[D1 - EN] Amids the Cold Touch of Nature

Saru Yatsufusa

[D1 - EN] Amids the Cold Touch of Nature

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 pm

It was certainly a cold night. Although not as cold as what one could feel up in the mountains of the territories of Kami Togashi. It would seem that a storm was coming, at least that was what Yatsu's leg and gut was telling him, as he slowly moved through the snow with his walking stick.

Being amids the nature was calling him, and, because of his heritage, he felt a bit more connected to this than to the 'human world'. Unlike his father though, he was a child of both worlds and could navigate both with more understanding of both. Hopefully he could achieve a bridge between this new era of human kind and the old one more in line with nature and the spirits.

In any case, Yatsu managed to arrive to the waterfall. It was dark but he could hear it from afar. After finding some place close to the river and near the base of the waterfall where he could not be disturbed, he sat on the snow. He was shivering a bit, but, it was the price to be connected to nature's touch.

He crossed his arms and adopted a meditating pose, trying to harmonize his spirit and body to the surroundings. Searching for beyond the veil of ningen-do's reality...

[OOC]

Activating Medium advantage. Spirtually travelling to Chikushudo
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Canary
Site Admin

Re: [D1 - EN] Amids the Cold Touch of Nature

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 am

[Warning: Spending too long sitting in the snow and traveling to Chikushudo runs the risk of hypothermia. Proceed at your own risk.]

The world around him doesn't change so much, at least not to the untrained eye. The trees around him loom larger, the waterfall a little taller and more dramatic... the shadows of the woods beyond a little deeper. Bright eyes seem to watch him from every spare branch. The animal spirits are present all over, flitting between shadows, suspicious of the interloper in their territory.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:15 pm

Yatsu didn't had much time in here. He understood the limitations of his own body, but, connecting directly with nature probably would had better results overall. It was a risk he was willing to take.

He observed the spirits, looking for one willing to talk to him. He wanted to ask something to them...

[OOC-Rolls]

Lore: Spirit Realms/Int - 29
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:52 pm

Nearby, he can see a crane alight on the edge of the river flowing nearby, glancing toward him before turning its attention to the water. Spirit cranes were fabled to live for a thousand years, and to bring good luck. Perhaps it would also be willing to speak with him.

Distantly, he can feel himself begin to shiver in earnest.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Yatsu approached the Spirit Crane and offered a low respectful bow. '' Forgive me if i'm interrupting you, honored Spirit-sama...'' He said politely to the Crane. '' This one's name is Yatsufusa, a ningen traveller seeking some answers and spiritual wisdom.'' He adds.

He would have to be precise and consise since he could feel his mortal body starting to shiver back in ningen do.

[OOC-Rolls]

Etiquette/Awa - 47

Background

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:02 am

cranegirl.jpg
cranegirl.jpg (48.07 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
The Crane stepped forward onto the shore of the river. As it did, it changed, plumage shifting to fluttering but warm layers of clothing, patterned with cranes and clouds, pale upper kimono and dark hakama reflecting the white plumage and dark legs of the form the Crane wore before. She held a bamboo umbrella, but the limb folded over to hold it in place was a wing. Bright, pale gold eyes watched him a she bowed in return.

"You may call me Yukika. You risk much for wisdom, Yatsufusa-ningen. What could be so important?"

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:28 am

'' It is an honor Yukika-sama...'' He bowed again, respectfully. '' This one will gladly risk his body in order to help him understand and bridge the gap between spirits and ningen.'' He said to the crane spirit.

'' I will not disturb you for long though, although a part of my blood is spiritual from your most beautiful realm, i can feel my mortal body is starting to suffer the consequences of its nature, back on ningen-do...'' He was honest, he could not stay for long.

'' I'm looking for enlightment and guidance. There is a new era in ningen-do, started by the Fall of the Sons and Daughters of Heavens, as you might know, honored one...'' He said. '' And while i have confidence in the work of the Kami and the changes they have brought, this one is not sure how it could affect the harmony of the spiritual worlds in the future. I wish to at least bring the petitions and hopes of spirits and other beings into the discussions that could happen here and to mantain balance between the realms.'' He adds.

'' Of course i cannot speak for all spirits, but at least i wish to understand what impacts could bring this new dawn, and adjust my world view so that ningen and spirits could keep a harmonious relation in the future. Even a small pebble could change the flow of a mighty river, given time, so to say.''

