[D9 LM] Into the Woods

Bayushi Kogi

[D9 LM] Into the Woods

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 am

From the thin tree cover along the river's edge, Kogi shades her eyes against the winter sun and squints across the water. Even out in the wild, a swath of fabric still hides her face, sensibly tucked in to the neckline of her quilted jacket.

"It really is warmer today," she says with audible relief to her companion. "A few times, I almost thought we'd be frozen in here forever."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Chai Kotsume

Re: [D9 LM] Into the Woods

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:10 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 am
From the thin tree cover along the river's edge, Kogi shades her eyes against the winter sun and squints across the water. Even out in the wild, a swath of fabric still hides her face, sensibly tucked in to the neckline of her quilted jacket.

"It really is warmer today," she says with audible relief to her companion. "A few times, I almost thought we'd be frozen in here forever."
The Ki-rin girl gives a soft laugh at the comment. "Well... these days a week from now really gave that impression, didn't they? But otherwise... it actually wasn't all that bad out here, after you got used to it! And..." she she gestured around with a smile. "It is a beautiful winter landscape, isn't it? And a rich animal life, too! Speaking of which... have you done something like this before, Bayushi-sama?"

A few more steps with Kogi and she turns to her again, with a slightly more serious voice although there's still a smile on her face. "Also... while we're doing this, I... there are some other things I'd like to talk about, if you wouldn't mind, Bayushi-sama"
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:03 am

"It's been a while since I spent much time in the wilds. My duty keeps me in towns and strongholds more these days," Kogi admits. "I used to get out more often, gathering and hunting. And training with my lord's sensei, for a few years."

She glances sidelong. "What kind of other things?"
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:24 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:03 am
"It's been a while since I spent much time in the wilds. My duty keeps me in towns and strongholds more these days," Kogi admits. "I used to get out more often, gathering and hunting. And training with my lord's sensei, for a few years."

She glances sidelong. "What kind of other things?"
"Ah... I suppose that happens for those in more important places these days, ne?", she asks, pensively. "But yours sounds like a lovely childhood, Bayushi-sama! If I may ask, where have you grown up?"

At the glance, then, she lowers her head a bit. "Ah... well, I wish I'd had the chance to ask before, but... I was wondering. Togashi Satuki-sama mentioned the Scorpion lands border a part of the Great Western River, downstream from Ki-rin and Lion lands? Or... well..." she shakes her head, then smiles and looks more directly at Kogi. "I guess what I mean is... has the Scorpion had trouble with assaults near your rivers as well? And... do you think your clan might be interested in joining efforts for increased protection and use of our waterways? That, and... Shinjo-no-kami-sama has been hoping for greater proximity with her siblings, and I've been thinking this could be a chance for that..."
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.