D4EE Sumai Observation

Otomo Gusai

D4EE Sumai Observation

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 pm

Surrounding the prepared ring, here, there are seats set up--not so much for cheering (which should be in the event thread proper), but for talk and review...
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Re: D4EE Sumai Observation

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 am

Sasori watches the matches as she Hope's none get hurt.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:57 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 am
Sasori watches the matches as she Hope's none get hurt.
Gusai approaches her, giving a nod of greeting. Smiling, he says "I'm glad to see you here! What do you think of the event?"
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:23 pm

Kinsen is there walking around and cheered up. It doesn't look like is winter by the way she's dressing. Gladly, they're inside and the heat is surely on.

--
PM if you approach
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:57 am

Gusai approaches her, giving a nod of greeting. Smiling, he says "I'm glad to see you here! What do you think of the event?"
"You asked me to be here and I agreed." The girl took out her fan and fanned herself. "It is interesting how people boast their prowess in fighting each other."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 pm
"You asked me to be here and I agreed." The girl took out her fan and fanned herself. "It is interesting how people boast their prowess in fighting each other."
"It is," Gusai agrees. "And it is of interest to see how their skills translate across situations. Jiyo-sama, for instance, is holding back, and probably for the best for all here--unless you were looking to practice your healing arts?"

He raises an eyebrow wryly.
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:18 pm

Sasori rose one brow and sighed. "I prefer not to practice my healing art." Sasori shook her head. "Seems it would be best for Jiyo sama not to break himself."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:45 pm

"I think he's done well enough," Gusai puts back. "And I'm glad he didn't break anyone else, either.

"As is true of several others," he adds, nodding towards Nozomi's match.
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:02 pm

"Yes, that seems true." She looked at Nozomi's match. "Interesting that her movements seem a bit more like meditation and centering one self to sense those around her."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Ayano attended the event out of Stag solidarity. In truth martial combat was not an interest of her's. So she would only watch for now.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:02 pm
"Yes, that seems true." She looked at Nozomi's match. "Interesting that her movements seem a bit more like meditation and centering one self to sense those around her."
"Hm," Gusai utters, cupping his chin. "I'd not thought of it thus. I think you're right, though."
Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Ayano attended the event out of Stag solidarity. In truth martial combat was not an interest of her's. So she would only watch for now.
Gusai looks thence with his one eye. Curious that she did not even cheer.
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm

The Crane heiress entered the area wearing a more causal six layers of kimono of shades of blue and white. Over her shoulders was a heavy scarf but still she was grace and poise.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:07 am

Sagara wondered if she could had participated, but she was not a real warrior, little less did she have notion of hand to hand combat. She saw Chizu show up instead and that brought a smile to her, the Crab would be well represented. The Crab stepped into the observation area instead and awaited the real show that Chizu was going to show them all.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm
"Hm," Gusai utters, cupping his chin. "I'd not thought of it thus. I think you're right, though."
"Seems that Yoshitsune sama is working the crowd." Sasori noted. "Seems that she is the girl to beat..." She gave it some thought and blinked a few times.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:23 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 pm
She sidled up and teased lightly, "Makime-san, I did not take you for a lover of physical violence?"
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:38 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 am
"Seems that Yoshitsune sama is working the crowd." Sasori noted. "Seems that she is the girl to beat..." She gave it some thought and blinked a few times.
"So far, yes," Gusai allows, and his single eye focuses on the Crab woman. Certainly worth the attention, he thinks. "Still, there might be another entrant that gives her a run for her money. I hope so, actually; it's always more thrilling to watch a close contest."
Otomo Gusai

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:19 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:23 am
She sidled up and teased lightly, "Makime-san, I did not take you for a lover of physical violence?"
"I tolerate it, neh given my training and knowledge it would be best to say I facilitate it's use on a large scale." Ayano's green eyes shifted to regard the Doji. "But it is not something that draws my interest in person. Though in this case the additional ceremony of it all is a t least curious."

She smiles, "And yourself Doji-sama? Do you find such things to your liking?" A hand motions to the ring. "You gave a rousing speech for the Crab maiden."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:19 pm
"I tolerate it, neh given my training and knowledge it would be best to say I facilitate it's use on a large scale." Ayano's green eyes shifted to regard the Doji. "But it is not something that draws my interest in person. Though in this case the additional ceremony of it all is a t least curious."

She smiles, "And yourself Doji-sama? Do you find such things to your liking?" A hand motions to the ring. "You gave a rousing speech for the Crab maiden."
“I find physical conflict distasteful as a matter of course but understand the necessity for the stability and continuance of the realm. I would much prefer words and letters to bloodshed and violence but not all can be swayed to such. Though I do enjoy the vigorous displays of athleticism and the pageantry,” she offered honestly.

“Yoshitsune acquitted herself with skill, her performance deserves praise. Just as you acquitted yourself well at Court and deserve praise. The Crane and Stag recognize the importance of such a venture and the role the Lion play within the Empire,” Dojihime finished.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:25 pm
“I find physical conflict distasteful as a matter of course but understand the necessity for the stability and continuance of the realm. I would much prefer words and letters to bloodshed and violence but not all can be swayed to such. Though I do enjoy the vigorous displays of athleticism and the pageantry,” she offered honestly.

“Yoshitsune acquitted herself with skill, her performance deserves praise. Just as you acquitted yourself well at Court and deserve praise. The Crane and Stag recognize the importance of such a venture and the role the Lion play within the Empire,” Dojihime finished.
"My hope is that most will find it a worthy project to endorse. Though there will be some pushback, mostly once the costs become clear." Ayano added, "The Crab you mean? I have not meet any of them in my time here, something I should rectify given their proximity and our clans shared interest in warfare."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 pm
"My hope is that most will find it a worthy project to endorse. Though there will be some pushback, mostly once the costs become clear." Ayano added, "The Crab you mean? I have not meet any of them in my time here, something I should rectify given their proximity and our clans shared interest in warfare."
"The Crane gladly endorse such a project, as it provides long term stability and growth of the realm. I had my own long term project I was working on, but it is a bit more ephemeral in purpose than roads but could stand to provide a great deal of stability and input from the Clans," she offered.

"Sadly it is not as fully realized as your plan."