[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Doji Tsubaki

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 pm
The admission made Ayano uncomfortable, "There are other more important things to concern myself with." She replied half-heartedly. "Duties to the family and the like."

She composes herself, "And what does Lady Raven desire?"
"That would be a most unfortunate loss if it turns out true. Duty is important, I will never argue that point, but to be the best in our duty we must also have space for our hearts. Plus this world needs to see the beauty you could create."

The mask considers a well manicured hand for a moment, "As for my desires... I have lived a longer life so most have been fulfilled or are in the process. Now I desire to aid others in finding and achieving their own."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:54 am

[/quote]
Hadananzi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:36 am
"Must be quite the lucky man to have tamed one such as yourself. Here I thought I might have encountered a wild Fox, but it seems I was mistaken. All the charm in the world would avail me nothing but a polite smile and a shake of the head, of this I'm certain. But at least the dance was nice." Hadananzi's smile never wavered, but he did step back an inch or two.
"The charmer is indeed honorable. I cannot deny I was wary at some point. That Tengu-sama, being a bird of prey, would dive in with beak and claws. I apologize for this assumption." Kinsen spins as he takes a couple of steps back and provides a bow to the dark bird. "I am, too, thankful for this dance. A great experience."
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 am
After moving with the beat through the dance floor, a figure in a flat stone mask - the pattern of the stone seemed to continue into the kimono under it - approached the wife of the Hantei, and gave a little nod. One hand went into a sleeve, and pulled out a small, clear bottle, a deep green that almost glowed coming from within, and tapped it's fingernails, then offered the bottle to the woman.
"Oh, hello!" Says Kinsen, tilting her head to try figuring out who was that person behind. She provides a bow and looks curiously at the green bottle. "Stone-san would like to drink with us?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:54 am
"The charmer is indeed honorable. I cannot deny I was wary at some point. That Tengu-sama, being a bird of prey, would dive in with beak and claws. I apologize for this assumption." Kinsen spins as he takes a couple of steps back and provides a bow to the dark bird. "I am, too, thankful for this dance. A great experience."
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 am
After moving with the beat through the dance floor, a figure in a flat stone mask - the pattern of the stone seemed to continue into the kimono under it - approached the wife of the Hantei, and gave a little nod. One hand went into a sleeve, and pulled out a small, clear bottle, a deep green that almost glowed coming from within, and tapped it's fingernails, then offered the bottle to the woman.
"Oh, hello!" Says Kinsen, tilting her head to try figuring out who was that person behind. She provides a bow and looks curiously at the green bottle. "Stone-san would like to drink with us?"
"What worries could I have caused to one so well equipped to defend herself? I may be a bird of prey, but I am a careful hunter." Anything further he might have said was cut off by the new arrival, and unseen behind the mask, a single eyebrow raised up at the bottle of green liquid.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 pm

The bottle is again offered to the woman, even as the other hand lifts the mask just enough to take a drink of his small cup of sake. The bottle is, as more attention is now paid to it, filled with something that has been powdered, and swirls between bright and darker green.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm
"What worries could I have caused to one so well equipped to defend herself? I may be a bird of prey, but I am a careful hunter." Anything further he might have said was cut off by the new arrival, and unseen behind the mask, a single eyebrow raised up at the bottle of green liquid.
At his smooth reply, Kinsen squints her eyes at Hadananzi with an attached, and amused, smirk.
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 pm
The bottle is again offered to the woman, even as the other hand lifts the mask just enough to take a drink of his small cup of sake. The bottle is, as more attention is now paid to it, filled with something that has been powdered, and swirls between bright and darker green.
"Oh, I could not accept such gift. I am deeply sorry Stone-san had to bring me his own." Kinsen bows apologetically.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:23 pm
Hadananzi was not the only one who was standing here in a tengu mask. Admittedly, it hadn't been a really active plan on her part to wear the same thing as the groom. But she'd ended up with it because it had been the only one that cost enough zeni that she could get away with it. She rarely bothered with money after all, so she didn't need the headache, but this event had certain... expectations, so she'd picked one up.

When she saw another person wearing that mask, she realized there'd been a reason the person had offered it so inexpensively. It was probably gauche to wear the same one as someone else, especially a cheaper quality one. Gah, whatever. Damn the court and all its idiocy. she was tempted to get a drink, but refrained. Seeing everyone in conversation, she opted to play the part of a wallflower for now. All too easy to just nimbly maneuver around the lot of them and avoid real serious notice.

At least Kuu was here. He'd draw more attention probably.
Having left the hostess in the hands of a Mysterious Stranger, Misaki looks around for another dance partner and spots someone in a similar mask watching proceedings. Did they need a dance partner? Did they even want one?

The maskless Crane woman walks over to them to find out.

"Greetings. This one is Misaki of the Doji. I don't suppose you would care to dance with me?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:10 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:17 pm

There's a tiny giggle at the wink. "Is that what a lucky cat does? Find a grumpy--" she touches the small stag horns atop her carved mask, "er, a grumpy stag some new friends?" She gives another small giggle.

