extended family with your words, I don't wait around like some coward when I hear such words."

She looked to Matsu, her face set in stone for now, but she nodded approvingly. "However, I will accept the outcome of Matsu's challenge. If I understand this duel-thing correctly from what Hantei Genji-san and Doji Hikaru-san have taught us here, this is how things are settled peacefully and in a civilized way, as the Kami taught us that we should no longer kill one another over disagreements. If Matsu-san does not mind, I will consider her to stand for the honor of my family as well in this matter."
Theme | Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:23 am

She shakes her head, “I would have confronted you if I were younger, unmarried and brash. Even if I remove insignia, I am still Stag, and I abide to our Emperor’s Laws, as much as they contradict my own wishes.”

She ignores Satsuki, politely. ;)

TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:34 am

Hikaru had frowned at the yelling, but it hadn't drawn enough of his attention to make it out. His frown was decidedly confused as he finally looked over.

It became decidedly less confused as he took in the scene; he looked to Genji for cues.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:34 am

"I'd be honored, Satsuki-sama." She looked to her friend, bowing her head solemnly, then looking to Kinsen again. "Imperial Law dictates that we resolve things within our clans. The Imperial Authority is to prevent war. This is a personal matter." She hefts the bokken, taking a few practice swings, then eying her enemy.

"They wouldn't want to get involved. But I get it." She sneered. "Chickenshit."