[D1-EM] Spider stalks her prey (open)

Hisomu Fumi

[D1-EM] Spider stalks her prey (open)

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:30 am

Fumi spent much of the morning looking through the various shops. She had forgotten to bring a carving knife with her. Furthermore, some little blocks of wood to make prototypes out of would be quite handy. Oh, and maybe a small length of twine!
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Saru Takurou

Re: [D1-EM] Spider stalks her prey (open)

Post by Saru Takurou » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:06 am

A young man wandered through the streets, he wore simple clothes that adorned the mon of the dragon clan and the smell of spices clung to him. While doing so, he looked quite lost. He looked around, and you could see in his face that he was confused and frustrated by the situation.

He shook his head, sighed heavily, and walked up to Fumi. With a warm smile he asked, "Excuse me, um, samurai,.... -san? May I,... um, disturb you for a moment?"
Dragon Clan • Cook • Happy? • Sociable

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:01 am

A young woman bows as they enter the store, smiling at the two samurai. "Good morning! Is there something I can get for you?" The shop around her is crowded with all sorts of woodworking tools and supplies, as well as finished projects. Close observation revealed calluses and scars on her own hands that suggested she did more than just mind the shop.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:24 am

"Ah, Dragon-san. This one is Hisomu Fumi of the Spider clan. You are no disturbance at all. Is there any way I may be of assistance."

After the shopkeeper spoke, Fumi asked for her list of needs. "Would you happen to have a carving knife, a half dozen or so small wooden blocks, and roughly this much twine?" The blocks she gestured to be barely longer than her hand. To the last she gestured the length her arms could spread.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Saru Takurou

Post by Saru Takurou » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:51 am

"Well... it looks like I'm lost, Hisomu.... um -san." he said while laughing sheepishly. "I was on my way to the temple when I smelled some interesting things, and then somehow ended up here. You wouldn't happen to know your way around here, would you?"

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm

"Not particularly well, I'm afraid. This is my first time outside of Spider lands. Though, I think the temple may be in that direction." She pointed a small distance away, roughly where she thought it may be.

She paused, "it does smell nice. Perhaps there is a food vendor about? If so, would you be so kind as to partake in breakfast with me?"
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Saru Takurou

Post by Saru Takurou » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:37 pm

"Oh, very much! I'm interested in the cusine of the city. Maybe copying a recipe or two!" he said smiling. He lloked around, trying to catch the smell he smelled earlier. "Shall we follow our nose?"

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:24 am
"Ah, Dragon-san. This one is Hisomu Fumi of the Spider clan. You are no disturbance at all. Is there any way I may be of assistance."

After the shopkeeper spoke, Fumi asked for her list of needs. "Would you happen to have a carving knife, a half dozen or so small wooden blocks, and roughly this much twine?" The blocks she gestured to be barely longer than her hand. To the last she gestured the length her arms could spread.
The young woman hurries around, gathering the requested items into a package and presenting it to Fumi. Her only interruption is to give her the total of two bu - one for the knife, and one for the other items.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:49 pm

Fumi quietly hands over a koku. After receiving her change and items she nodded to the Dragon. "Are you trained in cooking Takurou-san? What types of food exist in Dragon lands?"

Fumi began to lead the way, walking among the various stalls to see what was on offer and hoping food was available.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Saru Takurou

Post by Saru Takurou » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:01 am

"One could say so" he said sheepishly. "The food of Great Falls is mainly vegetables, buckwheat and fruits. Now that it is winter, a lot of pickled food is eaten. Meat is not scarce, but it is usually easier to cook without. Many, many things can be conjured up from it all." he replied and paused for a brief moment.

"Most of the time I'm cooking for guests or the orphans at Great Falls. Some say it's an art I create," he said thoughtfully. "But really I just do what I think is right and what I enjoy," he said with a broad grin.