[D8 EE] PLAYER EVENT: Iaijitsu tournament RP

Yoshitsune Chizu

Re: [D8 EE] PLAYER EVENT: Iaijitsu tournament RP

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:54 pm

"Ahh! I am sorry," the Crab said, bowing. "I'm called Yoshitsune Chizu. You both have given me much to think about."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:05 am

“And I am Kakita. Your questions are well formed. They do you credit.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:54 pm
"Ahh! I am sorry," the Crab said, bowing. "I'm called Yoshitsune Chizu. You both have given me much to think about."
HIkaru shook his head gently. "There is no need for apology. In truth, I'm not certain you were addressing me."

He glanced around, then back to Chizu. "May I ask what weapon you favor?" His voice was soft, his mode of speaking very formal.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 am

"I've trained mainly with the tetsubo," Chizu said. "It's a weapon much favored by my clan, for its armor-breaking ability."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:20 am

He nodded, “Useful in a melee.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:27 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 am
"I've trained mainly with the tetsubo," Chizu said. "It's a weapon much favored by my clan, for its armor-breaking ability."
"I see." Hikaru said, his eyebrows going up just a little. He pursed his lips thoughtfully for a moment. "The bandits near Crane lands are not so well-equipped."

After a moment, he gave her a nod. "What are Crab lands like?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:07 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:20 am
He nodded, “Useful in a melee.”
"I've found it so," Chizu said with a small smile.
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:27 am
"I see." Hikaru said, his eyebrows going up just a little. He pursed his lips thoughtfully for a moment. "The bandits near Crane lands are not so well-equipped."

After a moment, he gave her a nod. "What are Crab lands like?"
"It's very beautiful," Chizu said, with a hint of loyalty to her clan's lands. "It's mostly mountains and valleys; the tallest mountains in the world are there. Our province is still rather sparsely populated, with just three villages so far, but Lord Hida makes sure each of these is well-defended against the northern raiders. Summers are short, winters are long and harsh. But our people are tough, and we've been able to make a life there." She looked thoughtful at this reminder of home.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:15 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:07 am
"It's very beautiful," Chizu said, with a hint of loyalty to her clan's lands. "It's mostly mountains and valleys; the tallest mountains in the world are there. Our province is still rather sparsely populated, with just three villages so far, but Lord Hida makes sure each of these is well-defended against the northern raiders. Summers are short, winters are long and harsh. But our people are tough, and we've been able to make a life there." She looked thoughtful at this reminder of home.
Hikaru nodded slowly. "I am pleased to hear that." He studied her for a few moments, his expression neutral. "Challenges can help to define a person. Or a Clan."

Another brief pause, and then he frowned. "Raiders? Not bandits? I am not familiar with this threat."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Letting her poor cousin be free to get beaten up by someone else, Satsuki took some time to catch her breath and listen to what was going on around her.

Kinsen's and Matsu's conversation for now at least had her ear.
After Genji had stepped away to his next match, Kawauso approached the Dragon princess, clearly anxious.

"Togashi-sama, if I may?" She asks as she bows. "You, um, didn't hit him that hard, did you?"
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:15 pm
Another brief pause, and then he frowned. "Raiders? Not bandits? I am not familiar with this threat."
"There are some tribes on the northern frontier who don't bow to the Emperor," Chizu said. "Not yet, anyhow. Some have been friendly, some...less so." She smiled and tilted her head slightly. "It's one of our Clan's duties to guard against them."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:38 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 pm
"There are some tribes on the northern frontier who don't bow to the Emperor," Chizu said. "Not yet, anyhow. Some have been friendly, some...less so." She smiled and tilted her head slightly. "It's one of our Clan's duties to guard against them."
"I see." Hikaru considered that. "Do they have any concept of honor? Would they answer to duels, if you challenged them?" Hikaru gestured to his sword; the real one, not the practice one. "The art Kakita-sama and I practice may yet be of use to you."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:47 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:41 pm
After Genji had stepped away to his next match, Kawauso approached the Dragon princess, clearly anxious.

"Togashi-sama, if I may?" She asks as she bows. "You, um, didn't hit him that hard, did you?"
As it seemed like Matsu had it well in hand, Satsuki looked to the approaching Lion. "Akodo-san," she bowed in return. "Genji-kun? Naaah, he's been hit worse, I'm pretty sure. And judging by what I saw in court today, he probably deserved some of it," the Dragon grinned playfully.

No chill whatsoever.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:47 pm

As it seemed like Matsu had it well in hand, Satsuki looked to the approaching Lion. "Akodo-san," she bowed in return. "Genji-kun? Naaah, he's been hit worse, I'm pretty sure. And judging by what I saw in court today, he probably deserved some of it," the Dragon grinned playfully.

