D4EE Sumai Observation

Bayushi Sasori

Re: D4EE Sumai Observation

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:57 pm

"There are some sailors who do," Gusai admits. "And they do well enough. But I find cats can get into more places more comfortably.

"And there is much to be said for a comfortable fit in tight quarters."

He grins.
"Right you are. I am not comfortable in tight quarters though... I prefer the open air." Sasori covered her light chuckle. She moved closer to his ear covering her lips and his ear with her fan. "Some cats like big spaces to prowl and run. mrow."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:14 pm
"Right you are. I am not comfortable in tight quarters though... I prefer the open air." Sasori covered her light chuckle. She moved closer to his ear covering her lips and his ear with her fan. "Some cats like big spaces to prowl and run. mrow."
Gusai turns towards her, his right hand reaching up to adjust his eyepatch slightly--which obscures his mouth from that side, as it happens--as he quietly replies "On a cold night, though, many cats like to stretch out by a fire, and I know a warm place where I would be happy to stroke such a cat. Perhaps we could share such?"

Something in his quiet voice is powerfully compelling.

~~~~~
OOC: 43 to Tempt, https://orokos.com/roll/897278
May be resisted with Etiquette (Courtesy) / Willpower at TN 43, per Core pg. 145. If you want.
Honor adjusting in PF.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Gusai turns towards her, his right hand reaching up to adjust his eyepatch slightly--which obscures his mouth from that side, as it happens--as he quietly replies "On a cold night, though, many cats like to stretch out by a fire, and I know a warm place where I would be happy to stroke such a cat. Perhaps we could share such?"

Something in his quiet voice is powerfully compelling.

~~~~~
OOC: 43 to Tempt, https://orokos.com/roll/897278
May be resisted with Etiquette (Courtesy) / Willpower at TN 43, per Core pg. 145. If you want.
Honor adjusting in PF.
Sasori's fan covered both his ear and her mouth. "This cat likes to cuddle in the lap of people for a good stroke on cold nights. I would like to take that offer." The girl giggled.

//D4EE Etiquette Will resist Tempt 1FR lower VP +1k1 TN 38: 6d10o10k4 32+2= 34 not enough

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:02 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:54 pm
Sasori's fan covered both his ear and her mouth. "This cat likes to cuddle in the lap of people for a good stroke on cold nights. I would like to take that offer." The girl giggled.

//D4EE Etiquette Will resist Tempt 1FR lower VP +1k1 TN 38: 6d10o10k4 32+2= 34 not enough
"Any night would be good for such a thing," Gusai replies, again quietly. "And my lap is always ready to have a cat sitting in it."

He nods towards the matches. "Seems things're wrapping up," he says, his voice returning to a normal volume.
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Sasori nodded she continued her conversation "I expect the blankets to be warm." she looked at the event dying down. "So it seems..."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm
Sasori nodded she continued her conversation "I expect the blankets to be warm." she looked at the event dying down. "So it seems..."
"A shame, really," Gusai sighs. "It was illuminating to see the different styles on display."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:09 pm
"It was interesting. I can only hope all works out. How are you doing today?"
"I am great. Thank you for asking. I appreciate the thought." She says with a grin, that gets followed with a bow. "I am also amazed at today's display. It does show that when some rules are not favorable, bending them to get a positive result can indeed be appreciated."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:34 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 am

"That is truth." He seemed to be a bit...befuddled, but decided to let it go. "Besides jiujitsu, what else does the river taught to Akodo-san?"
That seeming like a safe question, Kawauso relaxes and answers with a smile. "The river people have always been self sufficient. Hunting and fishing, spear and net... Woodcarving, for spears or boats. And our fighting styles are definitely influenced by the river, both in melee and ranged. Spears being perhaps the best weapon for both." There's a pause as she realizes something. "I, um, guess spears are very important to me," she says with a smile. After another pause, she realizes what she'd said, and with red cheeks tries to hide behind the cup of water she's now holding with both hands and a death grip in front of her face.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm

"A shame, really," Gusai sighs. "It was illuminating to see the different styles on display."
"I didn't know ratlings practiced the art of hand combat." She seemed pleasantly surprised."One of those rare styles."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:16 pm
"I didn't know ratlings practiced the art of hand combat." She seemed pleasantly surprised."One of those rare styles."
"Oh, yes," Gusai says, having had some trade with the Nezumi, although not much, and heavily mediated. "I think anything that has hands will fight with them."
Otomo Gusai

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:48 am
"We need those big ideas, never apologize for being who you are, Makime-san, that is a sign of personal strength," she replied warmly.

