Winter wildlife (D1, EA)

Chai Kotsume

Winter wildlife (D1, EA)

Post by Chai Kotsume » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:29 pm

After a quick and light meal, Kotsume was out to the fields in warm, simple clothes for protection against the winds that got chillier and chillier as the afternoon went by. Her trusty furry family in a basket covered with a blanket hanging from her back, she rode out on Ryuusui, crossing the area alongside the river while looking for signs of animals that might be around.

After a while, she sees some tracks, and soon finds a fox resting among some trees, its longer winter coat glistening in the sun that still shows in the sky.

With a smile and a pat on Uen, Saen and Chuuen who she leaves near her horse as she slowly approaches the fox, she gets a small piece of a fish she had brought along and offers it to the animal. "Hey fellow... we'll be good friends, won't we?"

OOC:
D1 EA - Winter wildlife - Animal Handling/ Awareness, Touch of Chikushudo, VP for +1k1, +4 from Tawagoto's. TN 30 as mentioned in PF, 1 Called Raise for increased confidence. Final TN 35: 10d10o10k5+4 51
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Canary
Site Admin

Re: Winter wildlife (D1, EA)

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 am

The fox eyes Katsume and her offering suspiciously. It takes a while of sniffing the air warily before approaching.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Canary wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 am
The fox eyes Katsume and her offering suspiciously. It takes a while of sniffing the air warily before approaching.
"Here you go, fox-tan", she says, placing the pieces of fish in front of her and waiting from a step behind it. "You're a pretty one, aren't you?", she adds with a smile. "I'm sure we'll be good friends"

She tries to keep one hand extended and takes a better look at the fox. Is it a male or a female? And.. are there any signs that it's protecting cubs or anything?

She of all people wouldn't want to separate a family.
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:38 am

The fox seems to be female, but a rather young one, unlikely to have kits yet. She approaches slowly, growling a little at the hand held out before grabbing a piece of fish and retreating a little ways.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Canary wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:38 am
The fox seems to be female, but a rather young one, unlikely to have kits yet. She approaches slowly, growling a little at the hand held out before grabbing a piece of fish and retreating a little ways.
Ok... seems like I won't be disturbing a family by getting you to follow me, little one, she thinks with a smile as she kneels down. She keeps her hand extended, this time closer to her, hoping to get it to approach her a bit more, and ready to try to pat and caress its head a little when it does to try to build some confidence.

"Come on, friend. Promise I'll treat you well while we're together. And I promise I won't leave you to someone who doesn't", she says while she waits. The otters in the basket a small distance behind her are probably chirping curiously and trying to look at what's happening, to which Kotsume raises her hand with a firm but gentle "Hush, fellas!".

For now, she stays focused on the fox.

OOC:
Hoping to get the Fox to go with her. One more animal to care for - at least until the Animal Training event. If you want to handwave this or call for another roll of some kind, please let me know :) Thanks!
Status

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 pm

GM: I'll handwave it, you made your roll. :)

She's soon able to get the little vixen to approach and sniff at her hesitantly.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:02 pm

Canary wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 pm
GM: I'll handwave it, you made your roll. :)

She's soon able to get the little vixen to approach and sniff at her hesitantly.
The girl spends some more time getting better acquainted with the young vixen. Some more pieces of fish, a visit to the riverside for some water, and getting it accustomed enough to her and simple commands like 'here', 'come' and 'sit' (the last one takes a good while and a good chunk of fish!) and Kotsume goes back to the palace gardens with a new friend in tow.

(Thanks for the scene! :) )
Status