Can paper scorpions fish? (D9, EA)

Chai Kotsume

Can paper scorpions fish? (D9, EA)

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:20 am

It was now a week since Kotsume promised Sasori that fishing trip after the Ice Fishing Challenge, and so much had happened that they hadn't found a time for it yet. But a promise was a promise - and besides, Kotsume had been hoping to talk to the Scorpion girl about some things. How awesome it was that she had taught Chuuen those tricks with paper, for one! And then... the whole thing with the bear... spirit, apparently.

She had many things on her mind as they made their way to a wider part of the river, the basket on her back empty and a net on her shoulder. The three otters were all skittering happily around them. Uen ahead of them, Saen following them from a short distance as he shifted from sniffing some greens to the side to short dives in the water. And Chuuen right besides Sasori's feet, seeming very happy to have some time with her again.

"So... Bayushi-san, I've heard some things, but I was hoping to ask you directly, if you wouldn't mind? About the bear?"
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Bayushi Sasori

Re: Can paper scorpions fish? (D9, EA)

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:22 am

Sasori was smiling at this trip. "Hai... well... Akodo sama may have told you some things. I did connect with the mother bear to a very... spiritual way."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:17 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:22 am
Sasori was smiling at this trip. "Hai... well... Akodo sama may have told you some things. I did connect with the mother bear to a very... spiritual way."
"A... Spiritual way? From what I've heard... the bear itself was a spirit, right? But then..." she looks at Sasori, a bit confused. "I didn't know you were a shu..gan. eh... a shaman of sorts, Bayushi-san!"
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:37 am

"Me a shaman... no... I am connected to The realm of animals in a special way." Sasori giggled. "My title in the Scorpion is quite literal Chai sama. I think I am a cat spirit but I don't know much about it."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:09 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:37 am
"Me a shaman... no... I am connected to The realm of animals in a special way." Sasori giggled. "My title in the Scorpion is quite literal Chai sama. I think I am a cat spirit but I don't know much about it."
Hearing Sasori's answer, the Ki-rin's smile widens even more. "Oh... a connection to animal spirits then?" She grins. "I... had some suspicions, I must say! But that's quite something... isn't it?" She seems to wink at her, and for a short moment it almost looks as if there are otter whiskers on her face. "But then... you manage to reach out to the Bear, then? Or... to its spirit?"

Getting to a part of the river Kotsume seems to know quite well by now, she gestures to a rock where they might lean while they get the net - and the otters! - ready to start their fishing adventure.
Status

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:47 pm

"It was odd..." She shrugged "My cat self could reach into the spirit where my human self could not." She smiled at the otter girl when they reached the water. "So what kind of fishing are we doing today."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:43 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:47 pm
"It was odd..." She shrugged "My cat self could reach into the spirit where my human self could not." She smiled at the otter girl when they reached the water. "So what kind of fishing are we doing today."
"Ah... so the bear was a spirit after all! A... stray spirit, I'm guessing? Again, I've... heard some things, but if you know more about it and can share...."

"Anyway!", she says, starting to open and untangle the fishing net she had brought on her shoulder. "You've done quite well working with Uen and Saen here last time, so I figure we should try that again? Using them to round up the fish and then the net to catch them? Maybe I can give you some pointers while we're at it!"

She then looks at the cub. "And... maybe you can show me how you convinced little Chuuen to fold paper later! I've been trying to get him to do it but with limited success so far..." She scratches her head. "Although... I suppose it must be harder if I don't know all that much about Origami myself, ne?..."
Status

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:13 am

"Hai... just watching over her cubs until they were old enough to cross. She had to fend from hunters and people that seemed that wanted to harm her or her cubs." Sasori sighed. "I don't like poachers." She looked at the otters and giggled. "She showed me many things... That is why I feel I have to... protect them somehow. I... I... I feel the realm calling so... you know." Sasori watched the net. "So Kara ne... Chuen kun is a bit shy so it might not work in your favor... nya."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:13 am
"Hai... just watching over her cubs until they were old enough to cross. She had to fend from hunters and people that seemed that wanted to harm her or her cubs." Sasori sighed. "I don't like poachers." She looked at the otters and giggled. "She showed me many things... That is why I feel I have to... protect them somehow. I... I... I feel the realm calling so... you know." Sasori watched the net. "So Kara ne... Chuen kun is a bit shy so it might not work in your favor... nya."
She shakes her head, suddenly seriously. "I understand... so she's trapped until the cubs can cross, then. I... don't think those who went to visit here were necessarily poachers, but it's good that the area's been closed off then. But..." she looks at Sasori. "I... understand what you mean by that calling. And... I wonder why it ended up here..."

She then cheers up and gets the net ready to throw. "But well.... let's get to it!" She gestures to Uen, Saen and Chuuen to get closer to Sasori. "You coordinate with them! Let's see if Chuu-tan is less shy today, eh?"
Status

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:04 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:16 pm

She shakes her head, suddenly seriously. "I understand... so she's trapped until the cubs can cross, then. I... don't think those who went to visit here were necessarily poachers, but it's good that the area's been closed off then. But..." she looks at Sasori. "I... understand what you mean by that calling. And... I wonder why it ended up here..."

She then cheers up and gets the net ready to throw. "But well.... let's get to it!" She gestures to Uen, Saen and Chuuen to get closer to Sasori. "You coordinate with them! Let's see if Chuu-tan is less shy today, eh?"
Sasori blinked a few times and shook her head. "Ah... hai" Sasori looked at the otters and smiled. "Come on mina san let's find ourselves some fish." She looked into the water and nodded as some fish seem to be around. "Uen, Saen, Chuuen.... there..."She pointed where the fish are. "Go..."