Day 9 LA: The weapon of the people (expecting)

Wu Zhe

Day 9 LA: The weapon of the people (expecting)

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Up, straight, down...and again

Zhe was strking the air with his spear while Shu was keeping itself warm in a wicker basket with Zhe's extra winter clothing.

''...and reverse''

The dragon changes position with a swift strike of his spear's blunt end and a shift of the hips

Up, straight, down...and again
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Akodo Kawauso

Re: Day 9 LA: The weapon of the people (expecting)

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:21 pm

"A skilled warrior and a wise man, Wu-sama? You are quite intriguing," a familiar voice says from nearby. Akodo Kawauso had approached more stealthy than she often is. The tall woman is perhaps over dressed as the day is notably warmer than it has been, and she's holding her Ryu-yari.

"My apologies for disturbing your training. I was headed to the waterfall to, um... consider some things."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Zhe turns with a smile as he recognizes the voice ''A bold assessment Akodo-san. I do not believe myself to be particularly skilled or knowledgeable unless it relates to farming and cattle.''

His eyes falls to the dragon spear the lioness hold in her hands

''No need to apologize...erm...you are using a ryu-yari?'

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:30 pm

"The Daikawa took the many uses of spears very seriously. Among the benefits of the coming of the kami was improving metalworking, to make something like this possible for us. And it was a priority of mine," she says with a small grin. "Of course, they are not common. And perhaps not up to the standards of the Dragon, but I suppose we could test that," she suggests with a glint in her eye that any mischievous otter would be proud of.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:35 am

''I am surprised to see one outside the Wu use them...but I am glad. I am sure our founder would have appreciated.'' he tilts his head and gives a grin of his own ''Like I told you I am mostly a farmer but if you want to spar I am up for it''