Tell Me Where I Shugyo (D1 EA, Open)

Kakita

Tell Me Where I Shugyo (D1 EA, Open)

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:56 am

Kakita could feel the gathering cold as he walked the journey towards the waterfall. His years? Yes... years it must have been... Those years in the mountains with his teacher had taught him of the coldness of winter.

He could visualize it all... the rocks, the waterfall, the clouds. He walked along a path now with a different understanding of the world. Things happened so much more thoroughly now... with such apparent intent.

The world had changed; no... he had.

————

“There is a sickness besetting your kin.”

“What kind of sickness?”

“With who you are now... You will know it when you see it.”

“And how do I help them?”

“Don’t fight the winds that will beset you. Float upon them.”

————

He was there now; standing among the chilling mist of the waterfall. He could feel the cold of the water of a different waterfall... it was deeply etched into his muscle memory.

I have come so far... but this is only the beginning.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Re: Tell Me Where I Shugyo (D1 EA, Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:18 am

The twins had stopped talking, saving their breath for the walk, and Soryu was riding on his shoulders.

Sora knew that in warmer weather, all three of his kids could have run the whole way, but it made him feel happy.

Happy that they still needed their old man to take point on a day like this.

As they reached their destination, he set Soryu down.

"All right, now that we've burned off some of that excited energy you three have..."

"This is about not causing Mom any unneeded stress?"

"Probably about how he wants us to steer clear of most of the guests."

"Can I ride your shoulders on the way back, Dad?"

"So. Yes to all three of you."

Phi frowned, while Soryu smiled, and Shirayuki shrugged.

"But why not? Emperor Shiba and Uncle Yuzuru are hosting the wedding, and it's a chance to meet people, and you're always saying we need to see more of the Empire-"

Because something about Hadananzi bothers me.
Because Nanzi is a man who thinks in terms of caste, in terms of slavery, and whose daughter cannot be that different from him growing up as she has.
Because I don't want you swarmed and awed by Crane finery before you have an understanding for what it costs.

"Because you're twelve, Phi. Most of these visitors are here on serious business. Besides, your Mom will need you around to help her out."

"But Mom'll have Soryu and Shirayuki-"

"Phi. Please. Just humor me on this."

He did something then that he didn't much care for, but... he made a slight hand signal. Hid it, as if he were rubbing at his nose. A little something he'd taught Phi during their visit to the Scorpion lands two years prior. Sort of a code sign.

Something of the Willow Sect, which he'd tried to keep his children clear of, but which Phi- nosy little Phi- had noticed.

It meant "secrets."

He saw the recognition dawn in her eyes, then had to stifle a sad smile as she put on a pout. She was so good at it already, the social masks.

"But Dad-"

"Come on, Phi, you know the rules." Shirayuki. So much more open in her demeanor, but just as observant in her way, "Anything he says to us out here, there's no appeal. Besides, we'll still see some of the visitors, even if we need to steer clear of the big formal functions."

"And I heard one of the Ki-Rin brought otters! And They won't be at... for-mal functions either!"

Sora shook his head and started laughing at the excitement in his son's voice.

"She did indeed.And if you're good, maybe you'll get to meet them. In the meantime... who wants to race an old man to the top of the waterfall?"

He'd let them win, of course, but it was easier to do than it used to be.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:30 am

Kakita heard the voices carried on the air long before he saw their owners. The roar of the waterfall was nowhere near enough to cloud his ears.

He watched them from afar as they sped up the path towards the top of the waterfall...

————

“Race you to the top!”

“No fair! You’re faster than me and got a head start! Daaaad!”

“Hayaku, at least give your sister a chance.”

“But I’m going to be the fastest swordsman in the Empire! I can’t be waiting around for slowpokes!”

“And what would your mother say about leaving your sister behind?”

Hayaku’s footsteps stopped and turned back down the path towards his sister.

————

Kakita offered a faint smile at the family in the distance.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:34 am

Someone is here.

Sora pulled up short.

"You three are too fast for me! I'll catch up in a minute..."

Someone is watching... now, where... ah. Of course.

He cocked his head as he looked toward the falling water.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:36 am

He saw the father stop and look at he and the swirling mists around him. A subtle but polite nod was granted to the man trailing behind his children...

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:42 am

Well, since we're all behaving so friendly.

Sora called out as he approached at a slow walk.

"Hello there- hope we aren't disturbing you?"

"Who is it, Dad?"

Ah, right. Soryu's legs are shorter, he's not going to keep pace.

"I don't know, Soryu. But they were here first, so we should introduce ourselves."

