[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Akodo Kawauso

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:13 am

"Ah, the opportunity goes to Mother Moon alas, I am just here to be your humble host." He waved towards his mother. "Carving? That is a skill highly regarded among some of the Stag, so you have found the right audience."
The stag-masked Lion laughs, light and polite. "Please, uh, carry my, er, our thanks to Mother Moon-sama, then. And, ah... Is Lord Moon-sama one who highly regards carving?" She asks, nervous and coy at the same time.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 pm

"Maybe the kami decided to help me in this day, especially after yesterday's failure at gaining the favor in the court. I guess it would not be expected on a Crab, especially when people pay more attention to her faults wondering where such a scar could come from." The mask on the woman was barely covering her, so the grand scar that was part of her face was easy to see. "In any case, I am most interested in your background. I had never seen someone such as yourself."
"Ah, I'm one of the Ongaku, once of the Takemori tribe."

She couldn't see his face, so he tried to inflect. "A scribe and courier now, once I was a priest of sorts, and before that I was child to a farmer and his ogre wife." His voice was level, reciting his history with only the slightest humor at the strange ways life could change.

"I admit, I had not thought it a fault to bear a scar, Anjing-san, rather a mark of some interesting experience, one of those twists of fate which shape us."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:13 am

"Ah, the opportunity goes to Mother Moon alas, I am just here to be your humble host." He waved towards his mother. "Carving? That is a skill highly regarded among some of the Stag, so you have found the right audience."
The stag-masked Lion laughs, light and polite. "Please, uh, carry my, er, our thanks to Mother Moon-sama, then. And, ah... Is Lord Moon-sama one who highly regards carving?" She asks, nervous and coy at the same time.
The lucky cat returns with four drinks on a tray. A sake for the Stag Lion girl, and two teas one for the Lord Moon and one for Mr Fox and glass of water for herself. "I hope you enjoy your drinks." Sasori bowed.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:30 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:12 pm

The lucky cat returns with four drinks on a tray. A sake for the Stag Lion girl, and two teas one for the Lord Moon and one for Mr Fox and glass of water for herself. "I hope you enjoy your drinks." Sasori bowed.
"Bay--er, cat-san, thank you," Kawauso says enthusiastically as drinks appear. Without looking too closely, she's quick to take her glass and a first drink--and regret it.

"Mm-MMM," she stifles a choke on the strong drink. "Ahem. Wasn't, um... Ok, thank you, cat-san," Kawauso says with a glare. Friend Scorpion playing a little trick on me. Or not: I didn't say what I wanted...
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:50 pm
Whether or not Kinsen got something out of these proceedings other than sheer enjoyment and the good favor of the courts was always difficult for Nozomi to pin down, though she would be among the first to admit that her comprehension of court life had not improved over the last decade. She'd been meaning to address that, out of necessity. "I think the empire would do well to remember to let its hair down, once in a while." She managed not to sound acrid as she said it, joining Misaki in the slow motions of one of the courtly dances.

"Feel free to take the lead, Doji-sama," she said as she allowed her to start the motions. "I'm pretty sure I can handle two things at once if you can. Closeness is ... fine." It was, after all, just courtly dance and that was the point of the whole thing. She'd already danced with Sasori as is.
"Hai, as you say."

The Doji woman took the lead, certainly seeming to know her way around the dance. Like she'd done with Kinsen though, Misaki actually payed more attention to Nozomi's movements than the actual steps of the dance, making sure to take things at the monk's pace.

"If that is what you think as well, then I am doubly glad to have come to this 'ball' of Hantei-sama's. Not only did I get to meet interesting people, but I also got the chance to share in a collective shaping of people's winters, in a small way."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:06 am

"Fox-san speaks wisely, and I fear still gives too much credit to an unknown stag," she says, sounding a little more confident -- leaving overwhelmed and seeing, though still far off on the horizon, coy?
'' One should give compliments when they are deserved, Stag-san.'' The fox chuckled a bit behind the mask. '' In any case, the intentionality and the spirit is what matters, at least in this fox's opinion.'' He added.

then he took a pause to observe the ball and its surroundings.

