Dojo of Destiny (D6 LA)

Kakita

Dojo of Destiny (D6 LA)

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:24 am

Kakita was a man of rhythms… of focus… of constant training.

He executed his forms with poise and practiced diligence. So
much rested on his shoulders now… the weight of his people… but he could not be distracted by that which would bear down on him.

Now there was only focus… focus to cut.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Re: Dojo of Destiny (D6 LA)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:54 am

For his part, Hikaru had many things to practice. Swordsmanship was just one of them, but it was certainly one of them. And so, he too found his way to the dojo.

His walk slowed as he entered it. Surprise did not stop him from bowing, but his eyes were wide as he did. "Kakita-san." A moment passed, his lips shifting. "I should not be surprised to find you here. You always were an accomplished swordsman."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 am

Kakita paused his practice and turned towards Hikaru.

“The way of the sword is a constant journey… One never knows when Duty will demand the use of the blade.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 am

Smiling just a little, Hikaru inclined his head. "It is. A journey I expect I shall be on my entire life. Especially as I was not nearly so talented as you."

He walked further into the practice area, rolling his shoulders as he went. "May I join you? I see no reason why the two of us may not practice together a bit."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:17 am

He nodded, “Though I will warn you… I practice for a purpose which your superiors will not support.”

He pulled his practice sword to his side, “I duel Lord Hadananzi on a question of honor in two days.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:29 am

Hikaru paused a long moment. "I see." He said. There was another long pause. Hikaru's expression was neutral. He might as well have been a statue.

"What happened?" He finally said, frowning in concern.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 am

“Someone planted a fan belonging to Lady Nanzi in my room. Hadananzi appeared at my room this morning and demanded it. He claimed that my statement regarding the object was false. We will let the heavens manifest the truth of these things.” He replied with a flick of his wrist.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 am

Hikaru's brows drew down. "That... does not surprise me." He murmured. He looked at Kakita, his expression serious. "You have an enemy, my friend. Who, I do not know."

After a moment, his lips shifted. "Or rather, a less obvious enemy. One who is not above using subterfuge."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:55 am

He look back confidently, “My enemy is clear. My purpose unitary. I will cut through the subterfuge… all of it. All dark will be brought into the light.”

He turned to his side, his wooden sword behind him, “Show me your stance.”

————

D6 Fluff Duel with Hikaru Assessment VP 2 Calls for Info: 10d10o10k9 91

Iai, Void Ring, and… Reflexes.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:53 am

Kakita, as his name now was Hikaru kept having to remind himself, was far better at this than he was.

Still... what was it that Ayumu had said? Failure was an option, but giving up never was? Hikaru gamely took up his stance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

iai, lollllll: 6d10o10k3 35

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:58 am

“You have a solid base… With time you could develop into quite the blade.” He replied calmly.

————

D6 Fluff Iai v. Hikaru With Assessment Bonus Luck Because Session restarts tomorrow…: 10d10ro1o10k10+24 83

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:19 am

"With time, perhaps. I pray that I may have it. Time has felt more fleeting lately." Hikaru said calmly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Focus, Kakita 1, center: 8d10o10k5+5 46

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:32 am

Suddenly the man was beside him and then behind… materializing almost like a ghost… A wooden blade set against his neck from behind.

“There is a time for everything, friend… A rhythm and flow to things…” He spoke calmly.

“If I am not worthy… then your time will come to combat this evil. Believe in yourself and you will not fail.”

————

Fluff Iai Attack 6 Raises For Cool: 10d10o10k10+8 64

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:56 pm

It was perhaps fortunate that Hikaru had received such a thorough answer from Ryoshun Rei. Otherwise, with the way Kakita moved, Hikaru might still have thought he was a ghost...

He froze, and then relaxed, straightening. "You're even better than before. Faster. More focused." One hand came up to gently help guide the wooden blade away as he turned to look at his friend.

"Do you think your opponent is... as Jiyo-sama said he is?" Hikaru shook his head. "It does not make sense to me. My reason argues against it. But everything I can sense in you speaks of purpose. This is your destiny, isn't it?"

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:42 pm

“Destiny has no secrets. I have been prepared for this moment. To what end I know not… I know only that I am meant to confront this evil, at this time.”

He lowered the sword to his hip, “We are beyond words now. What I say of this man is of little consequence… but if it so be that he avoids his end… watch him carefully… Your Lady will still need your diligence.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Hikaru looked at Kakita a long moment, his brow creased; someone who knew him would recognize it as worry. "I will. I swear it. If that is the fate that destiny decrees."

He took a deep breath. "Have your investigations revealed anything? I have some hope." His lips shifted, half-grimace. "I think Doji-sama would not wish for me to share this with you. I will if you think it necessary for your investigations, but otherwise I ask that I not be made to become forsworn."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:56 pm

“Knowing more of one’s enemy is always a benefit to a true warrior… Whatever you feel you can share I would hear.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Hikaru considered a few moments. "In truth, I think there is not yet any conflict here, as you know all the information. It is the same as we discussed with Ryoshun-sama. Tonight is the first full moon, when we think Togashi-sama may be able to understand Lady Doji's poetry." It was nothing Kakita hadn't already heard... which was unfortunate, since that meant Hikaru had made little progress since then.

He spread his hands. "I may need to be more circumspect in the future. We are in a difficult situation, where we are both sworn to find a cure for Lady Doji, but I am sworn to be discreet. Especially with you, my friend." He bowed apology. "But the first overrules the second, so my hands are not completely tied."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:17 pm

“Evil is good at obfuscation. Making people imagine danger where there is none. The Lady Doji is only doing that which she thinks to be in her family’s interest. Fortunately there is little left to discuss…”

He paused, “I just simply need to be ready to cut a demon.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:27 pm

Hikaru gave a slow bow. "Then if the Heavens will it, may they guide your hand."

He straightened, frowning thoughtfully. "Has your side of the investigation made any progress? At the Emperor's suggestion you were going to speak with a Shosuro?" The frown deepened. "I do not know her... but if the Emperor trusts her..." Hikaru gave a vague wave with one hand. The Emperor's word was absolute, of course.