[D6, LM] Curiosity of the otter

Akodo Kawauso

Re: [D6, LM] Curiosity of the otter

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:31 pm

"There is some virtue in this idea," she says cautiously, "but the Stag are already far aheadin the hunt for trading ports. Would this mean free reign for the Stag? I am not sure that the Stag navy should be welcome in every river village of the Lion." Kawauso arches one eyebrow, her manner suggesting that she's talking about both an economic alliance and something else.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 pm

"I can understand your concern, of course," Gusai says, "and you're right to ask questions about it--although I'd point out that Lion ships would be similarly welcome in Stag ports. Subject on both sides to health and safety inspections, of course; can't have hulls failing and choking off the docks both our peoples need."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:57 pm

"Otomo-san's concern for health and safety is appreciated. Certainly the health of river and ocean is important as well, and it's wise for us to give diligence to that well-being." Kawauso looks at Gusai critically. "But Otomo-san politely ignores the currently greater number of Stag vessels. Might we not be at great disadvantage within this potential 'partnership'?" The Lion asks honestly.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:18 pm

"Or you might have less to worry about from those same vessels," Gusai replies, "because such an arrangement would betoken a friendship, of course, and the Lion's own vessels'd have more places to travel safely and trade what they have."

He shrugs. "Of course, it could be that such a thing doesn't suit. But it seems to me that having access to interior Stag lands by our rivers and ports'd be a help to the Lion."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties