[D4 - EE] Spiritual Conversations

Saru Yatsufusa

[D4 - EE] Spiritual Conversations

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Once again, Yatsufusa made his way towards the waterfall in order to connect himself to nature and increase his spiritual link to the world. He decided to see if he could find the crane spirit that he talked to some days ago, and see if he could find some answers to local problems that he had been hearing about spiritual matters.

Slowly, but surely, he walked towards the exact same spot near the river. This time he brought some additional clothing in order to keep himself warm, for longer, although in case of need he could also use his knowledge of the elements and summon fire.

He sat, with difficulty, and then relaxed his breathing. He closed his eyes, searching inside his soul the way out, the way outside of reality that he called ningen-do, projecting his spirit outside and travelling to nature's domain once again...

[OOC]

Activating Medium Advantage, travelling to Chikushudo. Searching for Yukika.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Yukika

Re: [D4 - EE] Spiritual Conversations

Post by Yukika » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:37 pm

As he closes his eyes, he sees movement of white feathers out of the corner of his eye.

When he opened them again in Chikushudo, Yukika is before him, standing slightly in the river itself, her tall shoes keeping her out of the water itself. Her umbrella was gone this time. "We've gone quite far afield, Yatsufusa," she noted with a small, amused smile.
Crane Spirit | Old | Wise

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:28 pm

'' Indeed.'' He returned the smile with a low respectful bow. '' This one hopes that Yukika-sama has been fine and been blessed.'' He adds. '' How has been all around here? Everything fine? or has been some sort of difference since we last talked?'' Yatsufusa was interested to know if anything had changed in the last days.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:44 am

"No, nothing major has changed... There is a... difference in the air, but it is subtle. I do not know what to make of it yet," she replied with a small frown.

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:10 am

'' I see, well i have somethings that i wish to discuss with you, should you wish of course.'' He said politely.

'' First, i got noticed that a bear, a special one from what i was told, lives around the nearby of the Castle and town. It would seem that the bear is of a rare color, and that is possibly a mother? '' He told her. '' I wanted to know if you know anything about such bear and, to clear my suspicion if it is a 'normal' bear or a spirit-bear, protector of this region.'' That was the first question.

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:34 am

"Hmm..." She considered the question, "That presumes there is a substantial difference between a normal animal and a spirit animal. Any of us who live long enough may fully come to awareness of ourselves and our abilities. She may be close, she has lived a long time and is very smart, but her awareness has not broadened to that degree yet that I know of."

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:03 pm

'' I see, well...'' Yatsufusa wondered for a while. '' I was refering to that difference, between sentience or non-sentience of their own powers. Forgive me if i didn't explain myself correctly and precisely.'' He offered an apologize for the confusion.

'' I had a suspicion that it might be connected to someone here, it would seem that there is a person who might have kumainu ancestors in her lineage and i wished to see if there was any connection between them.'' He was refering to her conversation with Hantei Kinsen, but apparently they were not linked.

Then Yatsufusa took some time to formulate his second question.

'' In other topics, i did wondered about the conversation we had a few days ago, about the harmony and balance that is shifting on the realms, and it came to my attention that you and me are not the only ones feeling it. Today i met someone, and him alongside his son have been having these strange dreams, which have grabbed my attention and are making me a bit worried...'' He explained.

'' In this man's dream he saw crows and ravens, a lot of them, or they would seem to be, but they are not. There's also some black oozeness instead of snow which i have speculated, and the man that had the dream agreed with me, that is probably the same corruption from Jigoku.'' He explained. '' That man also saw thunders, same as me when i pierced the void and looked into the future, and he explained me about the Thunders and their mission .''

'' Do you have any idea of what might be happening, Yukika-sama. Have you, in your long life, seen anything like this. Also, as a spirit of Chikushudo, what could an image of crows and ravens mean to you?'' He asked.

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:43 pm

"Ah, I see."

"Hmmm... It could be, but it's hard to say. Jigoku is often a... blunt instrument. Subtlety isn't it's forte that I've ever been able to tell, or that those older than me discuss. Jigoku and Ningen-do have always been in opposition, but if the balance has shifted... I wonder if something has changed."

She shifted on her feet before coming over to sit very close next to him. "Crows and ravens are related, but they're not the same. It's kind of hard to explain. Like two sides of the same coin."

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm

'' Hmmm..'' That comment made Yatsufusa wonder. '' I found it strange though. Multiple people having the same visions or dreams, i receiving signs from the heavens and from the all encompasing void, bad rumours circulating about some of the Kami.''

'' I am worried that something is going to happen, but i don't know what to do about it.'' He sounded confused.

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:35 pm

"... Would you like me to travel deeper into Chikushudo to ask my elders?" She asked after a moment's silence. "It would take me a few days."

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:39 pm

'' If it would not cause you any problems then, please, i will be grateful for it.'' He was being honest here. '' I feel like i might have the key to something important that is coming, but i don't know which lock among the many ones is the correct one.''

'' I know that the Kami say that one should not fear, but i fear that if i don't see beyond the shadow that is clouding my eyes, people and spirits will be hurt.''

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:43 pm

She nodded a little bit, considering. "Yes, I will go seek their wisdom for you."

A long pause passed before she said, "I will ask a heavy price, commensurate to the weight of knowledge you seek, and the trials I will have to pass to gain it."

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:57 pm

'' Like i said the first time i met you, Yukika-sama. I will do anything that will help ningen, spirits and other beings to keep harmony and balance, and to avoid corruption and evil.''

'' if this knowledge will cost me, so be it.'' He adds.

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:03 pm

"Marriage," she replied simply. "If you cannot for some reason, then to one of those of your Clan."

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 pm

Well that was a bit unexpected but, he had made his vow and gave his word.

'' So be it. Yukika-sama. I will be your husband.'' There was no doubt on Yatsu's words. He was determined.

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 pm

Yukika smiled and reached into her kimono sleeve, taking out one of her feathers and handing it to him. "You with have this in Ningen-do when you wake. Keep it with you as a sign of your promise."

She rose. "I will head off now, to seek your information."

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 pm

'' I will do so, Yukika-sama.'' He smiled back and bowed. '' I will not disturb you anymore. Thanks and i will wait for our next meeting.'' He added politely. '' May the light of Amaterasu-no-kami keep you safe.''

Background

Yukika

Post by Yukika » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:39 pm

"And you, as well." With that, she transformed and flew off into the forest.

Run by GM Canary

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:44 pm

Yatsufusa watched as she went and then he ended his concentration on his spiritual powers, returning to ningen-do. He observed the feather that was given to him by Yukika. He inspected it and wondered on how the future and destiny works in mysterious ways.

Without much to do, except to wait, he raised from his pose and went to back to the castle.

/scene.

Background