D4EE Sumai Observation

Makime Ayano

Re: D4EE Sumai Observation

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:45 pm
"The Crane gladly endorse such a project, as it provides long term stability and growth of the realm. I had my own long term project I was working on, but it is a bit more ephemeral in purpose than roads but could stand to provide a great deal of stability and input from the Clans," she offered.

"Sadly it is not as fully realized as your plan."
"Oh my plan is far from fully realized. It will take the work of a great many surveyors, engineers, and artisans. In addition to both unskilled and skilled laborers. And likely we will need to make use of warriors to clear out some of the paths and protect the work parties." Ayano responded with a wry smile, "All for just the basics, who knows what will be needed for dealing with the mountains and rivers."

"If all goes well the processes of construction will allow other ideas of joint organization to be made plausible. Truthfully this is the first step in a want to build more unified inter-clan coordination."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:02 pm

"What do you think would come after such a great work," she asked curiously.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:57 pm

After her successful but "unconventional" contribution to the matches, Kawauso sat with a cup of water over somewhat away from the other observers. She seems to be sulking, but also trying to see other matches to better understand where she'd gone wrong.

------------
Please pm or quote if approaching.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:57 pm
After her successful but "unconventional" contribution to the matches, Kawauso sat with a cup of water over somewhat away from the other observers. She seems to be sulking, but also trying to see other matches to better understand where she'd gone wrong.

------------
Please pm or quote if approaching.
A sweaty Genji, still half-naked approached Kawauso.

"Akodo-san, nicely done. Better than my showing. A bit unorthodox though. I don't think we have codified that kind of throw yet, over the shoulder."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:31 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:15 pm

A sweaty Genji, still half-naked approached Kawauso.

"Akodo-san, nicely done. Better than my showing. A bit unorthodox though. I don't think we have codified that kind of throw yet, over the shoulder."
Looking at Genji, Kawauso turns bright red. "Ummm... Thank you, Hantei-sama," she says nervously. "I, uh... I guess the, um, ways of the river are not, um, welcome in this event?"
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:31 pm

Looking at Genji, Kawauso turns bright red. "Ummm... Thank you, Hantei-sama," she says nervously. "I, uh... I guess the, um, ways of the river are not, um, welcome in this event?"
"Eh, don't worry."

Genji plopped down into a seat next to Kawauso. "We didn't really make the rules and details that much visible, so don't worry about it." He let out a sigh, and glanced at some of his bruises. "That is the way of the river, neh? Quite impressive."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:38 pm
"Eh, don't worry."

Genji plopped down into a seat next to Kawauso. "We didn't really make the rules and details that much visible, so don't worry about it." He let out a sigh, and glanced at some of his bruises. "That is the way of the river, neh? Quite impressive."
"Oh, um, thank you, Hantei-sama," Kawauso says, beaming at the compliment. "The, um, river is not inclined to stop moving, Hantei-sama, and so neither is a river guardian. Although one can stand like a stone when necessary," she says, trying to look demure even when clearly prideful of her people.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:02 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 pm

"Oh, um, thank you, Hantei-sama," Kawauso says, beaming at the compliment. "The, um, river is not inclined to stop moving, Hantei-sama, and so neither is a river guardian. Although one can stand like a stone when necessary," she says, trying to look demure even when clearly prideful of her people.
"Ah, well, you certainly didn't stop when you plowed into the opponent. I think you got disqualified because both of you ended up outside the ring." He smiled widely at the thought. "I hope you at least had some fun?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:06 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:02 pm

"Ah, well, you certainly didn't stop when you plowed into the opponent. I think you got disqualified because both of you ended up outside the ring." He smiled widely at the thought. "I hope you at least had some fun?"
The war between proud and embarrassed continues on Kawauso's face, but pride gains the upper hand when Genji smiles.

"Uh, I don't know if fun is the point..." she says, a little halting. But seeing he cares, she keeps talking. "I mean, wrestling is always fun. Why else would otters do it all the time? It's fun to be moving, and trying to think fast, and your body gets tired in a good way. But, when you have to follow all these rules," she says with great scorn, "it's... I guess it's a performance, instead of just a fun activity. And I don't... I'm not here to be someone's performer."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:21 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:57 pm
When she was told too late that her way was not proper, Kawauso flushed with anger and embarrassment. But gosh darn it, she'd kicked butt.
Sora took note.

I feel ya there, kid.

But seeing that she was being chatted up by Kinsen's kid, he kept a distance for now.

"Uhm, Dad?"

"Yes, Shirayuki?"

"I've.. seen you fight."

It was true. he regretted it, but there hadn't been time with those bandits as close they'd been.

"So?"

"So... you coulda beaten your opponent hollow."

"But it wouldn't have involved actually hurting him, Shirayuki."

"... Oh."

"And maiming or killing our guests in a friendly sporting contest wouldn't really be a good thing, would it?"

