[Day 9, Early Morning] A Patient Man (Closed, Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 9, Early Morning] A Patient Man (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:33 pm

Sora clucked his tongue.

"So barely the basics. All right. I'll tell you what I can. That... thing in Court today calling itself the Harbinger spoke for Jigoku, the Spirit Realm of Evil. Jigoku attempts to conquer Ningen-Do- that's our Realm, in case it's unclear- in a cyclical manner. The Ogres fought it once. The Five Ancient Races fought it once. And now it looks like it's our turn. Jigoku is a.... covetous realm. It's the ultimate enslaver, in many ways. Its touch is corrupting, and contagious. For reasons I don't fully understand, jade is anathema to the Realm of Evil's creatures. One of which has been hiding among the leadership of the Crane clan for the last fifteen years until that profoundly annoying Bat unmasked it in that duel. With me so far?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:50 pm

"I spend a lot of time at sea," Gusai says at the first, and nods along with the explanation. "So far, I follow," he says.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:46 pm

"Now, because of its corrupting influence, and the length of time the Crane have evidently been harboring it, they're in a bad way."

He paused.

"I can't say that I would be displeased if it threatened only their particular worldview, but it doesn't. It is the enemy of all who are not of Jigoku. Now, the terms that thing uttered in Court mean that we can't be focused on external borders, or conveniently located permanent gateways to the Realm of Evil. This time, it will seek to turn humanity against itself, through our dreams. So."

Sora leaned back.

"You might say we have our work cut out for us."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:39 pm

"Other than doing my damnedest to get jade moving," Gusai asks, "what can I do to help? I've seen shit," and his hand points at the eyepatch, "and that in court, it rattled me."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:55 pm

"Let anyone who talks about weird dreams know that Jigoku's promises are lies. And, harsh as it sounds, kill anyone who actively espouses its cause as quickly as you can."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Gusai nods.

"Some folks need killing."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:28 am

"An unfortunate but universal truth. Be on your guard, and again... we might not see the enemy coming until they're upon us."

Current Theme