[D6 LA] The Great Wilderness Race! (Discussion and After-party)

Hisomu Susumu

[D6 LA] The Great Wilderness Race! (Discussion and After-party)

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:17 pm

Hisomu Susumu has arranged for refreshments for competitors and onlookers as they make their way back to the starting point and finish line Clan members cheer on their brethren, make friendly bets and get a bit of space from the Court Hall for those less inclined or those who already have their cases.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Nozomi

Re: [D6 LA] The Great Wilderness Race! (Discussion and After-party)

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:12 am

Nozomi and her daughter came back from the race, red faced from the cold but genuinely unperturbed. They didn't look any the worse for wear as they came in. Mayumi was definitely more tired than her mother but clearly making an effort not to show it with the stubbornness of youth. Laughing, she swatted her child on the back and smiled at whoever was there already or just coming in.

"Now that... is just what we needed. Get the blood pumping properly!" she said, while Mayumi grinned even if she looked like she could use a rest. Keeping up with her mother was not easy, no matter whose daughter she was. A bow to whoever was nearby and she grinned over at them. "You there, -sama. Which path did you take?" She was clearly in a lighter spirit.

(OOC: Quote if you reply please!)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:16 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:12 am
"Elder, they say." Kinsen chuckles and approaches Nozomi chugging down some fresh water. "I see that we have to set an example for this new generation after all."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:16 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:12 am
"Elder, they say." Kinsen chuckles and approaches Nozomi chugging down some fresh water. "I see that we have to set an example for this new generation after all."
She snorted and laughed, the bark in it coming right afterwards before she bowed to Kinsen and gave her a slightly impish look. It was kind of nice to have one of those moments these two could share. "Tell me about it, Hantei-sama," she said in an amused tone. "My daughter's keeping up with me and my bones aren't creaking yet. These young turks..."

A pause and a glance in the Ki-Rin's direction before she cleared her throat. "Though Chai-sama's definitely got a fair bit of stamina."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm
-snip-
"Oh yes, she does..." Kinsen squints her eyes at the girl with a very familiar face, and perfume –– maybe. In any fashion, someone perhaps worthy of showing to Genji, "Quite the stamina."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Rei walked up to the others and set Hen down. She leaned down and tapped the piglet lightly on the nose.

"Stay here."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:44 pm

Hisomu wipes his brow with a wet towel, currently stripped to the waist to get rid of the excessive sweat.

"Ryoshun-san, it's good to have some company at the back of the pack. I'm afraid that I did not make a good showing there"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Sasori layer exhausted after her run.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Seeing others coming in after her, the Ki-rin is actually surprised. She was so used to being beaten in all races as a kid - and whenever she met up with her sister - she just keeps looking for who beat her this time... wholly unaware of the monk and the Hantei matron discussing her performance.

When she glances at Kinsen, though, she feels a strange familiarity... but can't quite place where she might be getting that from.
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:31 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Hisomu wipes his brow with a wet towel, currently stripped to the waist to get rid of the excessive sweat.

"Ryoshun-san, it's good to have some company at the back of the pack. I'm afraid that I did not make a good showing there"
"You did fine, Hisomu-san." she assured him. "I don't think most of us could match Chai-san's performance."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:01 pm

"Indeed, she is quite something." It wasn't hard to be modest. The woman had smoked him. Susumu offers a wry smile. "But it does not bode well to impressing you or the others tonight."

He sighs and begins to pull his robe back into place. "I suppose I will save to check my pride until then. Sweat and all"

Susumu glances down. "How did you and Hen hold up after all that?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:59 am

"He wants to go back out there." she looked down at the pig, who was sitting beside her with clear reluctance. "I'm happy to stay right here."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:07 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm
-snip-
"Oh yes, she does..." Kinsen squints her eyes at the girl with a very familiar face, and perfume –– maybe. In any fashion, someone perhaps worthy of showing to Genji, "Quite the stamina."
Nozomi pretended not to notice that interest. Kinsen was always looking for good matches wasn't she? She chuckled a little and took a sip of tea. "I'm glad that they've included a few events like this. Much more my thing than most of what happens in court. I'm still not quite gifted at maneuvering through those halls, even after this many years. I don't know how you do it."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:48 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:07 am
-snip-
"Well. I don't skip the parties. There's were one gets the gist." Kinsen smirks, looking at Nozomi and her kid.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:51 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:59 am
"He wants to go back out there." she looked down at the pig, who was sitting beside her with clear reluctance. "I'm happy to stay right here."
Susumu can't resist a belly laugh. "He has quite a bit of energy then! More than myself I fear. I'm with you: it was a fun thing to try, and I think it helped some of those who felt cooped up, but I need a drink and a bath, not necessarily in that order and likely together"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Hearing the Hisomu say bath in the distance Sasori looked about. She knew her performance was bad. None around really see her so she decided to

//exit unless stopped.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:51 am

Susumu can't resist a belly laugh. "He has quite a bit of energy then! More than myself I fear. I'm with you: it was a fun thing to try, and I think it helped some of those who felt cooped up, but I need a drink and a bath, not necessarily in that order and likely together"
"I just want some warmth and some rest." she nodded. "And, he'll calm down once I feed him."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:23 pm

"And we are busy later" Susum offers a small smile. "It's a shame to be so busy in the evenings. Maybe we could enjoy a...significantly shorter trip another night. One that won't leave us quite so sweaty. From walking" He coughs and clears his throat, suddenly looking away.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:11 am

"I'd like that." she nodded.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:48 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:07 am
-snip-
"Well. I don't skip the parties. There's were one gets the gist." Kinsen smirks, looking at Nozomi and her kid.
She chuckled. "You definitely can be found wherever things are lively. That much I can be certain of. Me? I just like a good physical pursuit once in a while. get the blood pumping properly. And besides, I haven't had much of a chance to see the Spider at work. It's good to see a few of them here."

She might even have heard tell there was something going on the next day that she wasn't about to miss.