Tell Me Where I Shugyo (D1 EA, Open)

Kakita

Re: Tell Me Where I Shugyo (D1 EA, Open)

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:18 pm

He shook his head.

“She is quite well. A bright scholar and filled with all kinds of esoteric knowledge. I thought you might be interested in speaking with her.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:35 pm

"Oh, I am, I am, but she has a great deal to do... leadership is a time-consuming occupation, to say the least!"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 pm

“Your self-depreciation seems to have flared up again. Your importance is rivaled by few in this city whether you would like to believe it or not.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:44 pm

"Bah! I'm just turning into a reminder of a past everyone wants to move beyond, Kakita. Myself very much included. I'm profoundly grateful that my children, for example, will never know the hardships I did at their age. But if you think Rei-sama would find value in the conversation, I'll set aside some time for it."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:57 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:13 pm
Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 pm
“You should find occasion to speak with Rei-sama in the near future.”
Sora cocked his head to the side.

"Is she ill? Or just a matter of some urgency?"
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:03 pm
"With such manners, I must come to the conclusion you came here with a guardian of some sort. Did you run ahead? "
"Well, ah-"

And then their brother came charging up the hill with all of the speed a reasonably athletic seven year old could muster.

"Dad's talking to some guy under the waterfall, said he'd... oh. Hi! I'm Soryu!"

"Our brother, Jiyo Soryu."

"And our father, Jiyo Sora, is apparently..."

"... talking to someone else?"
Bowing to the new arrival, "Nice to meet you as well Jiyo Soryu. Considering how beautiful the river is, I would be surprised if there weren't people flocking for an opportunity to take in the scenery."
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:57 pm
Bowing to the new arrival, "Nice to meet you as well Jiyo Soryu. Considering how beautiful the river is, I would be surprised if there weren't people flocking for an opportunity to take in the scenery."
Shirayuki blinked. "Actually, it's normally pretty quiet out here, that's why Dad likes it so m- ow!"

Phi had elbowed her sister in the ribs. "We're gratified that so many are finding beauty in the Imperial lands, Akodo-sama."

"What's gratified?"

"It means happy, Soryu."

Current Theme

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:25 am

"Well, I can certainly see why that would be a nice change of pace from the capital city. From what I hear about Sora-sama, I think he deserves some rest whenever he needs it. It would be a pleasure to meet him as well."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:51 am

"Well, he should be along in a bit, unless his other conversation turns into..." Shirayuki trailed off, trying to recall her mother's turn of phrase.

"... one of his oracular fixations," Phi supplied.

Soryu walked toward the Lion. "What are you doing out here?"

"Soryu!"

"Aw, Phi..."

Current Theme

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:01 am

"Well I was meditating near the highest concentration of water kami within walking distance. My friend said the first step towards enlightenment is to be able to feel the connection between the land and yourself. By being here, I know which element I am supposed to connect with and can confirm if I am doing it right."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:16 am

"Told you she was meditating."

"Yes, Shirayuki, you did, but-"

"I mediate out here sometimes. Dad says he's not very good at it, but he enjoys trying. Said it was one of the first things the Kami showed him how to do that actually impressed him."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:44 pm
"Bah! I'm just turning into a reminder of a past everyone wants to move beyond, Kakita. Myself very much included. I'm profoundly grateful that my children, for example, will never know the hardships I did at their age. But if you think Rei-sama would find value in the conversation, I'll set aside some time for it."
“She’s an exceptional young woman. Please do meet with her... she needs friends to support her.” He bowed politely as if asking a favor.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:34 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:16 am
"Told you she was meditating."

"Yes, Shirayuki, you did, but-"

"I mediate out here sometimes. Dad says he's not very good at it, but he enjoys trying. Said it was one of the first things the Kami showed him how to do that actually impressed him."
"With how much experience he has, your dad must be a very humble man indeed."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:27 am

Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 am
“She’s an exceptional young woman. Please do meet with her... she needs friends to support her.” He bowed politely as if asking a favor.
"Well, I'm not exactly famous for my easy charm and good manners, but I'll do what I can. Is she going to be here long?"
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:34 am
"I guess?"

"He sometimes says anything he has to be proud of, he had a lot of help with."

This included his children, but Shirayuki wasn't going to say that part.

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:28 pm

“She intends to be here for a season, yes.” He replied.

“She is quite intelligent. Can be put to good use if your people are in need of some form of assistance....”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:27 am
Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 am
"Well, I'm not exactly famous for my easy charm and good manners, but I'll do what I can. Is she going to be here long?"
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:34 am
"I guess?"

"He sometimes says anything he has to be proud of, he had a lot of help with."

This included his children, but Shirayuki wasn't going to say that part.
"But he doesn't lord it over others does he? There is a great deal of things one who directly serves the emperor has to be grateful for, I'm sure?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 pm
"But he doesn't lord it over others does he? There is a great deal of things one who directly serves the emperor has to be grateful for, I'm sure?"
"Oh! Yeah, Dad hates anyone who acts like they actually deserve authority over other people. He says it's a duty, not a right. But he definitely likes having Isawa-trained midwives on hand for Mother, and he loves the Library project."

Shirayuki snickered. "To be fair, Dad hates a lot of people, even if he tries not to let us know he does."

"Yuki..."

"Phi, come on, it's hardly some gigantic secret."
Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:28 pm
“She intends to be here for a season, yes.” He replied.

“She is quite intelligent. Can be put to good use if your people are in need of some form of assistance....”
"Running an Empire like this, there's always a need for assistance."

And unlike some of those assholes out there, I'm not going to say some shit about how offering it is the duty of all who live here.

"And beyond friends to trust, what else does the heir of the Bat require?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:19 pm

“Is there something of value beyond the friendship of trustworthy individuals?” He asked in response.

“I would assume nothing would have greater meaning to her.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:21 pm

"Then I'll have to find some trustworthy individuals to befriend her."

He winked, clearly joking.

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 pm

“If that is a reference to looking for eligible marriage candidates, I know her mother would not be opposed.” He replied with little hesitation.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:08 pm

"Well, my kids are all a bit young, but joking about that aside... I could look around. Do you know if she has her eye on anyone in particular?"

Current Theme