'' This one assumes that Stag-san was invited to theImperial Capital due to the wedding, right? Or is Stag-san a native inhabitant of this region?'' He asked politely.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:18 pm

"Arigatou Cat-san." Since Neko-san was already taken, he went his a way, grabbing the offered tea. It was probably better for his digestive system than anything stronger.

"Oh, I only have a passing interest, but many in the Seppun place great value on it as a skill and an art. I'm just a humble admirer. I dabble in poetry, on occasion. Bad poetry, mostly."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm
"Hai, as you say."

The Doji woman took the lead, certainly seeming to know her way around the dance. Like she'd done with Kinsen though, Misaki actually payed more attention to Nozomi's movements than the actual steps of the dance, making sure to take things at the monk's pace.

"If that is what you think as well, then I am doubly glad to have come to this 'ball' of Hantei-sama's. Not only did I get to meet interesting people, but I also got the chance to share in a collective shaping of people's winters, in a small way."
Nozomi's movements relied on two things, rather than familiarity with the dance steps themselves. As she moved, it was like she was aware of everything around her. Neither of them came anywhere near the others, giving them ample space to move on their own. It just never seemed to happen. This, along with her natural grace and a bit of effort, and she was keeping pace with the Doji's motions cleanly enough.

"Mmm, we are always the shapers of each other's destiny with our interactions, in small ways and great. Not everything is a titan's blow to the wall after all."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:18 pm
"If Fox-sama permits, I shall take my leave to locate this rare pigment for her." Tengu smirked as well, thoroughly enjoying the challenge he'd been given.
"Of course, Tengu-san. Looking forward to uncover these mysteries when we meet again, without masks." She says while providing a departure bow.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:55 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:56 pm

'' One should give compliments when they are deserved, Stag-san.'' The fox chuckled a bit behind the mask. '' In any case, the intentionality and the spirit is what matters, at least in this fox's opinion.'' He added.

then he took a pause to observe the ball and its surroundings.

'' This one assumes that Stag-san was invited to theImperial Capital due to the wedding, right? Or is Stag-san a native inhabitant of this region?'' He asked politely.
"Ah, no, fox-san, this is not my home. But I also had other business in the capital, besides the great wedding." Perhaps my cat friend was right about the sake anyway, Kawauso realizes, the drink having calmed her nerves noticeably.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:18 pm
"Oh, I only have a passing interest, but many in the Seppun place great value on it as a skill and an art. I'm just a humble admirer. I dabble in poetry, on occasion. Bad poetry, mostly."
"Fox-san remains too generous in his praise, but if he or Lord Moon-sama wishes to see more of a humble stag's modest work, that could certainly be arranged." Once the words were out, Kawauso flushed with terror and embarrassment, but no sound would come out of her mouth to backtrack the suggestion. I don't... I can't... I have no... Good kami.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:57 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:29 pm
"Of course, Tengu-san. Looking forward to uncover these mysteries when we meet again, without masks." She says while providing a departure bow.
"Until next time then, Fox-sama." Tengu bows deeply in return, then turns and makes his way into the crowd.

/exit
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:00 pm
Nozomi's movements relied on two things, rather than familiarity with the dance steps themselves. As she moved, it was like she was aware of everything around her. Neither of them came anywhere near the others, giving them ample space to move on their own. It just never seemed to happen. This, along with her natural grace and a bit of effort, and she was keeping pace with the Doji's motions cleanly enough.

"Mmm, we are always the shapers of each other's destiny with our interactions, in small ways and great. Not everything is a titan's blow to the wall after all."
"All the more reason to think about the small things like this."

She paused in talking a bit as they danced together before speaking up again, "It may be an overused phrase, I think, but you seem like quite the natural at dancing; You're following my lead without even seeming like trying and you're picking everything up very quickly."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:28 pm
"All the more reason to think about the small things like this."