[OOC-Rolls]

Sincerity (honesty - no emph)/Awareness, 2cr for effect - 34

Background

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:57 am

She stepped gracefully across the distance between them, stepping up until there were only inches between them and angling her umbrella so that it covered both of them. He could feel the shivers stop as a small surge of warmth filled his body. "Your task is a noble one. I will not let you suffer for pursuing it while you are in my presence," she assured.

"What happens in Ningen-do affects Chikushudo and vice-versa since we are so closely linked. Many of us have noticed how things have been changing with the arrival of the Children of Amaterasu-Oomikami. Our contact with humans has been more limited since the Ayakashi scattered, though. The distance between our realms could increase if the bond we created through them fades more. I suppose that is the first of the consequences of their arrival that comes to mind," she replied with a soft frown. "The dragons occasionally visit... they speak of larger spiritual shifts in the realms, in the balance of them. Even the dreams of the youngest and simplest of us have been changing lately..."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:59 pm

As the spirit got closer, the dragon could feel that his mortal body, back in ningen-do, stopped shivering. He returned the kind gesture by the crane spirit with a bow. '' Arigato, most honored one.'' He said, respectfully.

'' The Ayakashi scattered between those that followed Shiba-tenno, and those that followed his divine brother Togashi.'' He explained. '' My family is from the later one, my mother being part of that tribe while my father, well, i guess you can see through me and notice my heritage, Yukika-sama...'' Yatsu added.

Yatsu thinks for a moment as he analized what the Crane spirit said to him.

'' A re arrangement would be for the better or worse...'' He thought aloud. '' But without knowing what could happen, perhaps it is best to explore and investigate the possibilities so that, whatever branch of destiny this path is leading us, spirits and ningen can continue to engage harmoniously with one another.'' He adds. '' I know that there is faction inside the followers of Togashi-no-kami that wishes to see the establishment of a formal studies of the elemental prayers. Perhaps i could influence that to add the spiritual wisdom to it.''

'' Nonetheless, discovering what this shift in the balace could mean could be crucial to understand what this path is leading the world to....'' He adds to what he was talking. '' I don't know what strength lies within me, but i will not let you be sidelined, Yukika-sama. It is the minimum a soul like mine could do...''

Background

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:59 pm

"A child of the Kitsune, yes," she replied with a small smile. "Your heritage is clear to me."

She listened to the rest of what he had to say, nodding slightly. "... Hmm... yes. I wish to accompany you when you return to your Clan."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:31 pm

'' And i will be honored to receive any wisdom you wish to share in that regard, Yukika-sama...'' He said to her, while offering a smile. '' If moving forward, means, that we will forget our roots and the convergence of the spiritual worlds, then we will lose a part of us.'' He adds. '' Perhaps the Ayakashi tribe has been disbanded, but its blood and heritage should not be lost.''

'' Now, i do not wish to disturb you any more. I will be going back now...'' He said to her. '' If you wish to i could visit you another time so that i can learn from you and the rest of the spirits as to how this one could help you.'' Yatsu said.

Background

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:36 pm

"Yes... I was thinking perhaps a new arrangement can be made. We shall see," she agreed, nodding as much to herself as to him. "As for that... The palace has a small lake as part of its garden. I will accompany you in my other form. This weather will get worse, so it is hard to say if you could even see me before the winter is out."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 pm

The young dragon chuckles. '' Hai. Well, i was not blessed with the strongest of bodies unfortunately. And although i do have some training in asking the elemental kami for their help, fire is not my forte.'' He was honest. '' But at least not as bad a relationship with earth ones.'' He adds. '' Arigato, Yukika-sama.''

Yatsu bowed to her again, lowly. He might had wanted to stay a bit longer, also, he kinda found her fascinating, after all he was an avian enthusiast much like his mother. Nonetheless he relaxed in his spiritual form, concentrated in locating his body, and as he did that, his spiritual projection started to shine as it was attracted to return to ningen do...

[OOC]

Deactivating Medium. Returning to ningen-do

Background

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:58 pm

He finds himself surprisingly comfortable when he reaches the world of mortals once more. Perhaps its a matter of the large red-crowned crane practically snuggled up against his side?

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Well, that was a surprise, to say the least, but he smiled in the dark. The dragon picked up his walking stick, and with a lot of difficulties he stood up once more, his withered leg in massive pain due to the position it was a few minutes ago. Yet he has learned to lived with it.

'' Let's go then.'' He said, and slowly he began to find his way back towards the castle. Even though it was dark he could sense that the weather was about to get worse.

Background

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 pm

As they returned to the castle, the bird would only fly ahead a little bit at a time, ensuring he made it back with her.

/scene?

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:27 pm

/Scene

Background