"I do believe more formal relations could benefit us all, we are elated at the possibilities."
"Ah...that was not my intention, merely...concerned as I know the topic can be a dreadful bore." Ayano smiled back, "And if I may ask, what do the Crane wish out of friendship with the Lion?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:35 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 pm
"Oh, yes," Gusai says, having had some trade with the Nezumi, although not much, and heavily mediated. "I think anything that has hands will fight with them."
"Yes, I don't think you need hands to fight." Sasori shrugged. "Have you seen roosters fighting?"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 pm
"Ah...that was not my intention, merely...concerned as I know the topic can be a dreadful bore." Ayano smiled back, "And if I may ask, what do the Crane wish out of friendship with the Lion?"
"Peace, prosperity, and expansion of trade to name a few things. We both benefit by working together and if you are willing to join our alliance that would extend to the Stag as well. Allowing us to be a model of trade and coordination for the Empire," she responded.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:33 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:24 pm

"I am great. Thank you for asking. I appreciate the thought." She says with a grin, that gets followed with a bow. "I am also amazed at today's display. It does show that when some rules are not favorable, bending them to get a positive result can indeed be appreciated."
"Um. Okay? Sure." It seemed, from his words and tone, he didn't know he had done anything wrong. Which, truthfully, was the point. He had never paid any attention to Sumai before this. "I was hoping to see you." He looked at her nails. "I hope you kept the distant and more recent past in mind, lately."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:16 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:34 pm

That seeming like a safe question, Kawauso relaxes and answers with a smile. "The river people have always been self sufficient. Hunting and fishing, spear and net... Woodcarving, for spears or boats. And our fighting styles are definitely influenced by the river, both in melee and ranged. Spears being perhaps the best weapon for both." There's a pause as she realizes something. "I, um, guess spears are very important to me," she says with a smile. After another pause, she realizes what she'd said, and with red cheeks tries to hide behind the cup of water she's now holding with both hands and a death grip in front of her face.
"A warrior's weapon should always take center stage, that is quite a wise attitude." He smiled fondly. "As you can see, my unarmed skills are lacking, and I am sure my spear skills do not match yours. I was raised on the sword, mainly, and that is where I am most comfortable, really. Besides the spear, and jiujitsu, do you practice any other fighting styles?" He turned his head towards back the bouts for now.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:40 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:35 am
"Yes, I don't think you need hands to fight." Sasori shrugged. "Have you seen roosters fighting?"
"I've known cocks to fight, yes," Gusai replies. "It's been...interesting. But I didn't know it was an interest of yours."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:33 am
"Um. Okay? Sure." It seemed, from his words and tone, he didn't know he had done anything wrong. Which, truthfully, was the point. He had never paid any attention to Sumai before this. "I was hoping to see you." He looked at her nails. "I hope you kept the distant and more recent past in mind, lately."
Kinsen raises her hand at the level of her eyes and swirls her fingers in a wave pattern to show Kyosei the bright green glinting against the light. "Doesn't it look lovely?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:40 am

"I've known cocks to fight, yes," Gusai replies. "It's been...interesting. But I didn't know it was an interest of yours."
She chuckled lightly. "I tend to watch things, Otomo sama. That is part of training. Specially when you learn how to manage animals. You could see the roosters fighting. Sometimes the peasants would cheer for one of the cocks."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 am
"Peace, prosperity, and expansion of trade to name a few things. We both benefit by working together and if you are willing to join our alliance that would extend to the Stag as well. Allowing us to be a model of trade and coordination for the Empire," she responded.
"I agree on such observations, though...I am but the child of Lord Akodo's first servant, so my own political pull is limited in scope." Ayano responds, "...though such would appeal to mother's sense of order. The Lion finds itself mostly bordering those who find our growing adherence to organization and discipline vexing, something I believe both the Crane and Stag find more agreeable."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:52 pm
"I agree on such observations, though...I am but the child of Lord Akodo's first servant, so my own political pull is limited in scope." Ayano responds, "...though such would appeal to mother's sense of order. The Lion finds itself mostly bordering those who find our growing adherence to organization and discipline vexing, something I believe both the Crane and Stag find more agreeable."
"We are aware of dealing with such differences with our neighbors and commiserate all the same," she replied kindly.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan