[D4 LE] Spiritual Demonstration

Kuu

Re: [D4 LE] Spiritual Demonstration

Post by Kuu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:46 am

"You'll want to sit in that for a while, get a strong sense for it. Then when you feel you have it you'll focus back on normal meditation, clearing it from your mind and taking air out of ascendancy and returning to your natural balance. To help sense the contrast. If you don't sense a strong contrast you'll repeat until you do," he states. "After you can do that consistently you move on to fire, then water, on to earth and eventually to create an equalized balance rather than a natural balance, a difference that I can explain when we get to it."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:29 pm

"Yes, sensei," she nodded gently, her eyes still closed and focused.

Simply just a dragon at rest now, connecting to her elemental energy points.

She held air in ascendence for a while, let it go to return to a state of balance, and then found it again - faster this time. All her years learning under her father on similar exercises made her a adept student at picking up Kuu's instructions.

Once more air was let go, and found again, and let go once more... and this time following her natural state, she focused herself on fire. This was perhaps the easiest for her; the blessing of fire was strong within her blood, and she could quickly feel the warmth through her body. There was a strong sense of the fire element to her aura now.

"It feels very warm here," Satsuki said, placing her hand over her solar plexus. "The center."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 pm

"The sensations of elemental ascendancy can be a little different from person to person. When it feels strong in one point that generally means that you are focusing more on the element and less on the flow and the chi points. It's not inherently dangerous and there are abilities where you'll focus on tightly grouped points like that, particularly with atemi. Though for training and preparation, it is important to be able to spread the sensation to as many of your chi points as possible," he explains.

"When I use my healing kiho I gather as much water chi as I can to my fingertips before striking the patient's pressure points. But before I could do it consistently and effectiveness I needed to learn to feel the water at all chi points. When you do that, it is quicker and easier to collect all of it in one point in a moment."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Nodding Satsuki nurtured that sensation of warmth within, imagening it spreading through the rest of her body from that point. She hoped it was more a controlled flame but it felt more like a forest fire.

"Hmm..." her eyebrow quirked slightly with some frustration. "I think my fire energies are simply stronger than the others... it feels more overwhelming."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:07 am

"One of my brothers in the order that I trained with had much the same sensation when learning to control water chi. It gave the sensation of drowning to him, his water was so strong. Nothing bad ever happened to him. The body is not producing anything though, it is transforming energy. At worst you will become exhausted quickly, but it won't harm you. Even when I am fully engulfed in fire chi to produce intense heat from my body, the chi does no damage to me," he says. "You'll learn to become comfortable with the stronger sensations."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:09 pm

"Oh, I know what it's like to be fully engulfed by the fire kami," she said with some excitement to her voice, yet she managed to keep her concentration.

Focusing on the sensation, she imagined the fire more like something like smouldering embers than a fire. It was a better visual for maintaining the fire within to a more manageable level.

It still felt warm, but it seemed more like how it was with the air in ascendance, and she held onto the feeling. Carefully tending the fire. Then, letting go, thought it felt like it took a longer time for the fire to subside. Eventually, equilibrium was returned, and she once again went through the process of pulling upon her inner fire, making sure this time to not overwhelm herself with it.

Build it slowly. Carefully. Like a controlled fire.

"Fire has always come easily to me... water might become a challenge."
Theme | Profile