Taking a deep breath, Kawauso stands. She smiles at Sasori again. "I suppose I won't object, as long as they are of similarly high quality to my lucky cat."
"But first a question..."She looked up. "Do Stag know how to swim?" Sasori giggled.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 am
"I would have to say that it is the enthusiasm, since I have not had any training in dance, nor do I have the sense of a musician to understand music as fully as one would. I just react to what my mind tells me the rhythm is." She added as she continued following the beat. "My body is a little more used to outdoor movement, and to understanding the terrain and to react to it, that could had been a help to avoid stepping on others feet." She mostly joked. "But Ongaku-sama looks to have a pretty good sense of dancing himself. Did you take lessons?"
"Only those provided by a life spent singing for ceremonies and celebrations. You could say I learned how to fail as discreetly as possible."

That mellow baritone chuckle, and he continued, "I guess you could say my duties have varied over the years, and taken me to many places."

With a faint bow, he adeptly retrieved his drink which he had left dangling from one hand, grasping the stone gourd and taking a sip, the motion hidden by the shroud.

"I must say, without training, you still put many to shame, so whatever natural instinct you follow, it seems it leads you well."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:10 pm

"But first a question..."She looked up. "Do Stag know how to swim?" Sasori giggled.
Kawauso raises a hand to her chin in thought, then smiles and stands tall. "I don't know about other stags, but this one is quite a swimmer." She lowers her volume a bit as she steps out of her ball character. "Swims like a river otter, honestly."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:01 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am
"Ah, then his must be a lucky night of mine." He smiled, and tried to match her movements...more or less. "Oh, that would be my dear mother. She is an endless font of creativity. I, on the other hand, am the stoic yet boring son of hers." He shrugged, not bothered by the idea. "I am glad you are having fun though."
"Hm. Hantei's honored lady lives up to her reputation." It was a rather colorful reputation, after all!

Kogi's habit of subconsciously mirroring the person she is interacting with in any unfamiliar situations and activities runs headlong into Genji's efforts to match her movements. The result is a few measures of a dance in which both partners are trying to follow the other one's lead and no one is actually leading, until eventually both get a feel for coordinating (more or less).

"I don't agree that Lord Moon is boring, though. How could he be? There must be so much to do and see, up there."

((I admit I'm kind of picturing the bastard child of square dance and matsuri odori here, and I have no idea if that's what the honorable Kinsen actually had in mind :lol: ))
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:22 pm
Having left the hostess in the hands of a Mysterious Stranger, Misaki looks around for another dance partner and spots someone in a similar mask watching proceedings. Did they need a dance partner? Did they even want one?

The maskless Crane woman walks over to them to find out.

"Greetings. This one is Misaki of the Doji. I don't suppose you would care to dance with me?"
For the sake of the proceedings themselves, Nozomi had managed to find some time with the Bayushi at some point in the evening, though it was hardly as if the kitten was the only one she had to dance with the other. The monk turned her gaze through the mask towards the approaching Crane, raising an eyebrow behind her own mask. Bowing in turn, she extended a hand, starting to move away from the wall, one hand holding the cup in it with ease.

"Well, that's what we came to do, I suppose isn't it? Nozomi. Just an old monk and an acquaintance of Hantei-sama. Showing a little support to the family," she said as she started to move. "I thought most of us were wearing masks tonight. Almost took me back to my childhood."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:39 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:01 pm

"Hm. Hantei's honored lady lives up to her reputation." It was a rather colorful reputation, after all!

Kogi's habit of subconsciously mirroring the person she is interacting with in any unfamiliar situations and activities runs headlong into Genji's efforts to match her movements. The result is a few measures of a dance in which both partners are trying to follow the other one's lead and no one is actually leading, until eventually both get a feel for coordinating (more or less).

"I don't agree that Lord Moon is boring, though. How could he be? There must be so much to do and see, up there."

((I admit I'm kind of picturing the bastard child of square dance and matsuri odori here, and I have no idea if that's what the honorable Kinsen actually had in mind :lol: ))
Genji finally settled into a comfortably awkward shuffle opposite of Neko-san. "Ah, I see. So you have heard of her." He smiled behind the mask, though how much of it was visible behind the dark cloth was a different question. His face muscles contracted the right way, at least. "Aha, but the stars make it bright and interesting. I am just there. Going about my business, doing what a moon does." What did the moon do though?

"Oh, before I forget." He pulled a small staghead pin from the cloth, handing it over to her. "You have impressed the Lord Moon tonight, Neko-san."

OOC: +1 ball point!
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:19 pm
"Only those provided by a life spent singing for ceremonies and celebrations. You could say I learned how to fail as discreetly as possible."

That mellow baritone chuckle, and he continued, "I guess you could say my duties have varied over the years, and taken me to many places."