She paused in talking a bit as they danced together before speaking up again, "It may be an overused phrase, I think, but you seem like quite the natural at dancing; You're following my lead without even seeming like trying and you're picking everything up very quickly."
"One of the secrets of life is to act as if you know what you're doing, and pay attention to your surroundings. If you can do that, many won't ever know that you're actually clueless." The wink was almost audible under that mask of hers. she clearly found this a little too amusing. Admittedly, she was cheating a bit because of monastic awareness, but it was a constant thing that she utilized, so it was almost like second nature for her at this point.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 pm
"One of the secrets of life is to act as if you know what you're doing, and pay attention to your surroundings. If you can do that, many won't ever know that you're actually clueless." The wink was almost audible under that mask of hers. she clearly found this a little too amusing. Admittedly, she was cheating a bit because of monastic awareness, but it was a constant thing that she utilized, so it was almost like second nature for her at this point.
"That's fair. I wish I were more aware of my surroundings sometimes. My sensei back home used to say I was a little... spacey sometimes."

A small smile, the song wrapping up and the dance slowly coming to a close, Misaki taking a step back and bowing as the two of them fully came to a stop.

"Either way, I think that went quite well. I am happy to have had this opportunity to dance with you, Nozomi-sama. Your awareness and experience shown through like your unique beauty, so it was quite the little experience."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 am
"That's fair. I wish I were more aware of my surroundings sometimes. My sensei back home used to say I was a little... spacey sometimes."

A small smile, the song wrapping up and the dance slowly coming to a close, Misaki taking a step back and bowing as the two of them fully came to a stop.

"Either way, I think that went quite well. I am happy to have had this opportunity to dance with you, Nozomi-sama. Your awareness and experience shown through like your unique beauty, so it was quite the little experience."
"Heh. My 'beauty' is an acquired taste." She was well aware that her pallor and red eyes intimidated more than they pleased any eyes but Shinsei's. She'd never been one who sought to be pretty, even in her soul, as she suspected this woman likely meant. "But yes. It was a pleasure. And the kind of awareness I have of this world is hard to describe."

How did one say you could feel every heartbeat in the room around you without sounding horribly creepy about it? "But still, it is a thing that can be learned. With time. It just takes... focus. To put the mind in the here and now. I have a difficulty myself seeing the forest for the many trees that surround me."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:05 am

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 am
"Heh. My 'beauty' is an acquired taste." She was well aware that her pallor and red eyes intimidated more than they pleased any eyes but Shinsei's. She'd never been one who sought to be pretty, even in her soul, as she suspected this woman likely meant. "But yes. It was a pleasure. And the kind of awareness I have of this world is hard to describe."

How did one say you could feel every heartbeat in the room around you without sounding horribly creepy about it? "But still, it is a thing that can be learned. With time. It just takes... focus. To put the mind in the here and now. I have a difficulty myself seeing the forest for the many trees that surround me."
"I suppose that is my problem there; I always tend to let my mind wander, as it were. Always thinking of the next thing to do, the next project, the next... Well, I think you may get the point there. As to what you said about your beauty..."

The Doji woman seems to think a moment, "You... must understand, Nozomi-sama, that there are different types of beauty than just being conventionally 'pretty'. You have a very beautiful soul, the eyes and demeanor of one who has seen much and has much to share, but has chosen the path of quiet peace."

She shook her head softly, "Apologies if that's a bit vague. I just tend to see people, places, and things as kind of 'auras' of sorts, a collection of things that make them up rather than just what I can see. Perhaps it is because I've worked with so many types of people, maybe it's because of my spiritual upbringing as a priestess. Regardless, even if your looks may be unconventional, just know that that is not solely what I meant regardless."

Another smaller bow, this one in apologies for her own eccentricities.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:20 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:05 am
"I suppose that is my problem there; I always tend to let my mind wander, as it were. Always thinking of the next thing to do, the next project, the next... Well, I think you may get the point there. As to what you said about your beauty..."

The Doji woman seems to think a moment, "You... must understand, Nozomi-sama, that there are different types of beauty than just being conventionally 'pretty'. You have a very beautiful soul, the eyes and demeanor of one who has seen much and has much to share, but has chosen the path of quiet peace."

