Playing the ponies (Horse race observation thread) [D7 LM]

Akodo Kawauso

Re: Playing the ponies (Horse race observation thread) [D7 LM]

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:41 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:27 am

Sasori chuckled lightly. "Ah... Yes Yoshitsune sama seems to be very nice. I meet her the day of the wedding. She wanted to feed a fox." Sasori smiled her warm friendly voice started once again
"I told her we should get a fishing instructor so we could gather fish for the foxes and her your sister seems to fit."
Kawauso smirks a little as the warmer voice can be heard, feeling a twinge of pride that she's helping.

"My sister is definitely the animal expert. Well, more than me, anyway." She pauses as she thinks back to the animal training competition. "I thought I was at least ok at it, until I saw so many great trainers yesterday!" She chuckles, still smarting a little about how the event had gone, but trying to keep perspective.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:11 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:55 am

"I've been doing well," she replied, returning his smile. "Keeping busy! There was that footrace yesterday, and then two plays last night. From the stories I had thought court would be nothing but standing around gossiping behind fans, but truly, there's been so much to do. I think I like it."

"How are things going with you?"
"Glad to hear Yoshitsune-san." His smile widened at her own counter-smile. "Hai, it seems we are all quite busy lately. This court has certainly turned out different than expected." he let out a small laugh. "Oh? You mean to say you were too busy to gossip behind your fan?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:41 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:

Sasori chuckled lightly. "Ah... Yes Yoshitsune sama seems to be very nice. I meet her the day of the wedding. She wanted to feed a fox." Sasori smiled her warm friendly voice started once again
"I told her we should get a fishing instructor so we could gather fish for the foxes and her your sister seems to fit."
Kawauso smirks a little as the warmer voice can be heard, feeling a twinge of pride that she's helping.

"My sister is definitely the animal expert. Well, more than me, anyway." She pauses as she thinks back to the animal training competition. "I thought I was at least ok at it, until I saw so many great trainers yesterday!" She chuckles, still smarting a little about how the event had gone, but trying to keep perspective.
Sasori deflated. "I am not that great." As she was reminded of the camera shy Chuuen. It was hurtful for the animal spirit not be able to connect with other animals. She took her fan to cover her sad face. "Gomen..."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:25 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 am

Sasori deflated. "I am not that great." As she was reminded of the camera shy Chuuen. It was hurtful for the animal spirit not be able to connect with other animals. She took her fan to cover her sad face. "Gomen..."
"Eem, no, none of that now." A squeeze around Sasori's shoulders. "Not that long ago, you were cheering me up. When I thought that nothing around here makes sense? Which I still kind of think. But, I know that you taught a baby otter origami, which is really great. I don't know what kind of magic some other people--" She pauses, realizing that there could be at least several spirit people in the castle. "Hm."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:40 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:11 am
"Glad to hear Yoshitsune-san." His smile widened at her own counter-smile. "Hai, it seems we are all quite busy lately. This court has certainly turned out different than expected." he let out a small laugh. "Oh? You mean to say you were too busy to gossip behind your fan?"
"Yes, I am shamefully behind on my gossiping behind fans," Chizu admitted with a small smile. "Perhaps, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, you could help me catch up a little."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:40 pm

"Yes, I am shamefully behind on my gossiping behind fans," Chizu admitted with a small smile. "Perhaps, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, you could help me catch up a little."
"Well, Hime-chan may have used the same fan, twice in a row." He winked at her. "More seriously, I do gather from the rumors that there is something about a missing fan going around? But I am not sure of the details."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:41 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:

Having spent much of her time skittering from one part of the gathering to another while she made sure there the food and drinks offered were enough for everyone - and, as the competitors returned, that no-one had been hurt during the race - it took Kotsume some time to actually start mingling with those gathered. Seeing Kawauso return with Ryuusui, she had a proud smile on her face, and seeing her speaking happily to Sasori about the training event from the day before made her even more cheeful - although, for now, she left them to themselves. Both because they seemed to be having a good moment by themselves, and...
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 am
"What a delightful experience, Chai-san. Thank you for this ride. I hope Lady Sun has brought her warmth today." Kinsen says, bowing to Kotsume.
Kotsume turned to Kinsen and bowed low, still smiling. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, Hantei-sama! The sun has been kind enough today, ne?" She looks at the clouds gathering. "We might not have been so lucky if I had left this for tomorrow!"

Raising slowly, she nods to the woman again - and her eyes linger on Kinsen's hair for a moment, as if thinking about something. "You did quite well too, Hantei-sama! I trust... this is not the first time you did this?"
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:25 pm
"Eem, no, none of that now." A squeeze around Sasori's shoulders. "Not that long ago, you were cheering me up. When I thought that nothing around here makes sense? Which I still kind of think. But, I know that you taught a baby otter origami, which is really great. I don't know what kind of magic some other people--" She pauses, realizing that there could be at least several spirit people in the castle. "Hm."
She smiled deflated. "Hai...I am not really a shugenja. I guess Chueen kun will have a nice pastime." She giggled. "Any ways... I hope you are enjoying yourself."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:50 pm
Kotsume turned to Kinsen and bowed low, still smiling. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, Hantei-sama! The sun has been kind enough today, ne?" She looks at the clouds gathering. "We might not have been so lucky if I had left this for tomorrow!"

