[D1, LA, open] Clouds rolling in

Akodo Kawauso

Re: [D1, LA, open] Clouds rolling in

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Kawauso sits on a rock that's really too small for the purpose to get closer to Hen.

"Hen's life, like for all our animal friends, is simpler. No clans, no wars, no weddings. But also no way to overcome problems like people can." With a piece of stick, she overturns a stone the pig had snuffled at.

"We overcome more simple problems, so we can create more complicated problems," Kawauso says with a chuckle and a shake of her head. "Clans, empires... Now we can solve and create even bigger problems." She looks at Rei with a wry grin.
Last edited by Akodo Kawauso on Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:49 pm

"It's true." she chuckled. "We find new ways to complicate things every day."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:35 pm

The Lion smiles up at the Bat as she chuckles.

"We should try not to do that," she says, only half joking. "Not everything needs improving. Or, at least doesn't need it as much." She makes a face, like the words maybe didn't come out as she'd hoped, and she watches for Rei's reaction.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 pm

"I agree entirely." she smiled. "Unfortunately, I don't think we can stop it. We'll just have to enjoy the simpler things while we can."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Kawauso makes a face, too willful to be that accepting of things she couldn't change.

"Hrm," she grumbles. "At the very least, we need to try to direct improvements where they're most needed. The kinds of things that help the most people the most often," she says, a little more animated by this topic. She rises, looking hopefully at Rei for validation.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 am

She nodded in agreement. "Do you have any suggestions in that regard?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 am

Kawauso smiles, happy to make suggestions on this topic.

"Food especially, then shelter. And then security, I think. My people have never struggled for food because of the bounty of the river, and we have strong trees along the shores to build good houses. But raiders are a problem, so we must always be ready to fight. And we have grown stronger thanks to Lord Akodo, but still there are raiding problems. It..."

She seems to hesitate about sharing too much. "I am here to raise this issue with the Imperial authorities. Well, not fighting them, exactly, but how we..." She shakes her head in annoyance. "There are rules," she says, almost like the word is a curse.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 am

She listened attentively, clearly considering the Lion's words.

"I have been considering different projects my clan might take on, something we can offer to the rest of the Empire." she explained after a few moments of thought. "We are currently self sufficient, but we are small and isolated. I hope both of those will change. Part of that will be finding our place among the other clans."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:41 am

The Lion smiles warmly as Rei talks about offering something to the empire. But her face turns conflicted at mention of fitting in among the clans.

"Yes, among the clans," she murmurs pensively. Some thought clearly occurs to her, as her tone changes greatly. "What do you know of the emperor? Do you think he will direct the clans on what to do? Or leave it to his brothers and sisters to work things out?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:10 am

"I've only seen him from a distance, but from what I've been told, he would prefer we find our own way." she answered. "I do not think he would interfere, unless a clan's actions were to bring disharmony to the Empire."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:19 am

Kawauso nods, looking thoughtful, and then turns to the river.

"My father sent me here," she says, voice a little distant, "to gain more authority over the river. To be allowed to pursue raiders wherever they might go, up or down the river." The tall woman bows her head and sighs. "I am not sure that is the best solution. But it sounds as though the emperor might see the best solution as one we agree upon with the Ki-rin Clan. And perhaps others, if we wish there to be one rule for the whole river."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 am

"The rivers are vital." she nodded. "They provide resources and transportation. They should be kept safe for everyone."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:41 am

"Thank you, Ryoshun-sama. It is nice to have the importance of one's work affirmed."

The Lion turns back from the river, glancing down to smile at Hen and then looking again at Rei.

"I fear you've provided me much more help with my responsibilities today than I have with yours, Ryoshun-sama. Is there anything a simple servant of the river people might do to aid you?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:02 am

"Continue your work." she said. "The rivers are important to us as well."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:47 am

"Of course, Ryoshun-sama," Kawauso says warmly, bowing. It's more the kind of bow a child of the kami would expect than what she's seen from the Lion so far, suggesting she's earned some respect from the river person.

--------
/scene? I feel good about this. :)

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:23 pm

/scene