D4EE Sumai Observation

Doji Dojihime

Re: D4EE Sumai Observation

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 pm
"That is the way Lady Makime sees things as well." Ayano replied, "But the realities of anything like that happening is a generational project. One that starts with...well efforts like roadways. For myself I would like to see a unification of the economy, to ensure that trade may flow without having to concern itself with a thousand different expectations across the Empire."
"That is the logistical work but such foundations are laid out through friendships and bonds of alliance, that is the cornerstone of success for the Crane and Stag... which we would like to extend to the Lion in the near future," she offered.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:42 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 pm
"That is the logistical work but such foundations are laid out through friendships and bonds of alliance, that is the cornerstone of success for the Crane and Stag... which we would like to extend to the Lion in the near future," she offered.
"My apologies Doji-sama, I fallback to my expertise when thinking of grand ideas." Ayano's smile turned weary, "The Lion is of course open to friendship with the followers of Hantei and Doji. And perhaps more formalized relations."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:48 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:42 am
"My apologies Doji-sama, I fallback to my expertise when thinking of grand ideas." Ayano's smile turned weary, "The Lion is of course open to friendship with the followers of Hantei and Doji. And perhaps more formalized relations."
"We need those big ideas, never apologize for being who you are, Makime-san, that is a sign of personal strength," she replied warmly.

"I do believe more formal relations could benefit us all, we are elated at the possibilities."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:39 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:23 pm
Kinsen is there walking around and cheered up. It doesn't look like is winter by the way she's dressing. Gladly, they're inside and the heat is surely on.

--
PM if you approach
After his match, Kyosei noted one that he wanted to talk to a bit better. He approached, and gave a bow.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:49 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:06 pm

The war between proud and embarrassed continues on Kawauso's face, but pride gains the upper hand when Genji smiles.

"Uh, I don't know if fun is the point..." she says, a little halting. But seeing he cares, she keeps talking. "I mean, wrestling is always fun. Why else would otters do it all the time? It's fun to be moving, and trying to think fast, and your body gets tired in a good way. But, when you have to follow all these rules," she says with great scorn, "it's... I guess it's a performance, instead of just a fun activity. And I don't... I'm not here to be someone's performer."
"Good point. Sometimes for Duty, sometimes to protect others..but fun is certainly a part of it." He smiled "Hai, getting tired in a good way.." Hearing her words back might echo something to Kawauso, as it seemed the words seemed to sink in for Genji. "Ah, yes yes, I quite understand. You are here on behalf of your lord to do a serious duty, and not just perform for someone's pleasure. I mean, entertainment."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:48 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:49 am

"Good point. Sometimes for Duty, sometimes to protect others..but fun is certainly a part of it." He smiled "Hai, getting tired in a good way.." Hearing her words back might echo something to Kawauso, as it seemed the words seemed to sink in for Genji. "Ah, yes yes, I quite understand. You are here on behalf of your lord to do a serious duty, and not just perform for someone's pleasure. I mean, entertainment."
A sudden rush of conflict hits Kawauso. She remembers well her embarrassing word choices earlier in the day, what innocent mistakes they'd been. But, she thought, is that a smile of innocent words? Her own face compromises, looking down demurely but letting the corners of her mouth curl in the faintest smile.

"Yes," she says, voice low and very measured. "Getting tired in a good way is not a performance."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:48 am

A sudden rush of conflict hits Kawauso. She remembers well her embarrassing word choices earlier in the day, what innocent mistakes they'd been. But, she thought, is that a smile of innocent words? Her own face compromises, looking down demurely but letting the corners of her mouth curl in the faintest smile.

"Yes," she says, voice low and very measured. "Getting tired in a good way is not a performance."
"That is truth." He seemed to be a bit...befuddled, but decided to let it go. "Besides jiujitsu, what else does the river taught to Akodo-san?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:04 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:39 am
After his match, Kyosei noted one that he wanted to talk to a bit better. He approached, and gave a bow.
"Isawa-san!" Kinsen brightens her grin and provides a bow, "I am happy that you showed up."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:10 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:25 pm
Sasori arcs a brow and smiled. "Lady Hantei sama also wants a demonstration maybe I could plan something out for those interested to watch the martial aspect of the fan." She dips her head a bit. "I will be honored if you watch me do my katas."
Kinsen will want a different demonstration than I do, Gusai thinks.

He says, however, and with a slight bow, "The honor will be mine, of course." Rising, he adds, "I think I would be a rapt and attentive audience for any performance you would give."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:10 am
Kinsen will want a different demonstration than I do, Gusai thinks.

He says, however, and with a slight bow, "The honor will be mine, of course." Rising, he adds, "I think I would be a rapt and attentive audience for any performance you would give."
"Look a new contender..." She pointed at the Imperial that had entered the competition. "Interesting strategy... seems he has a flair of some what... Perhaps I should give such flair to my art."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:18 pm
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:10 am
"Look a new contender..." She pointed at the Imperial that had entered the competition. "Interesting strategy... seems he has a flair of some what... Perhaps I should give such flair to my art."
Gusai looks where she points, sees the bout in question, gives a grunt of approval, nodding.

"Compelling as I know it would already be," he says, "your demonstration would certainly ask some to rise to a new occasion."
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Gusai looks where she points, sees the bout in question, gives a grunt of approval, nodding.

"Compelling as I know it would already be," he says, "your demonstration would certainly ask some to rise to a new occasion."
"Perhaps we could spar and show you a more hand in hand demonstration." She giggled from behind her fan. "You might be pleasantly surprised."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:01 pm
"Perhaps we could spar and show you a more hand in hand demonstration." She giggled from behind her fan. "You might be pleasantly surprised."
Gusai smiles.

Cute giggle.

"I would welcome the chance to test myself against you," he says. "And I am up for pleasant surprises."
Otomo Gusai

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:09 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:04 am

"Isawa-san!" Kinsen brightens her grin and provides a bow, "I am happy that you showed up."
"It was interesting. I can only hope all works out. How are you doing today?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:03 pm
Gusai smiled.

Cute giggle.

"I would welcome the chance to test myself against you," he says. "And I am up for pleasant surprises."
Sasori nodded. "Do you like animals Otomo sama?" Sasori wondered.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:25 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:16 pm
Sasori nodded. "Do you like animals Otomo sama?" Sasori wondered.
"Some," he answers. "And for some things. Why do you ask?"
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:25 pm

"Some," he answers. "And for some things. Why do you ask?"
"I own a cat." She nodded. "You must tolerate him, if I am to demonstrate to you my capable fans."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:34 pm
"I own a cat." She nodded. "You must tolerate him, if I am to demonstrate to you my capable fans."
"I get on well with cats," Gusai says. "Ships often carry them, in fact. Helps, particularly with grain shipments.

"Although there was one I encountered that had a tendency to be...affectionate at...interesting times."
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:36 pm

"I get on well with cats," Gusai says. "Ships often carry them, in fact. Helps, particularly with grain shipments.

"Although there was one I encountered that had a tendency to be...affectionate at...interesting times."
Her smile brightens. "Some people think that a ship would prefer a dog rather than a cat due to some cats being afraid of water. My cat likes water thought when ever I want to go swimming he follows me."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:52 pm
Her smile brightens. "Some people think that a ship would prefer a dog rather than a cat due to some cats being afraid of water. My cat likes water thought when ever I want to go swimming he follows me."
"There are some sailors who do," Gusai admits. "And they do well enough. But I find cats can get into more places more comfortably.

"And there is much to be said for a comfortable fit in tight quarters."

He grins.
Otomo Gusai