"Oh... uhm, hi! I'm Joyo Soryu, and this my Dad, Jiyo Sora? And my sisters Phi and Shirayuki are somewhere near the top of the falls by now?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:47 am

Kakita bowed politely to the child.

“Hello, I am called Kakita. It is a pleasure to meet you. Your father’s name I have heard before, but I will be sure to remember yours as well.”

He then looked to the father. “It is no disruption. I was enjoying watching your family.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 am

"Just so someone does."

Sora grinned.

"These three can be a handful- Soryu, run along, and let your sisters know that everything's fine, I'll be along in a bit."

He watched his seven year old son race off and shook his head.

"I don't think I was ever that young. Kakita, is it? Like the tribe?"

Current Theme

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 am

Near the top of the waterfall is a young lady meditating, finishing as she notices twin girls running up the path.

D1 EA: Meditation/Void, activating Touch the Void Dragon, TN 15: 6d10o10k3 27
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:55 am

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 am
Near the top of the waterfall is a young lady meditating, finishing as she notices twin girls running up the path.

Shirayuki blinked and glanced at Phi. "Kinda crowded out here today, isn't it?"

"Shirayuki, I think you're missing the important part- this is a chance to meet people!"

"Yeah, but she looks like she's meditating, we should probably give her some space..."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:23 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 am
"Just so someone does."

Sora grinned.

"These three can be a handful- Soryu, run along, and let your sisters know that everything's fine, I'll be along in a bit."

He watched his seven year old son race off and shook his head.

"I don't think I was ever that young. Kakita, is it? Like the tribe?"
He nodded, “Yes, like the tribe.”

He motioned towards the children, “And they are the children of one of the great heroes of Lord Hisomu’s rescue?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:14 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:55 am
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 am

Shirayuki blinked and glanced at Phi. "Kinda crowded out here today, isn't it?"

"Shirayuki, I think you're missing the important part- this is a chance to meet people!"

"Yeah, but she looks like she's meditating, we should probably give her some space..."
"It is alright girls, I have achieved what I wanted with my meditations. I am Akodo Moshi, it is nice to meet you both."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:32 pm

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:23 pm
He nodded, “Yes, like the tribe.”

He motioned towards the children, “And they are the children of one of the great heroes of Lord Hisomu’s rescue?”
"Normally I'd say something self-deprecating, but since Kinyoubi was on that mission too... yes, yes they are. Are you sworn to the Spider, then?"
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:14 pm
"It is alright girls, I have achieved what I wanted with my meditations. I am Akodo Moshi, it is nice to meet you both."
Phi and Shirayuki both hit perfect bows- you'd hardly imagine their father's view on the thing.

"Jiyo Phi."

"Jiyo Shirayuki."

And then in unison.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:32 pm

"Normally I'd say something self-deprecating, but since Kinyoubi was on that mission too... yes, yes they are. Are you sworn to the Spider, then?"
He shook his head in the negative, “No, he is Lord of the Spider, but not my lord. I am currently fulfilling a duty for the Lady of the Bat. I have accompanied the Ryoshun scion, Ryoshun Rei, on her journey to attend her cousin’s wedding this evening.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm
He shook his head in the negative, “No, he is Lord of the Spider, but not my lord. I am currently fulfilling a duty for the Lady of the Bat. I have accompanied the Ryoshun scion, Ryoshun Rei, on her journey to attend her cousin’s wedding this evening.”
"Ah, the Bat!"

Sora smiled.

"Genuinely a pleasant bunch to deal with for me. How are you finding service to them?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:52 pm

“Agreeable. Different than I have experienced before... but their creative spirit is a joy to be around.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:56 pm

"I confess, I find them soothing. There's something reassuring about their connection to Ryoshun... and given my scholarly pursuits over the past twenty years or so, they always have something new for me to learn."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 pm

“Indeed.” He replied with a nod.

“You should find occasion to speak with Rei-sama in the near future.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:03 pm

"With such manners, I must come to the conclusion you came here with a guardian of some sort. Did you run ahead? "

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:13 pm

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 pm
“You should find occasion to speak with Rei-sama in the near future.”
Sora cocked his head to the side.

"Is she ill? Or just a matter of some urgency?"
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:03 pm
"With such manners, I must come to the conclusion you came here with a guardian of some sort. Did you run ahead? "
"Well, ah-"

And then their brother came charging up the hill with all of the speed a reasonably athletic seven year old could muster.

"Dad's talking to some guy under the waterfall, said he'd... oh. Hi! I'm Soryu!"

"Our brother, Jiyo Soryu."

"And our father, Jiyo Sora, is apparently..."

"... talking to someone else?"

Current Theme