With a faint bow, he adeptly retrieved his drink which he had left dangling from one hand, grasping the stone gourd and taking a sip, the motion hidden by the shroud.

"I must say, without training, you still put many to shame, so whatever natural instinct you follow, it seems it leads you well."
"Maybe the kami decided to help me in this day, especially after yesterday's failure at gaining the favor in the court. I guess it would not be expected on a Crab, especially when people pay more attention to her faults wondering where such a scar could come from." The mask on the woman was barely covering her, so the grand scar that was part of her face was easy to see. "In any case, I am most interested in your background. I had never seen someone such as yourself."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Kawauso raises a hand to her chin in thought, then smiles and stands tall. "I don't know about other stags, but this one is quite a swimmer." She lowers her volume a bit as she steps out of her ball character. "Swims like a river otter, honestly."
Slowly the rather obvious lame Fox-wearing Yatsufusa approached to where the Stag and the Cat talked. He bowed to them.

'' A good choice for such an event, Stag-sama...'' He said to the stag mask wearing person. '' A show of respect for the host of the Event would not pass unnoticed. This one likes the amount of detail and work done, might i add.'' He said politely and truthfuly.

He also turned to bow to the other person talking to the stag wearing mask one. '' Cat-san, it is an honor.'' He said to the masked scorpion.

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Etiquette (courtesy - no emph)/Awa, Benten's - 61

*Show a bit of praise to Kawauso.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:39 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:

Genji finally settled into a comfortably awkward shuffle opposite of Neko-san. "Ah, I see. So you have heard of her." He smiled behind the mask, though how much of it was visible behind the dark cloth was a different question. His face muscles contracted the right way, at least. "Aha, but the stars make it bright and interesting. I am just there. Going about my business, doing what a moon does." What did the moon do though?

"Oh, before I forget." He pulled a small staghead pin from the cloth, handing it over to her. "You have impressed the Lord Moon tonight, Neko-san."

Neko-san is not flushing, because Neko-san's face was impervious carved wood. Kogi's face might be another matter, but no one needs to know about that one way or another. "Why... thank you, Lord Moon. How very kind."

She takes the pin and carefully threads it into the thicker fabric of her collar. "This is quite an honor for a little cat-star. Do you have to go and shine on other stars tonight, too?"
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm
"Then let's swim around and find a fish." Sasori giggled. "You should have wore an otter mask instead of a stag... nya" She winked from behind her mask.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:39 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:

Neko-san is not flushing, because Neko-san's face was impervious carved wood. Kogi's face might be another matter, but no one needs to know about that one way or another. "Why... thank you, Lord Moon. How very kind."

She takes the pin and carefully threads it into the thicker fabric of her collar. "This is quite an honor for a little cat-star. Do you have to go and shine on other stars tonight, too?"
"As a host that would only be priper, alas Neko-san. Lord Moon's duties are never ending." He gave her a small bow. "I enjoyed our brief dance together, I hope you had a similar experience."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:20 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm
For the sake of the proceedings themselves, Nozomi had managed to find some time with the Bayushi at some point in the evening, though it was hardly as if the kitten was the only one she had to dance with the other. The monk turned her gaze through the mask towards the approaching Crane, raising an eyebrow behind her own mask. Bowing in turn, she extended a hand, starting to move away from the wall, one hand holding the cup in it with ease.

"Well, that's what we came to do, I suppose isn't it? Nozomi. Just an old monk and an acquaintance of Hantei-sama. Showing a little support to the family," she said as she started to move. "I thought most of us were wearing masks tonight. Almost took me back to my childhood."
"Most are wearing masks, hai. I suppose I am not the most comfortable with masks though... I figured so long as I am here having a good time and dancing, people might be willing to overlook that. I hope I have not offended, Nozomi-sama."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:20 pm
"Most are wearing masks, hai. I suppose I am not the most comfortable with masks though... I figured so long as I am here having a good time and dancing, people might be willing to overlook that. I hope I have not offended, Nozomi-sama."
"Oh, I'm almost impossible to actually offend, trust me." She snorted and managed a rather dry chuckle. "There's ways, but you're not causing any fuss with me right now. This whole situation is ... outside of a simple monk's experience to begin with. But since you are here to enjoy yourself, the question I would ask is 'are you?'" It wasn't that important to her, but she was at least a little curious.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am
"That would be a most unfortunate loss if it turns out true. Duty is important, I will never argue that point, but to be the best in our duty we must also have space for our hearts. Plus this world needs to see the beauty you could create."

The mask considers a well manicured hand for a moment, "As for my desires... I have lived a longer life so most have been fulfilled or are in the process. Now I desire to aid others in finding and achieving their own."
Ayano tilted her head at comment, "Lady Raven's words imply a certain selflessness but I think there may be more to it then that..." She smiled, "After all satisfying another's wants often leaves them indebted to you does it not Lady Raven?"

Despite her attempt to sound aloof, small tinges of red can be seen on her cheeks, almost hidden by the mask.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted