D4EE Sumai Observation

Akodo Kawauso

Re: D4EE Sumai Observation

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:08 pm

The Lion's face is red, but she manages to respond, "I am sorry, Hantei Kinsen-sama. The style of the river people is not, um, as staid as appears to be popular elsewhere..." Her head remains bowed, missing the smile directed at Genji.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 pm

"Do not regret your actions young lady: simply learn from them." She says, bluntly, still quite protective of her boy for some primal feeling.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:16 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:02 pm
Tag
It having been a while, and Gusai clearly having argued at some length, he returns, shaking his head slightly.

"The judges are, sorry to say, set in their decision," he says. "I apologize that I have no better news for you." And he bows deeply.

And that complicates several things, he thinks.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:26 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:16 pm
It having been a while, and Gusai clearly having argued at some length, he returns, shaking his head slightly.

"The judges are, sorry to say, set in their decision," he says. "I apologize that I have no better news for you." And he bows deeply.
Yoshitsune Chizu tilted her head, considering Gusai's words. The arguments between Gusai and the judges had not been missed.

"I see," she said at last, lowering her head and sounding disappointed. "How unfortunate. Nevertheless, thank you for your efforts to try to set this right."

The big Crab bowed and made ready to depart.
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:26 pm
Yoshitsune Chizu tilted her head, considering Gusai's words. The arguments between Gusai and the judges had not been missed.

"I see," she said at last, lowering her head and sounding disappointed. "How unfortunate. Nevertheless, thank you for your efforts to try to set this right."

The big Crab bowed and made ready to depart.
"Before you go," Gusai says, "I would appreciate the chance to speak with you while we are here together." About several things. "I do not know if you have time early tomorrow morning--and it's short notice, of course, so I understand if you don't. But if not, sometime the day after?"
Otomo Gusai

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:29 pm
"Before you go," Gusai says, "I would appreciate the chance to speak with you while we are here together." About several things. "I do not know if you have time early tomorrow morning--and it's short notice, of course, so I understand if you don't. But if not, sometime the day after?"
Chizu still seemed a bit troubled by the outcome of the tournament, but at Gusai's entreaty, she stopped and considered his words.

"Perhaps tomorrow," the big woman allowed, bowing slightly.
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:41 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:38 pm
Chizu still seemed a bit troubled by the outcome of the tournament, but at Gusai's entreaty, she stopped and considered his words.

"Perhaps tomorrow," the big woman allowed, bowing slightly.
"Shall I find you," Gusai inquires, "or be found by you?"
Otomo Gusai

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:36 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Kinsen blinks a bit and then leans closer to talk in a lower tone of voice, "So-desuka?"

She takes a deep breath and nods, asking, "Any details?"
"Initial warning was of foulness and darkness, shortly, in a time of great snow. Foulness as we encountered down there, and something rising. And that is all. But, I have taken the idea of spreading the word, so we may be prepared."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:37 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:36 pm
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Kinsen blinks a bit and then leans closer to talk in a lower tone of voice, "So-desuka?"

She takes a deep breath and nods, asking, "Any details?"
"Initial warning was of foulness and darkness, shortly, in a time of great snow. Foulness as we encountered down there, and something rising. And that is all. But, I have taken the idea of spreading the word, so we may be prepared."
She nods positively, and leaves at that. No good omens to talk about those foul things while in a competition so honorable such as this. "Would Isawa-san arrange some time later on this week to share tea with me?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:42 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:37 pm

She nods positively, and leaves at that. No good omens to talk about those foul things while in a competition so honorable such as this. "Would Isawa-san arrange some time later on this week to share tea with me?"
"When would be most propitious for you? Though, I know little more than I have said."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:42 pm
"When would be most propitious for you? Though, I know little more than I have said."
"In three days from now, I believe." Time enough to prepare a gift to the Isawa that, for two times in a row, provides her protection.

TN to be recognized is 0

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:56 pm

"Very well. What time of day do you think best?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 pm
"Do not regret your actions young lady: simply learn from them." She says, bluntly, still quite protective of her boy for some primal feeling.
"Of course, Hantei Kinsen-sama. Your wisdom is well taken, and appreciated." Kawauso bows her head lower, unsure whether there's anything else to do. And suddenly more conscious that her sumai attire becomes less appropriate and more risque the longer after the bouts she sits around in it.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:33 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:56 pm
"Very well. What time of day do you think best?"
"Soon. Oh, please, forgive my rudeness. I have to check on the winner". Says Kinsen as soon as she sees that Gusai double checks the winner.
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:29 pm
"Of course, Hantei Kinsen-sama. Your wisdom is well taken, and appreciated." Kawauso bows her head lower, unsure whether there's anything else to do. And suddenly more conscious that her sumai attire becomes less appropriate and more risque the longer after the bouts she sits around in it.
"Very good. Follow my steps." She smiles back to Kawauso and waves for the girl to follow her up to the kamiza. Once there, she takes the blessed horizontal belt of the Sumai Champion and waits for Gusai to do the honors of announcing the winner.

--
OOC: I apologize. I got confused with the timing with Isawa Kyosei. Please assume that conversation was made previous to the approach to Kawauso.

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:35 am

Kawauso gives Genji a nervous smile and then dutifully follows Kinsen. Along the way, she composes herself, readying to accept the honor on behalf of her people and their better way of doing "sumai." She couldn't work herself up to a smile under the circumstances, but a steady gaze of determination seemed fair.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:33 pm
"Very good. Follow my steps." She smiles back to Kawauso and waves for the girl to follow her up to the kamiza. Once there, she takes the blessed horizontal belt of the Sumai Champion and waits for Gusai to do the honors of announcing the winner.
At an appropriate time, Gusai will have made a declaration affirming the materials herein: https://firstwintercourt.fallenash.com/ ... 1&start=22

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.
Otomo Gusai