Day 7 EA: Princesses and Witches (expecting)

Wu Zhe

Day 7 EA: Princesses and Witches (expecting)

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Man is this winter court thing a drag...so much politicking

Is had been a while since the young dragon had the chance to practice his spear form but this seemed like a nice time to do so. The other dragons were at court so he could skip this one for sure.

And training in the snow was great exercise.

He began stretching while Shu was busy digging in the snow for hidden pine cones and other such snacks
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Akodo Kawauso

Re: Day 7 EA: Princesses and Witches (expecting)

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm

A certain tall Lion samurai-ko, carrying her spear more as a walking stick -- or a meditative focus item -- happens to one of her favorite spaces along the river, and finds human and red panda already there.

"Good afternoon, Dragon-san," she says kindly, remembering tio pay more attention to the human than the creature she'd met in last night's play. A bit of wind tugs at her woolen cloak, unexpectedly making for a rather dramatic arrival in the young man's presence.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:24 pm

The first to spot the lioness was the former princess coming out of the snow with an acorn and promptly informed it's friend of the new arrival.

Zhe turned in time to see the cloak bellowing in the cold wind. That was a dramatic entrance indeed.

''Akodo-san, good afternoon.'' he planted his spear in the snow then gave a proper bow then smiled ''You gave quite the unexpected performance last night''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Some of the dramatic quality disappears as Kawauso brushes a hair behind her ear and chuckles, "Thank you, ah, Wu-sama, was it? And, I assure you, all the credit goes to our famed princess. Her example, ah, inspired me," the tall Lion says with a wide smile.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:38 pm

Wu grins wide

''Yeah, the bugger does that. He enjoys the attention''

There was a squeak of protest

''Nevertheless it was bold to jump on stage like that, you deserve ample credit.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:44 pm

"Mmm, well, thank you, Wu-sama. Boldness is, ah, coming to be associated with me here, I'm afraid..." The Lion smiles at her joke, though she's clearly embarrassed.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:48 am

The dragon seems oblivious to any joke or insinuation for some reason but he does catch the embarrassment

''Is something wrong Akodo-san?'' he asked with some concern

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:36 am

"No, Wu-sama, no," she says with a small chuckle. "I have been learning a great deal here in recent days. Sometimes I have learned too late that the proper way of doing things is not the same as I learned growing up by the river."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:11 pm

''You too?'' the explanation seemed just too real ''I admit I am not quite at ease in this new type of situation. Things moves differently in the mountains of the Wu as well.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:17 pm

The Lion chuckles. "Yes, there are so many rules and expectations... I have never heard so much about trade and marriages in such a short period of time," she laughs and rolls her eyes a little. "But, I think I must be the strange one, as most others seem to agree how things are supposed to be."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:25 pm

''I am fairly sure you are not the strange one or else I am fairly strange myself.'' he sighed ''Back home things moved at the speed of seasons. This winter escapade seems to move at the speed of ambitions.''

He shrugs

''I just guess there is a lot of fairly ambitious people buzzing around the Emperor for every scraps of attention. At least what we where tasked to do for Lord Togashi will likely be done and that is likely the extent of my political involment...I can't wait to go back home.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:12 pm

The Dragon's sentiments resonate strongly with Kawauso, and she smiles wide.

"I think Wu-sama has just the words, the speed of ambition," she says with a nod. Then her look softens slightly. "Still, there are a few kind souls I'm very glad to have met here. Others who make me not feel so crazy for living at the pace of my ancestors," she smiles again.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:08 am

''There is a balance in everything I guess.'' he says with a chuckle ''There were interesting people indeed. In the end I do not regret coming...but we will have to prepare.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:38 am

Kawauso's eyes show the curiosity of a playful otter.

"Prepare? Oh, have the Dragon made some sort of breakthrough on something? I could see something big coming from Togashi-sama or Saru-san," she says, feeling genuinely unaware of anything particularly significant.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:59 pm

''Well...hum'' It seems it was not what he had meant ''I mean prepare the Wu and the Dragon for future events such as these...while I do not like them particularly I think we might see them again.''

He sighed

''And we can't afford not being able to hold our own.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:14 pm

"Ahh," Kawauso says, nodding. "Yes, such energy for, ah, friendly competition... It won't end here." She makes a face. "Some of it should, but proud samurai from every clan..." She sighs. "There will be much to prepare for, you're right. But I didn't think the Dragon unprepared here..." She thinks back, trying to recall if the Dragon had disappointed in the events she had seen.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:33 pm

''We were prepared for something and managed to do that but I found myself lacking on many fronts'' he looks down and fiddles with his spear ''This is a whole new type of terrain and I don't think my people have the tools to navigate it...yet.''

He went silent for a second

''The Wu do things...differently then most people. We aim to keep things that way.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:10 pm

Intrigued, Kawauso moves to sit on a rock -- one that looks rather less impressive with the tall woman's long legs draped over it. She nods at the comment about terrain, recalling she's used the exact same language.

"I have felt exactly that way, Wu-sama. The ways of the empire are... strange and distant from what my people are used to. I am not sure that we can resist them entirely, but perhaps find new ways that preserve traditions and accommodate the ways of the empire? A rock standing against the river may look noble for a time, but it is destined to fail eventually. But many rocks, together, can change the direction of the river."

The Lion realizes she'd been rambling, looking over toward the river as she spoke. "Ah, my apologies, Wu-sama. Philosophy of a simple river girl, I guess. Um." She shakes her head and then smiles at the Dragon. "What sort of ways will the Wu try to preserve?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Wu smiled back ''No need to apologize. I happen to think that great wisdom is often simple...great folly is usually the complex one.''

The dragon wiped the snow off a fallen tree trunk so he could sit himself...considerably lower then the lioness

''What will we preserve?'' he thought for a moment, gaze wandering to the river ''All that we can'' came as the reply before he felt the need to explain.

''The Wu situation is unusual amongst most of the other clan families: Our founder had no real tribe of his own to use as a foundation...instead the first Wu would come from his warrior band. These men and women were strong and noble warriors but were fairly few in numbers...They also came from all over what is now the Empire and had various background and skills before taking of the warrior life.''

''Band of Wu then traveled the dragon lands and acted as advocates for the nascent clan, aiding the villagers to prove themselves worthy of the people's support and over the years many mountain villages and valley dwellers joined the Wu as a result. Afterwards came the exiles and refugees from the south...people that had either fled or were forced out of their homes and ultimately expulsed to beyond the northern wall. The Wu offered those who passed by their lands a second chance, peace and solace within their borders...many accepted.''

He took a deep breath

''So you see, our family is composed of wildly different people but we respect our differences. We have growing pains but I believe we are richer for it.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:50 pm

Kawauso nods respectfully as she listens, taking in the history. "Perhaps some of the old Daikawa," she murmurs at one point, though she doesn't form it into an actual question. When Zhe is finished, she responds.

"It sounds like the Wu would be great Champions of the common people -- different as they all are, as you say. Am I right? That is a concern close to my heart, and one of the... hesitations... I have about some forces within the empire. I would say we must look to do the most good that we can for those who have the least, but I am, ah, not autre that sentiment is widely shared among the clans."