"I... yeah..."

"Besides. In a situation like this, winning isn't everything."

Phi chimed in. "Especially given the conversational patterns going on around here..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:08 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:38 am
"So far, yes," Gusai allows, and his single eye focuses on the Crab woman. Certainly worth the attention, he thinks. "Still, there might be another entrant that gives her a run for her money. I hope so, actually; it's always more thrilling to watch a close contest."
"So it seems..." She looked at the Akodo now and took out her fan to hide a chuckle. "Seems that Akodo sama is giving us a new kind of show."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:11 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:08 pm
"So it seems..." She looked at the Akodo now and took out her fan to hide a chuckle. "Seems that Akodo sama is giving us a new kind of show."
Gusai watches, nods.

"I think I've seen that throw before," he says. "No, I'm sure of it. And from the position of receiving it. Not the most comfortable ukemi, to be sure."

He looks back to her. "Any expertise in jiujutsu, perchance?"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:11 pm

Gusai watches, nods.

"I think I've seen that throw before," he says. "No, I'm sure of it. And from the position of receiving it. Not the most comfortable ukemi, to be sure."

He looks back to her. "Any expertise in jiujutsu, perchance?"
"None, but some moves from the fan kata seem like jiujutsu. Being the fan a small weapon one must be aware of the close quarters." Sasori explained.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:20 pm
"None, but some moves from the fan kata seem like jiujutsu. Being the fan a small weapon one must be aware of the close quarters." Sasori explained.
"I'd be interested in seeing how you handle the fans," Gusai says. "I've seen them deployed in settings like this," and he gestures to the ongoing conversations around them, "but not in a more martial sense."

Some others, admittedly, he thinks. And maybe I'll see you in such, too.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:02 pm
"What do you think would come after such a great work," she asked curiously.
"It is in truth hard to tell," Ayano frowned in thought, "At the very least I hope it plants the seeds. However it is, I think, entirely realistic to expect some coordination will continue past the project." She focuses on a spot somewhere in the distance as she speaks, clearly her mind was racing behind those green eyes. "For instance: The increased trade from such would draw the craven who prey on honest merchants, a permanent force to patrol and protect these roadways will almost assuredly arise to deal with this. Of course part of this will just fall under anti-bandit efforts underway already by individual clans, but some manner of wardens who can pursue bandits across the borders of the clans would help limit misunderstandings."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm
"It is in truth hard to tell," Ayano frowned in thought, "At the very least I hope it plants the seeds. However it is, I think, entirely realistic to expect some coordination will continue past the project." She focuses on a spot somewhere in the distance as she speaks, clearly her mind was racing behind those green eyes. "For instance: The increased trade from such would draw the craven who prey on honest merchants, a permanent force to patrol and protect these roadways will almost assuredly arise to deal with this. Of course part of this will just fall under anti-bandit efforts underway already by individual clans, but some manner of wardens who can pursue bandits across the borders of the clans would help limit misunderstandings."
"The Stag and Crane already have a semblance of this that can work across both our provinces, aligning the Lion with our efforts could serve to expand our reach and aid in securing these future roads," she offered.

"It would also allow our three clans to better exploit future markets and growth as the Empire expands."
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:59 pm
"The Stag and Crane already have a semblance of this that can work across both our provinces, aligning the Lion with our efforts could serve to expand our reach and aid in securing these future roads," she offered.

"It would also allow our three clans to better exploit future markets and growth as the Empire expands."
"It is something that has occurred to the Lion as well," Ayano raised a brow, "Lady Makime in particular wishes for a standardization of the various armies in the Empire. In organization if nothing else. And a collective planning to deal with threats that are larger then a single clan might be capable of handling."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:25 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 pm

"I'd be interested in seeing how you handle the fans," Gusai says. "I've seen them deployed in settings like this," and he gestures to the ongoing conversations around them, "but not in a more martial sense."

Some others, admittedly, he thinks. And maybe I'll see you in such, too.
Sasori arcs a brow and smiled. "Lady Hantei sama also wants a demonstration maybe I could plan something out for those interested to watch the martial aspect of the fan." She dips her head a bit. "I will be honored if you watch me do my katas."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 pm
"It is something that has occurred to the Lion as well," Ayano raised a brow, "Lady Makime in particular wishes for a standardization of the various armies in the Empire. In organization if nothing else. And a collective planning to deal with threats that are larger then a single clan might be capable of handling."
"My father would be amenable to those kinds of ideas," she admitted.

"We are stronger united than as disparate clans working without organization."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 pm
"My father would be amenable to those kinds of ideas," she admitted.

"We are stronger united than as disparate clans working without organization."
"That is the way Lady Makime sees things as well." Ayano replied, "But the realities of anything like that happening is a generational project. One that starts with...well efforts like roadways. For myself I would like to see a unification of the economy, to ensure that trade may flow without having to concern itself with a thousand different expectations across the Empire."