[D3, LA] Invisible Blade

Hantei Kinsen

[D3, LA] Invisible Blade

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Placeholder. Waiting for Combat Thread
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Re: [D3, LA] Invisible Blade

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:56 am

A man in a simple dark kimono waited quietly in the dojo with a practice blade in his hand... He had arrived a few minutes early so as to be on time for Lady Hantei's summons.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:01 am

It is not long and Kinsen enters the dojo, announcing herself and bowing to the spirit of the place. Then, with a grin –– and perhaps a full contrast in colors and mood –– she bows to Kakita, "Good afternoon, Kakita-san. I hope Lady Sun has bring you warmth and sustenance today."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 am

He bowed deeply at her arrival, "I have received my fair share of her grace. I hope you too have been so sustained."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:11 am

"I did, in fact. A certain Doji made sure I had one of the best meals in quite some time." She mentions and casts her eyes to the training sword.

"Oh, forgive me. Let me fetch one, too." For Kinsen, the good thing about going to train was the gained mobility from the battle-ready kimono and hakama. She does feel a bit colder than usual, but energetic enough to move around and heat things up. The Stag makes way to the weapon's rack and fetches herself a similar weapon to Kakita.

"How has been this curfew the Fortunes imposed on us so far?" She says, measuring the wooden blade and positioning it to her left as if stored.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:17 am

He smiled softly, "Everything is as it should be. An intertwining of destinies. It has been an auspicious turn of events."

The practice sword seemed to float aloft his hand with ease... an extension of the arm which held it.

He then bowed, "I regret I was unable to attend your party... I was unfortunately otherwise engaged last night... an errand I needed to see through. I hope you will not hold it against me."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:28 am

Kinsen points a green painted finger to her chest, asking rather sarcastically, "My party? I am unsure it was mine. I just helped to make it happen. I am pleased to hear you were engaged last night, nonetheless. Hopefully something that will bear good results."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:34 am

He nodded, “I retain hope that it will. We all have our purposes… I hope to see mine through to the end.”

He then bowed slightly, “So, how would you like to begin?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:56 am

"You're the master here. I am merely a student of the blade." She says, lowering her head a bit.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:09 am

“You are familiar with the form practiced by the Kami at the tournament?” He asked without guile… knowing quite well she would have been present at the event itself.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 am

“From the final, the bouts or Togashi-kami’s?” Kinsen inquires, tilting her head.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:55 am

“The final. The form professed by Lord Nanzi of the Crane.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am

“I do hold that in great esteem. It is indeed a way to settle matters in the light of the Heavens. Genji-kun is very enthusiastic about it. I am merely an admirer.” Kinsen confesses her lack of skill.

But beams up afterwards, “I might remember a few of the initial positions and moves, though.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 pm

“I would be honored to see your form… and perhaps offer whatever small aid I can from my experience.” He bowed politely.

“I believe we are approaching the days where the ability to defend one’s honor may increasingly depend on their skill with a blade. The merging of blade and soul is a personal journey… but one can seek guidance along the way.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:42 pm

Kinsen nods, and puts the bokken tucked into her obi. Then she assumes her form. Which is a crude copy of what she sees her husband and son doing.

--
Stance: Center

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 pm

He bows in a humble manner before walking in a small circle and settling into a stance that seemed to float.

His eyes seemed to look straight through the woman… assess her every feature and trait.

“The first step is to assess your opponent… One must learn to see what is to be seen and to see through what others wish you to see.” He moved his leg slightly.

“Each movement has a rhythm… Each breath… each thought. Being aware of your enemy’s intent gives you great insight. Here or anywhere.”

———-

Center Stance:

Assessment: D3 Fluff Iai w/ Kinsen Assessment 2 Raises for Info: 10d10o10k8 45

Looking for Void, Reflexes, and Iaijutsu skill.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:30 pm

Kinsen gets too distracted with Kakita's explanation and, sensing he was reading her every movement and form, she actually gets a bit too worried in trying to hide potentially exposed major areas of her own form. She reads nothing from the man, and, instead shows nearly almost that he wanted to read.

She doesn't show signs of being either quick or trained. Her aura, though, her Void: it exhales a cacophony of golden hues of light that soon take several different colors.

--
D3, LA, Fluff Iai Assessment vs. Kakita + VP for skill: 3d10o10k2 12

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Kakita's breath slowed his gaze focused, "The next step is to focus... The primary thing when you take a sword in your hands is to focus on your intention to cut the enemy, whatever the means. Whenever you parry, hit, spring, strike or touch the enemy's sword, you must cut the enemy in the same movement. If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able to cut him."

He let out another breath, "Many feel that speed is all that matters... The true master does not appear fast. He strikes when there is an opening... whether that be fast... or slow. There is a rhythm..."

He folded his hands around the hilt and moved into position.

-----

Focus: D3 Fluff Iai w/ Kinsen Focus, Assessment Bonus: 10d10ro1o10k10+20 74

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Kinsen really tries to focus, but she can't manage to settle thoughts straight. There was too much going on. Genji was sliding around been snarky and not very focused himself. Gusai was not yet at full speed after his "vacations" in the nearest sake house. Today she learned that the Crab has another courtier that was not invited to the VIP party. The Jyio are plotting yet another move and she can feel it lurking nearby. The bear... well... that was cute, and very familiar.

That gave her a good idea of what to do. An ace to be used when ne-- and she forgets to draw.

--
D3, LA, Iai Focus vs TN 74, VP for Skill: 4d10o10k3+3 15

TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Kakita saw right through the jumble of thoughts which the woman parsed through in her mind. He waited patiently seeing if she would gather it in... but it appeared she was otherwise occupied.

He moved in... swiftly as a breeze slashing across her thigh with gentle caress, spinning round and placing the wooden blade on the joint between her neck and shoulder with intense precision.

Now standing behind her he leaned in, "Do nothing that is of no use."

-----

D3 Fluff Iai w/ Kinsen Strike, 10 FR for Coolness: 10d10o10k8+5 71

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-