It's not working (Day 1, EM, Open)

Ongaku Masanori

Re: It's not working (Day 1, EM, Open)

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:59 pm

"It is the duty of my family to maintain a connection with the opinions of those outside the capital, so if we don't keep an idea of life outside these walls, we will have failed."

His eyes searched her features, brow furrowed, and he added, "If we also fail to convince others of the value of these rules and education which supports them, then we will have doubly failed."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 pm

The Lion purses her lips and nods solemnly.

"The Ongaku carry a weighty duty, then. The empire is vast, as I understand it. The miles and miles up this river to my home is comparatively fast and clear, but just a tiny portion of the distance from the far north to the far south." Kawauso looks at him thoughtfully. "The work of many will be needed to keep the capitol informed, especially when messages can travel only so quickly. It's fortunate that the emperor is centrally located and well served, but help from all the clans seems necessary. Assuming it's the emperor's will to ask them for that help."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:17 pm

"Well... we do ask that you co-operate with the caravans when they visit - it makes our duty much easier. Likewise, if the libraries are put to use, and each clan keeps their own contributions up to date, we can then return them to the capital."

Masanori couldn't quite hide a dry smile.

"Some clans are more eager to produce literature to send to the rest of the empire than others - perhaps they are more concerned about spreading their customs... though without other inputs, it would give them undue influence."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:08 pm

Kawauso nods as she processes what she's learning. "How interesting. I do not think I've seen a caravan, but my home is far from main roads."

At mention of undue influence, Kawauso makes a face. "Hrmm. That would not... be the best way. It is important to share what our people are experiencing... Do you know, have the Lion been, ah, producing this literature? Oh, perhaps Makime-sama will know or can help us do more," the woman brightens a little as an idea sparks of what to do next.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.