[D8 EE Event]Art exhibition RP

Otomo Gusai

Re: [D8 EE Event]Art exhibition RP

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:59 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:57 pm
Sagara finishes up the water and then offers her cup for a change in the liquid content.

"The family founders are inspiring examples to follow. On every clan, of course." She advocated with pride. "I learned the craft by the hand of my father actually. He always said I had a touch and could easily mold earth like none other in town. It was probably because of the gift as well, that allows me to speak to the kami also."
Gusai nods. "I think you did well, handling such things," he says, and his single eye flickers in his strange wink. "If I may, do the Crab teach priests?"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:04 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:59 pm
Gusai nods. "I think you did well, handling such things," he says, and his single eye flickers in his strange wink. "If I may, do the Crab teach priests?"
"Actually we don't have priests among our members. I have talked with some of the priests in court, wondering if they could stop by the Crab and support the few shugenja in the clan to spiritually guide the clan. It comes rather strange since from the lecture from Shinsei-dono, I could understand more than I had expected."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:04 pm
"Actually we don't have priests among our members. I have talked with some of the priests in court, wondering if they could stop by the Crab and support the few shugenja in the clan to spiritually guide the clan. It comes rather strange since from the lecture from Shinsei-dono, I could understand more than I had expected."
Gusai nods again. "Makes sense, really," he says. "And given events, it's the kind of thing that needs doing."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Gusai nods again. "Makes sense, really," he says. "And given events, it's the kind of thing that needs doing."
"We are clan of warriors mostly. Dedicated to defending the Empire from the tribes of the north, which is why our land stretches in such a strange way over the Spider, Bat and Dragon. But that also means that most of our time and effort is dedicated to train in war, and little to remember that not all is war in this world, and that also the spirit needs to be cultivated." Needless to say that it also meant that courtly manners were also missing in the Crab, but confessing that in court could not work in behalf of Sagara. "Body, mind and spirit."
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:14 pm
"We are clan of warriors mostly. Dedicated to defending the Empire from the tribes of the north, which is why our land stretches in such a strange way over the Spider, Bat and Dragon. But that also means that most of our time and effort is dedicated to train in war, and little to remember that not all is war in this world, and that also the spirit needs to be cultivated." Needless to say that it also meant that courtly manners were also missing in the Crab, but confessing that in court could not work in behalf of Sagara. "Body, mind and spirit."
Gusai nods thoughtfully, trying to steer his mind away from thoughts even he knows are distracting. "I remember," he says, "there'd been some suggestion that the Crab were going to try to establish a trading port north of Spider lands. It's been a while, I admit, but I wonder if you know whether anything ever came of it."

Because, if so, there're things that can be done, he thinks, that the Lady Hantei would like to see.
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:30 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:17 pm
Gusai nods thoughtfully, trying to steer his mind away from thoughts even he knows are distracting. "I remember," he says, "there'd been some suggestion that the Crab were going to try to establish a trading port north of Spider lands. It's been a while, I admit, but I wonder if you know whether anything ever came of it."

Because, if so, there're things that can be done, he thinks, that the Lady Hantei would like to see.
"I must confess that I am too low in the crab hierarchy to know of any such information. As far as I know, there are no trading posts." Did he manage more information about her own clan than herself? She looked at the Otomo with interest and intrigue.
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:30 pm
"I must confess that I am too low in the crab hierarchy to know of any such information. As far as I know, there are no trading posts." Did he manage more information about her own clan than herself? She looked at the Otomo with interest and intrigue.
Gusai takes another pull from his sake.

"Tell me, Anjing-san, if you would," he continues, "whereabouts in the Crab lands do you live? I know that north-to-south there's not much spread--but there is east to west."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:32 pm
Gusai takes another pull from his sake.

"Tell me, Anjing-san, if you would," he continues, "whereabouts in the Crab lands do you live? I know that north-to-south there's not much spread--but there is east to west."
"In my case I lived mostly in the lands of the Anjing, close to the Hida since our daimyo is the wife of the Champion. That means that we live on the main and larger part of the lands of the Crab."
Anjing Sagara

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 pm

Misaki dips back in to the Dojo after making some adjustments to her spectacles, still wearing them to help show them off and such. Though she admits that they make it a bit dim in the room, there's something slightly rebelliously "cool" about wearing these things at night.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:25 am

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:33 pm
"In my case I lived mostly in the lands of the Anjing, close to the Hida since our daimyo is the wife of the Champion. That means that we live on the main and larger part of the lands of the Crab."
Gusai thinks back over what he recalls of the maps he's seen. He nods.

