Playing the ponies (Horse race observation thread) [D7 LM]

Chai Kotsume

Playing the ponies (Horse race observation thread) [D7 LM]

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Kotsume is slightly jittery the whole time at not participating herself in the races, but she's very excited to see how the others will do, and mingles with others who may have gathered around to watch the race, talk about horses, or animals in general, or just generally have a fun time.

With the help of some other Ki-rin dignitaries who are in the Imperial palace or nearby, she'll have organised a table with grilled fish and some other fish-related dishes, as well as bread, cheese and rice wine.

With Kotsume wandering wildly among the audience and others gathered around, the three otters skitter around freely themselves, getting tids and bits of fish here and there and poking curiously at some of the people around...

OOC: Observation thread for the horse race!
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Jiyo Sora

Re: Playing the ponies (Horse race observation thread) [D7 LM]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:25 pm

"Why are we here again, Phi?"
"Because Soryu's only seven, and shouldn't be here unattended?"
"... Fair."

Soryu, for his part, was enraptured by the event. He'd mostly come because he heard the pretty lady with the otters was involved, but...

Horses were cool.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Sasori sits in the stands watching the race.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Genji was there after his schrodinger's race.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:40 pm

After completing the race rather faster than she expected thanks to Ryu-kun's enthusiasm, Kawauso left the pony to be fed and watered and headed to the spectator area.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:21 pm
The tall Lion waved and smiled, much more comfortable seeing him here than in the meeting with his cousins. But Kawauso was headed to speak with someone else first.
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Sasori sits in the stands watching the race.
"Sasori-san," the Lion says warmly, trying to balance public formal with personal informal. She sits close to her friend, giving a little huff of exhaustion from the race but smiling happily. "I'm so glad to see you. I have heard some rumor of a wave of nightmares last night. I hope you had peaceful sleep?"
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:50 pm

Akodo Kawasu wrote: snip
"Akodo sama..." She gave a seated bow. "I slept well. I hope Inari has blessed you this morning." Her voice a bit cold yet friendly to the Akodo girl.
Last edited by Bayushi Sasori on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:01 pm

Chizu dismounted after her race. She was warmly dressed and her cheeks were bright with exhilaration after the wild ride. "Good morning, minna-san," she offered to the others.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:21 pm
The tall woman smiled and bowed to Genji in greeting. "How was your ride, Hantei-sama?"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:04 pm

Genji waved back at the friendly Lioness, a smile passing his own.

"Ah, Yoshitsune-san, greetings." He gave a bow to her. "It was..nice? Not my strongest skill set, but I managed fine, I feel."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:04 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:50 pm

"Akodo sama..." She gave a seated bow. "I slept well. I hope Inari has blessed you this morning." Her voice a bit cold yet friendly to the Akodo girl.
Kawauso looks at the Scorpion skeptically, used to a more chipper response from her friend. She slides over to sit a little closer and speak in a more private tone.

"I'm glad you slept well, and Inari-no-kami blesses me well. But still, my friend doesn't seem... quite herself... this morning. Has there been... something else to trouble you?" The tone shows concern, but on the lighter and more curious side, rather than outright worry.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:04 pm
Kawauso looks at the Scorpion skeptically, used to a more chipper response from her friend. She slides over to sit a little closer and speak in a more private tone.

"I'm glad you slept well, and Inari-no-kami blesses me well. But still, my friend doesn't seem... quite herself... this morning. Has there been... something else to trouble you?" The tone shows concern, but on the lighter and more curious side, rather than outright worry.
Sasori shook her head. "I am still a bit sore from the play." She took her fan out. "I am sorry to have asked you to improvise like that..." She lowered her head in shame. "I felt abandoned and thank you for being a friend."

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:04 pm
"Ah, Yoshitsune-san, greetings." He gave a bow to her. "It was..nice? Not my strongest skill set, but I managed fine, I feel."
“I feel much the same way,” Chizu replied with a rueful smile. “I’m not that practiced at riding, so I let the horse do most of the work. I focused on grabbing flags and trying not to fall off.”