Raising slowly, she nods to the woman again - and her eyes linger on Kinsen's hair for a moment, as if thinking about something. "You did quite well too, Hantei-sama! I trust... this is not the first time you did this?"
Kinsen shrugs, "Riding a... horse... The very first time. I lived up in the mountains when I was young. When I moved to live with the Noriaki, I mostly took care of the beasts and hounds. Horses were not common."

Lookins at Kotsume and finding familiar traces there, she smiles again, with squinted eyes, "Thank you for the compliment. I enjoy it."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm
"Well, Hime-chan may have used the same fan, twice in a row." He winked at her. "More seriously, I do gather from the rumors that there is something about a missing fan going around? But I am not sure of the details."
"I heard something about that," Chizu said conspiratorially. "Supposedly some young gentleman took Lady Anazihime's fan? Rather shocking if true!"

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:25 pm

"I heard something about that," Chizu said conspiratorially. "Supposedly some young gentleman took Lady Anazihime's fan? Rather shocking if true!"
"Certainly." He glanced at her. "I hope your fan has been safe and sound, at least?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 pm

She smiled deflated. "Hai...I am not really a shugenja. I guess Chueen kun will have a nice pastime." She giggled. "Any ways... I hope you are enjoying yourself."
The big Lion takes a deep breath. "I am finding ways to do so. And Ryu-kun helped--that enthusiastic pony. We will have to visit him and Chuuen in the summer, or whenever you can visit the river," she says, planning a future that she's not entirely sure about but will take if she can get it. "You've... Well, I suppose a lot could happen, but I want us to stay as close as we can."

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:44 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:42 pm
"Certainly." He glanced at her. "I hope your fan has been safe and sound, at least?"
The tall Crab slowly drew her fan from one sleeve, and snapped it open with a sharp movement. The fan was of heavy dark blue paper, painted with pale pink cherry blossoms. With a slight movement of her wrist, the fan fluttered slightly, much like a bird displaying its wings.

"As you can see, my fan is still quite safe," Chizu said with a smile. "But thank you for asking; a girl can't be too careful with her reputation. It's all too easy to go from gossiping, to being the one gossiped about."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:19 pm

"Good, good. I would not wish to inconvenience you by helping you finding the culprit and making sure they regret taking it." His smile widened a bit. "Not that you need help, but I would feel obliged. And it would be good entertainment, I am sure."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:28 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 pm

The big Lion takes a deep breath. "I am finding ways to do so. And Ryu-kun helped--that enthusiastic pony. We will have to visit him and Chuuen in the summer, or whenever you can visit the river," she says, planning a future that she's not entirely sure about but will take if she can get it. "You've... Well, I suppose a lot could happen, but I want us to stay as close as we can."
Sasori brought up her fan and whispered in her ear. "Me too." Still hiding behind her fan continued to whisper. "Lines are meant to be crossed. I would like to lick your face again." She closed her fan."Nya who knows what the river may bring."

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:19 pm
"Good, good. I would not wish to inconvenience you by helping you finding the culprit and making sure they regret taking it." His smile widened a bit. "Not that you need help, but I would feel obliged. And it would be good entertainment, I am sure."
"That's kind of you, Hantei-sama," Chizu said with a smile. "But hopefully I can avoid such scandal. I understand there's already been a challenge issued over this matter already, using this new sword-fighting style. I heard you have some skill at this new style, is that true?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:39 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 pm

Sasori brought up her fan and whispered in her ear. "Me too." Still hiding behind her fan continued to whisper. "Lines are meant to be crossed. I would like to lick your face again." She closed her fan."Nya who knows what the river may bring."
That remark catches Kawauso by surprise, although not quite enough to generate a blush. The Lion does glance to nearby spectators, but the Scorpion's fan remains effective. Kawauso chuckles, saying in almost a whisper, "Well, when you teach me that fan trick, we can pick up where we left off." She gives the Scorpion a brief but intense look in the eyes, and lets her hand drop to Sasori's waist before giving another small hug. "We'll have much to do," she says at a normal volume, smiling warmly.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:33 am

Sasori giggled. "Fishing nya!" As she looked at Genji then back to Kawauso. "Father said that fishing needs a lot of patience. Nya... Have you decided on your fish?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:31 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:33 am
Sasori giggled. "Fishing nya!" As she looked at Genji then back to Kawauso. "Father said that fishing needs a lot of patience. Nya... Have you decided on your fish?"
"It, um..." Kawauso likewise looks toward the Stag prince, and her eyes linger before dropping to the ground. "I, ah, have," she says, not sounding happy about it. After a beat, the reason for the dour voice is clear. "I am not sure that it could work. I mean... What... what kind of river guardian would I be if I..." her eyes flicker toward Genji, then back to the ground. "You know? It's... It probably wouldn't work."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:40 am

Sasori pouted. "Baka... Akodo sama... Bokuwa Baka desu." She hit the woman playfully with her fan. "You casted a wide net. Are you regretting it now? Nya"