"Westerly, then," he says. "Quite a ways inland."
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 am

"Excuse me." She said to the Stag and the Crab with a bow. She moved towards Misaki.
Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 pm
Misaki dips back in to the Dojo after making some adjustments to her spectacles, still wearing them to help show them off and such. Though she admits that they make it a bit dim in the room, there's something slightly rebelliously "cool" about wearing these things at night.
"Good evening Doji sama. Those are quite the interesting contraption." She gave the woman a bow.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:25 am
Gusai thinks back over what he recalls of the maps he's seen. He nods.

"Westerly, then," he says. "Quite a ways inland."
"The lands of the Crab are found in the interior. As much as it extends it is still away from the coast."

Sagara bows to Sasori as she continues her duties as hostess.

"For the time I can be found on the west, but maybe this new duty of courtier of the Crab will find me moving about a bit more..."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:43 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:24 pm
"The lands of the Crab are found in the interior. As much as it extends it is still away from the coast."

Sagara bows to Sasori as she continues her duties as hostess.

"For the time I can be found on the west, but maybe this new duty of courtier of the Crab will find me moving about a bit more..."
After his own bow, Gusai smiles broadly, inhaling.

"That's great!" he avers. "You'll get to see some of the things you said you wanted to!"

He leans in, mock-conspiratorially. "And I may even be able to show you some more of them!"
Otomo Gusai

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 am
"Good evening Doji sama. Those are quite the interesting contraption." She gave the woman a bow.
"Oh, good evening to you as well, Bayushi-sama. This exhibition was your idea, no? Thank you for the opportunity to show them off, as it were. They're just smoked quartz sheets framed in copper, but the hope is they could have some use to prevent eye strain."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:03 pm
"Oh, good evening to you as well, Bayushi-sama. This exhibition was your idea, no? Thank you for the opportunity to show them off, as it were. They're just smoked quartz sheets framed in copper, but the hope is they could have some use to prevent eye strain."
She looked closely at the spectacles. "How can one see through them?" She was curious. "And yes this one organized this. I am Bayushi Sasori."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:01 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:48 pm
She looked closely at the spectacles. "How can one see through them?" She was curious. "And yes this one organized this. I am Bayushi Sasori."
"Oh the material is transparent. So one can see through them like looking through a jewel or crystal. It's just much harder from further away. Bayushi-sama could try them on if she wishes."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:01 pm

"Ah, interesting." She extend her hand to so Misaki can place them on her hand. She looked at them, intently and tried them on. The Scorpion girl was astonish at the change in colors around her. "The light is so different with these."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:01 pm
"Ah, interesting." She extend her hand to so Misaki can place them on her hand. She looked at them, intently and tried them on. The Scorpion girl was astonish at the change in colors around her. "The light is so different with these."
Misaki inclined her head, "Certainly. A bit purplish, a bit dim. It's kind of nice, though doesn't make it the easiest to see in dim places of course. Especially in the evening like this when we need to rely on lanterns rather than Lady Sun. But then, they're meant for when it's bright out."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:57 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:43 pm
After his own bow, Gusai smiles broadly, inhaling.

"That's great!" he avers. "You'll get to see some of the things you said you wanted to!"

He leans in, mock-conspiratorially. "And I may even be able to show you some more of them!"
"That would be exciting." She winked back with an eager smile. "We should approach our distances, Otomo Gusai-san. Despite our clans being so far from each other, there are much things that we can teach each other." Be it the clans to each other, or Gusai and Sagara to each other?
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:09 am

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:57 am
"That would be exciting." She winked back with an eager smile. "We should approach our distances, Otomo Gusai-san. Despite our clans being so far from each other, there are much things that we can teach each other." Be it the clans to each other, or Gusai and Sagara to each other?
"I'll very much look forward to the exchange," Gusai replies. "I do still have to come eat at your table, and there're some things I think'll be of use and delight for you that I can get up that way."
Otomo Gusai