No chill whatsoever.
The Lion looks unconvinced, but hesitates to question Satsuki. "Hmm," she grumbles lightly, brows furrowed. "I missed court. What was Gen-er, Hantei-sama doing?" She looks inordinately interested, trying unsuccessfully to make it seem like an idle question.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:13 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:08 pm
The Lion looks unconvinced, but hesitates to question Satsuki. "Hmm," she grumbles lightly, brows furrowed. "I missed court. What was Gen-er, Hantei-sama doing?" She looks inordinately interested, trying unsuccessfully to make it seem like an idle question.
The Dragon princess seemed rather unbothered by the questioning, and seemed to find the conversation a bit relaxing after today's events. "Oh, it's not my place to say exactly... but I suppose I can say that he did a bit of standing up for himself to overbearing people who are trying to control his life. So in a way, I think I'm mostly proud of him for doing that since I have told him to do so in the past, but... well, it really wasn't the time or the place for those dramatics, but it's wrong of me to place that blame on him."

She chuckled. "I'm just being teasing of my cousin, of course. He's a good guy."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:13 pm

The Dragon princess seemed rather unbothered by the questioning, and seemed to find the conversation a bit relaxing after today's events. "Oh, it's not my place to say exactly... but I suppose I can say that he did a bit of standing up for himself to overbearing people who are trying to control his life. So in a way, I think I'm mostly proud of him for doing that since I have told him to do so in the past, but... well, it really wasn't the time or the place for those dramatics, but it's wrong of me to place that blame on him."

She chuckled. "I'm just being teasing of my cousin, of course. He's a good guy."
"He really is," the Lion quickly agrees. "And I, well, if he was standing up for himself then that's probably good." Kawauso, without knowing what Genji said, seems to be trying to figure pout her position on it. "I'm sure you're a good influence on him, too," she adds, a slightly adoring lilt to her voice as she pauses thinking about Genji for a moment.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:35 pm
"He really is," the Lion quickly agrees. "And I, well, if he was standing up for himself then that's probably good." Kawauso, without knowing what Genji said, seems to be trying to figure pout her position on it. "I'm sure you're a good influence on him, too," she adds, a slightly adoring lilt to her voice as she pauses thinking about Genji for a moment.
"Maybe? This is the most time I've gotten to spend with him in a good while. He visited once with his father, but that's a long time ago now, and coming here was my first time travelling outside of Dragon lands."

Her eyes glinted with curiosity as she regarded Kawauso. "What's your opinion of him? I'm sure you've had the chance to speak more with him too, and maybe he's been different with you than me?"
Theme | Profile

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:17 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:38 pm
"I see." Hikaru considered that. "Do they have any concept of honor? Would they answer to duels, if you challenged them?" Hikaru gestured to his sword; the real one, not the practice one. "The art Kakita-sama and I practice may yet be of use to you."
"I think they have a kind of honor," Chizu allowed. "Sometimes their leaders will fight in single combat against an enemy that they respect. But it's not anywhere near as formal as the Crane style of dueling. Even in the Crab, there aren't that many people who favor iaijitsu. From what you've said, I might have to train a little in this style, though - it's more useful than I had realized."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:32 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:41 pm

"Maybe? This is the most time I've gotten to spend with him in a good while. He visited once with his father, but that's a long time ago now, and coming here was my first time travelling outside of Dragon lands."

Her eyes glinted with curiosity as she regarded Kawauso. "What's your opinion of him? I'm sure you've had the chance to speak more with him too, and maybe he's been different with you than me?"
The Lion's eyes go wide. "Um, well, I suppose we have spent some time together..." She blushes a little and looks down. "He seems to be a model samurai, um, but with a kind and gentle heart," she says quietly. "He's... so easy, so safe to talk to."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:36 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:32 pm
The Lion's eyes go wide. "Um, well, I suppose we have spent some time together..." She blushes a little and looks down. "He seems to be a model samurai, um, but with a kind and gentle heart," she says quietly. "He's... so easy, so safe to talk to."
Satsuki chuckled but didn't poke at the Lion's embarrassment. "Ah, it seems to be something I hear about a lot of my cousins." If she meant being a model samurai or kind and gentle, or easy to talk to, Satsuki didn't specify.

"And he's also decent with a sword and understands tactics. I wasn't too surprised when he did well in Makime-san's game the other day. Uncle Hantei is a man with high expectations."
Theme | Profile

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:36 pm

Satsuki chuckled but didn't poke at the Lion's embarrassment. "Ah, it seems to be something I hear about a lot of my cousins." If she meant being a model samurai or kind and gentle, or easy to talk to, Satsuki didn't specify.

"And he's also decent with a sword and understands tactics. I wasn't too surprised when he did well in Makime-san's game the other day. Uncle Hantei is a man with high expectations."
"I think all of your cousins are quite impressive, Togashi-sama," Kawauso says honestly. She seems about to say more when there's mention of Lord Hantei. "Yes, high expectations, I'm sure," she mumbles, nervous again. "And certainly Hantei Kinsen-sama has high expectations as well..." For some reason, the Lion seems more comfortable with that thought.