[D5 LM open]The curious cat

Chai Kotsume

Re: [D5 LM open]The curious cat

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:53 pm

Seeing the Bayushi switch from a... 'begging-like' face to some quite direct questions, Kotsume felt her face twitch a bit in confusion and almost chuckle, but she managed to keep a straight face and actually nod after Sasori's questions, as she was also hoping for more information if there was anything she might find.

"Also, Warden-san", she added bowing slightly. "Would it go against your orders to allow us to at least investigate the area around here" she gestures to the surroundings, but specifically not the area beyond the warden themselves. "See... in case something may have been missed before - or something... strange may have happened since, not directly related to people trying to go into the den?"
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:31 pm

"From what I understand the bodies were found piled up near the den. It looked as if it was marking its territory. They were recovered by Nature Wardens. None were buried except in snow."

He shifted his attention to Kotsume "the area you are not allowed in is marked. Outside of that you are free to explore and search to your hearts content."
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:58 pm

Tyrus wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:31 pm
"From what I understand the bodies were found piled up near the den. It looked as if it was marking its territory. They were recovered by Nature Wardens. None were buried except in snow."

He shifted his attention to Kotsume "the area you are not allowed in is marked. Outside of that you are free to explore and search to your hearts content."
The Ki-rin nodded to the guard with a serious, somewhat saddened face. "I see... if it was marking its territory, maybe it's feeling threatened by... something?"

She scratches her head. She knows a bit about animals, sure, but she's not used to seeing nature's rhythms go off. Understanding why that happened meant analysing things... and that was not so much her thing.

A head shake. She'd have to learn...

"I'll have a look around then, warden-san", she then says. "Thanks".

She then starts walking around and into the woods - keeping out of the marked area. Does she find anything else, perchance?...

OOC:
Do I roll Investigation or something? Or is it so obvious there's nothing else there I shouldn't even roll?

Or do I roll something else?...
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:44 am

Kotsume scoured the area around and found many trails and footfalls but nothing out for place for an area being guarded and visited.

----------------

I won't make you roll just to tell you you don't find anything 😉
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Tyrus wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:44 am
Kotsume scoured the area around and found many trails and footfalls but nothing out for place for an area being guarded and visited.

----------------

I won't make you roll just to tell you you don't find anything 😉
After a while searching through the area, the fisher girl is frustratingly convinced there's nothing worthy of note and goes back to the others.

"Ah... Bayushi-san, On... eh... Akodo-san... if something's affected the bear's behaviour, it left no signs here." She bows to the guard before turning to the others again. "Perhaps we should ask Yuzuru-heika for permission to examine the area closer to the den after all..."
Status

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:35 pm

"Hai..." Curiosity will still linger in her mind. "You are right we should get permission from the higher ups."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)