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Sasori shook her head. "I am still a bit sore from the play." She took her fan out. "I am sorry to have asked you to improvise like that..." She lowered her head in shame. "I felt abandoned and thank you for being a friend."
Kawauso, looking relieved, quite improperly wraps her arms around Sasori's shoulders and hugs her. "I am happy to be a friend," she says, a but loudly for being right next to Sasori's ear, but still a low enough voice not to carry to others. "And I appreciate the apology, since you did scare me almost to death," she laughs happily. "I, um, don't really understand... the, ah, cat... thing..." she admits, leaving one arm around Sasori as she raises her other hand to gesture, as though a vague wave helps to explain her ignorance. "But you look like yourself today, so that's good, right?"

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:55 pm

“I feel much the same way,” Chizu replied with a rueful smile. “I’m not that practiced at riding, so I let the horse do most of the work. I focused on grabbing flags and trying not to fall off.”
"Trying not to fall off, sound advice from many a sensei, I am sure." He flashed her a smile. "How have you been since we last spoke?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Kawauso, looking relieved, quite improperly wraps her arms around Sasori's shoulders and hugs her. "I am happy to be a friend," she says, a but loudly for being right next to Sasori's ear, but still a low enough voice not to carry to others. "And I appreciate the apology, since you did scare me almost to death," she laughs happily. "I, um, don't really understand... the, ah, cat... thing..." she admits, leaving one arm around Sasori as she raises her other hand to gesture, as though a vague wave helps to explain her ignorance. "But you look like yourself today, so that's good, right?"
"Nya?" Sasori was surprised by the hug. It wasn't returned. Why none believe my cat story? "It is temporary... Unless you want me to stay as a cat." She frowned. "I sometimes prefer that. Just hide and no one knows you are there."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:22 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 pm

"Nya?" Sasori was surprised by the hug. It wasn't returned. Why none believe my cat story? "It is temporary... Unless you want me to stay as a cat." She frowned. "I sometimes prefer that. Just hide and no one knows you are there."
"Hmmm," Kawauso responds, pensive. She seems to hesitate about what to do with her hands, ultimately leaving one arm around Sasori while her other hand settles in her lap. "There is some advantage to that, yes... But I do enjoy your human form," she says softly."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:06 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:22 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 pm

"Hmmm," Kawauso responds, pensive. She seems to hesitate about what to do with her hands, ultimately leaving one arm around Sasori while her other hand settles in her lap. "There is some advantage to that, yes... But I do enjoy your human form," she says softly."
"I am glad." She nodded "Seems like you have quite the competition here."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:06 pm

"That's fine," Kawauso says of the competition. "I'm no horse rider. I only did so well because sweet Ryu-kun had something to prove after yesterday's event," she says honestly. "Although Crab-san seems to be a, ah, regular rival at this point..." Kawauso sounds a bit annoyed, but shakes it off.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 am

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:17 pm
Kotsume is slightly jittery the whole time at not participating herself in the races, but she's very excited to see how the others will do, and mingles with others who may have gathered around to watch the race, talk about horses, or animals in general, or just generally have a fun time.

With the help of some other Ki-rin dignitaries who are in the Imperial palace or nearby, she'll have organised a table with grilled fish and some other fish-related dishes, as well as bread, cheese and rice wine.

With Kotsume wandering wildly among the audience and others gathered around, the three otters skitter around freely themselves, getting tids and bits of fish here and there and poking curiously at some of the people around...

OOC: Observation thread for the horse race!
"What a delightful experience, Chai-san. Thank you for this ride. I hope Lady Sun has brought her warmth today." Kinsen says, bowing to Kotsume.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:27 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:31 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:06 pm

"That's fine," Kawauso says of the competition. "I'm no horse rider. I only did so well because sweet Ryu-kun had something to prove after yesterday's event," she says honestly. "Although Crab-san seems to be a, ah, regular rival at this point..." Kawauso sounds a bit annoyed, but shakes it off.
Sasori chuckled lightly. "Ah... Yes Yoshitsune sama seems to be very nice. I meet her the day of the wedding. She wanted to feed a fox." Sasori smiled her warm friendly voice started once again
"I told her we should get a fishing instructor so we could gather fish for the foxes and her your sister seems to fit."

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:55 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:08 pm
"Trying not to fall off, sound advice from many a sensei, I am sure." He flashed her a smile. "How have you been since we last spoke?"
"I've been doing well," she replied, returning his smile. "Keeping busy! There was that footrace yesterday, and then two plays last night. From the stories I had thought court would be nothing but standing around gossiping behind fans, but truly, there's been so much to do. I think I like it."

"How are things going with you?"