Day 7 EA: Princesses and Witches (expecting)

Wu Zhe

Re: Day 7 EA: Princesses and Witches (expecting)

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:05 am

Wu nods ''More then champions of the people we see ourselves of the people...To this day we resist the class stratification'' he pauses and nods ''I share your concern...an Empire is nothing without it's people. Ultimately we are servants of the common folk.''

''You mentioned something about the old...Daikawa?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:25 am

"Yes, my people. The Daikawa are the people of the Great Western River, from before the empire made that a divider between clans. And I'm a river guardian, which the clans would say is like a samurai of my people, but I'm a river guardian because those are the skills my father taught me and I'm best at, not because I should live a better life than the rest of my people."

She smiles at the Dragon again. "I have said a few times that the clan people like to have a lot of rules, and then they feel pride when they solve the problems created by those rules. And certainly we need some rules -- as a soldier, I know we need rules to organize for battle, to better assure victory -- but I think it will benefit the empire, all the people, if we can push back on too many rules. Especially rules that we know will lead to more rules..."

Kawauso stops again, turning herself back from the river toward Zhe.

"I am sorry, Wu-sama. I didn't realize how much I needed to speak to the river after these last few days." She bows her head in apology.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm

The dragon chuckled

''Once again I see no need for you to apologise. I spoke about my people plenty...why would it be problematic for you to talk about yours? Especially after I asked''

He paused

''But I think similarly on the rules...living together will require a degree of structure to favor peace and prosperity for all but some rules are made to favor only those who make them. I am surprised to hear that echoed from one of the Lion clan for that is not what your leaders project.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:24 pm

Kawauso frowns, although she doesn't look surprised.

"Perhaps I am not a very good Lion," she admits. "My father swore to serve Lord Akodo when I was 10 years old. It... was a challenge, in our village and tribe. And things are better because of the kami, but many things were fine or even great before the kami." She sighs. "I came here to represent my father on a matter for our people, who mostly now are Lion. But I'm not the voice of Lord Akodo. To the extent he would listen to me, I would tell him the same thing I'm telling you."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:38 pm

Zhe stared at the woman for a second and made a funny grimace

''Wow...your really don't have much confidence in yourself have you?'' he tilts his head ''I really don't know why...from what you have told me thus far you seem to have a noble and valiant spirit.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:58 pm

Kawauso laughs a little. "Wu-sama is most kind in his appraisal, but I am... so-so in getting my father to see things my way. I would not presume to think a kami any easier to sway than he is."

She gives the Dragon a warm smile. "I hope Wu-sama doesn't struggle to recognize his own kind and valiant spirit."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:55 am

He smiles

''I try my best to do the right thing. In the end I am just an armed dairy farmer but I believe in hard and honest work. If I can make an impact, you can too. I am certain of it.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:04 am

Kawauso's smile widens a bit. "Well, this armed fisherwoman, who believes in the same things, has confidence in you. So, how do you plan to go from, ah, dairy farming to ready for the empire's future?" She pauses. "I'm sorry, please don't answer if that's too personal of a question. I am no one you need to share thoughts with," she smiles and chuckles a little at her invasiveness.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:17 pm

''Again with the apology?'' he laughed ''It is fairly simple: the tribes who lived in the mountain prior to the fall of the Kami and the ones who joined us after all have different ways to do things. Some things may change in time, some won't but the easiest way to unite people is through food and food production.'' he says confidently

''They all possess insights into crop farming, cattle ranching and so on. I aim to make a synthesis of their way to provide a better and more varied production of food. The more varied the alimentation, the healthier and stronger the people will get. The more surpluses they have the more they will be able to educate themselves and take their lives in their own hands.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Kawauso listens with rapt attention, the Dragon's plan striking near her heart.

"That is... so true. And wise. I... I have thought similar things, in terms of the highest priorities being food security and shelter... I am not so educated about it all as you clearly are, but... It's very nice to hear that others have the same priorities," she says, giving a little laugh in pleasant surprise and relief that she's not crazy to think as she does.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:45 pm

''Only the fool study the clouds while ignoring where his next step is will land'' he quotes with a nod ''Folksy wisdom is pretty solid wisdom''

He laughed too

''I also am glad to find another to think so. Many became used to lives of privilege very quickly...it is the duty of people like us, I think, to pick up the slack and make sure the people are cared for.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:49 am

"Well, and as we do, to also remind others that no warrior is strong if the farmer can't feed him. My 'luxury' as a warrior is made possible by those who are especially skilled in the many things I need not learn because they will support me. They can do that because I protect them, and I can protect them because they do so." Kawauso makes a face, like she's not sure she got the words in the right order there, but she's pretty sure Zhe got the spirit at least.

As she's looking for his reaction, her eyes probably linger too long on his face, and after a moment she glances down to avoid a blush. She tries to pretend she's looking to see what Shu is up to.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:47 pm

''Like beams supporting the roof of a house we need to support each other for the Empire to prosper'' he replies with a nod before asking a question

''Any plans for when you return home?''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:26 pm

She gives a light chuckle. "I, ah, have been thinking too much about things here to look that far ahead. But I know I'll have to report to my father about the river authority issue. The Emperor seemed favorable to joint operations between Lion and Ki-rin, and although that isn't my father's first choice, he should see it as progress." There's a little shift in tone as she mentions what her father should think.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:40 pm

''Its sounds like a good thing if the Emperor approves. I wish you good success with this'' he replied with a nod before catching the shift ''Do you think your father won't approve?''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Kawauso frowns.

"The voice of the emperor is the voice of Lord Akodo, so of course he will accept it. My father is nothing if not a dedicated servant of Lord Akodo. But I expect he will be... disappointed that I did not get him closer to what he wants. Reporting back to him will be... uh, perhaps arduous is the right word."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:54 pm

''What does he wants...and what do you want?'' he ponders

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:55 pm

Kawauso looks at the Dragon thoughtfully. "My father is a loyal if straightforward follower of Lord Akodo. No problem that can't be solved through force or the threat of force. He simply wants leave to pursue raiders wherever they may flee, which... Was unlikely to be approved by the emperor," she says plainly.

"I... want badly to do my duty. As, um, complicated as it is beginning to seem to do that."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:03 am

The dragon was thoughtful for a moment

''What is the duty you hold yourself to and your fathers expectations are two different things. You are a unique individual and as such your can provide things only you can''