She shook her head softly, "Apologies if that's a bit vague. I just tend to see people, places, and things as kind of 'auras' of sorts, a collection of things that make them up rather than just what I can see. Perhaps it is because I've worked with so many types of people, maybe it's because of my spiritual upbringing as a priestess. Regardless, even if your looks may be unconventional, just know that that is not solely what I meant regardless."

Another smaller bow, this one in apologies for her own eccentricities.
"No, I believe I understand. I once knew a girl whose mind would wander to all manner of places, long ago. She could not see the world as you or I, but perceived it through the void. And so her mind seemed to wander to many places ours do not. Interesting woman." She often thought about Haka, even if she didn't say it to others. She'd been... unique.

"And yes, I suspected that is what you meant. They say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I find that I often see my own as full of old stains forever scrubbed." In her own mind, even if she had put death aside long ago, she was forever scrubbing the blood from her hands. "But I do understand the desire to see something worthy in all beings. To find that which is worthy in anyone you meet. It is ... one of the Doji's finer qualities." She refrained from saying that it might have been the only thing she truly saw in common with their kami. She returned the bow, smiling wryly behind her mask.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:33 am

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:20 am
"No, I believe I understand. I once knew a girl whose mind would wander to all manner of places, long ago. She could not see the world as you or I, but perceived it through the void. And so her mind seemed to wander to many places ours do not. Interesting woman." She often thought about Haka, even if she didn't say it to others. She'd been... unique.

"And yes, I suspected that is what you meant. They say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I find that I often see my own as full of old stains forever scrubbed." In her own mind, even if she had put death aside long ago, she was forever scrubbing the blood from her hands. "But I do understand the desire to see something worthy in all beings. To find that which is worthy in anyone you meet. It is ... one of the Doji's finer qualities." She refrained from saying that it might have been the only thing she truly saw in common with their kami. She returned the bow, smiling wryly behind her mask.
"She sounds like a most interesting and gifted woman indeed. And I am glad I can be someone who might reflect some of the better qualities of the Clan. If you are ever in Lady Doji-sama's lands, I would be more than happy to have you in for tea, to rest your feet, or talk some more. Though with the way the winter is shaping up, I feel like we will likely be seeing more of each other before the roads are even close to cleared."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:45 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:33 am
"She sounds like a most interesting and gifted woman indeed. And I am glad I can be someone who might reflect some of the better qualities of the Clan. If you are ever in Lady Doji-sama's lands, I would be more than happy to have you in for tea, to rest your feet, or talk some more. Though with the way the winter is shaping up, I feel like we will likely be seeing more of each other before the roads are even close to cleared."
"Oh yes, you'll probably see me around. It seems we're under the same roof at least for a little while. I may even get to introduce you to my daughter soon enough. Little spitfire in her mother's image, that one." She sounded amused by the thought. If only most Crane were like this. "And Shoji Haka was ... one of a kind. You were never quite the same after speaking to her. She had a unique freedom about her, to walk blind into the very depths of madness without the eyes to see why she should be afraid."

She was also a morbid, macabre woman who constantly joked about how she could die on a given day, but Nozomi thought that was an amusing trait.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:00 am

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:45 am
"Oh yes, you'll probably see me around. It seems we're under the same roof at least for a little while. I may even get to introduce you to my daughter soon enough. Little spitfire in her mother's image, that one." She sounded amused by the thought. If only most Crane were like this. "And Shoji Haka was ... one of a kind. You were never quite the same after speaking to her. She had a unique freedom about her, to walk blind into the very depths of madness without the eyes to see why she should be afraid."

She was also a morbid, macabre woman who constantly joked about how she could die on a given day, but Nozomi thought that was an amusing trait.
"By your use of the past tense, I take it she is no longer with us. Well, such is the way of the world, but my condolences never-the-less. Still, it sounds as if it is not just the past but the future you speak of. If I get the chance to meet your daughter, that sounds like it would be nice; I do so like children, usually."