[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:06 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 am

“Oh!” The Fox remembers, and already having been offered the third time, now, she bows to the stone man in gratitude. “The green nail polish! What a surprise. All these years and this has been remembered. The Fox is humbled, as well as the other creature behind its mask.”
The bottle is relinquished, and the head of the mask nods. Then, the stone gives a short bow to the pair, and moves away.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 am
“Oh!” The Fox remembers, and already having been offered the third time, now, she bows to the stone man in gratitude. “The green nail polish! What a surprise. All these years and this has been remembered. The Fox is humbled, as well as the other creature behind its mask.”
The gift exchange completed, the Tengu turns back to the Fox with a smile. "A most interesting gift, Fox-sama, to say the least. It is for painting your nails?" This seemed to intrigue the Tengu greatly.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:57 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 am

"Red star heh? I shall certainly be on the look out then, Neko-san"

He bowed and moved away, observing the other guests, before miving in closer.

"Fox-san, Stag-san, Lord Moon finds your creativity and skill in high regard. Would you accept these tokensas a gesture?" He offered them both a pin each.
'' It is a great honor, Lord Moon-sama...'' The fox masked dragon bows to the moon. '' Indeed it has been a quite fascinating event, full of colors and imagination. This one has had a great time this evening. '' He said politely.

Then he turned to look at the Cat and the Stag interactions. The fox noticed that playful way of the cat and how it put the stag in a strange situation, though behind the mask, Yatsu only smiled. Then he listened with attention to what the stag was saying.
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:37 am

"Ahem," she says to both men, trying to think fast. "The carving, um, is surely not so special. I'm no artist, just a warrior with a small penchant for whittling." One absent-minded hand gently adjusts the mask as she smiles modestly.
'' And yet it carries your personal mark and it shows the beauty and creativity you bring forth, Stag-san.'' He added. '' A warrior with an artistic heart indeed.''
Sasori pouted when held by Kawauso. "Nya!" is all she said as she waited to be released or addressed.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 am
"They may even be right... but only if the tree thrives and grows. Were it choked by vines or overshadowed by the very branches from which its seed first fell it would grow no fruit - sweet or otherwise. Its destiny would be squandered, the lost traveler left starving, and the world diminished by the loss of both."
"Perhaps it is the hardships the tree faces that leads them to believe it's fruit is so sweet." Ayano stands straighter, she was still tired but her weakness had been on display long enough as it was. "Or at least that is what I presume some monk or philosopher might say if asked on the subject."

She looks down in thought, "But truthfully...at least with plants...cultivation is the key, if sweet fruits came so easily from the wilds then why would so any waste time on planting orchards."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:

'' And yet it carries your personal mark and it shows the beauty and creativity you bring forth, Stag-san.'' He added. '' A warrior with an artistic heart indeed.''
The stag-masked Lion is thankful that her mask and the lighting don't reveal her blush, although the cat-masked Scorpion can feel her slightly pulling away from the attention. The conflict in Kawauso is somewhat clear as she tries to manage appropriate words.

"Fox-san is most kind, ah, but surely one, um, carving, no matter how fine, does not make an artist. Perhaps... simply a lucky stag," she suggests, nervousness not fully chasing the smile from her face. "And clearly lucky, this one is, to have received so much kind attention..." The hand not clinging to Sasori waves lightly at her face, which is much warmer than Kawauso is used to.

At Sasori's cat-like objection, Kawauso relents in her grip. "Um, dear friend, perhaps you'd be so kind as to find me a new drink? I, um..." She waves her hands vaguely. "Please," she says earnestly, looking into the eye holes of the cat mask.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:56 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:00 pm

The stag-masked Lion is thankful that her mask and the lighting don't reveal her blush, although the cat-masked Scorpion can feel her slightly pulling away from the attention. The conflict in Kawauso is somewhat clear as she tries to manage appropriate words.

"Fox-san is most kind, ah, but surely one, um, carving, no matter how fine, does not make an artist. Perhaps... simply a lucky stag," she suggests, nervousness not fully chasing the smile from her face. "And clearly lucky, this one is, to have received so much kind attention..." The hand not clinging to Sasori waves lightly at her face, which is much warmer than Kawauso is used to.

At Sasori's cat-like objection, Kawauso relents in her grip. "Um, dear friend, perhaps you'd be so kind as to find me a new drink? I, um..." She waves her hands vaguely. "Please," she says earnestly, looking into the eye holes of the cat mask.
'' I don't agree with that statement. In this one's opinion, artistic expression is created by expressing feelings. Everyone can be an artist in a moment of inspiration. Sure, there are those that could be considered masters, as in everything that ningen experience.'' He told them.

'' But, the expression of one's condition in a particular moment of their passage of time is as valid, even coming from someone who would not be a master. It is the intention, and the background of what that creative energy brings to the world that embellish it. As the tree that in autumm and winters sees it leaves wither but it blooms and becomes alive in spring. Bringing color and beauty to the world.''
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:09 pm

Sasori went to get the drinks. Some tea for herself and some sake for the Stag as ordered. She is used to be ordered sometimes she complies other she just does whatever. She allows the other two men converse with the Lion/Stag. Besides she had fished quite the pair. Sasori just giggled on her way to the drinks.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:06 am

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:56 pm

'' I don't agree with that statement. In this one's opinion, artistic expression is created by expressing feelings. Everyone can be an artist in a moment of inspiration. Sure, there are those that could be considered masters, as in everything that ningen experience.'' He told them.

'' But, the expression of one's condition in a particular moment of their passage of time is as valid, even coming from someone who would not be a master. It is the intention, and the background of what that creative energy brings to the world that embellish it. As the tree that in autumm and winters sees it leaves wither but it blooms and becomes alive in spring. Bringing color and beauty to the world.''
Kawauso's eyes get a little wide at the explanation, conflicted between the length and the clearly generous heart complimenting her work.

"Fox-san speaks wisely, and I fear still gives too much credit to an unknown stag," she says, sounding a little more confident -- leaving overwhelmed and seeing, though still far off on the horizon, coy?
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:27 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:25 pm
"Perhaps it is the hardships the tree faces that leads them to believe it's fruit is so sweet." Ayano stands straighter, she was still tired but her weakness had been on display long enough as it was. "Or at least that is what I presume some monk or philosopher might say if asked on the subject."

She looks down in thought, "But truthfully...at least with plants...cultivation is the key, if sweet fruits came so easily from the wilds then why would so any waste time on planting orchards."
"A wise flower indeed." The raven extends her manicured hand, "Would you care for a last dance of the evening?"

/scene?
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:30 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:27 am
"A wise flower indeed." The raven extends her manicured hand, "Would you care for a last dance of the evening?"

/scene?
Ayano's blush, hidden mostly by the mask, and her gentle grip on the offered hand were her response. She smiled as Lady Raven lead her back to the dance.

/scene
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:10 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:06 pm
The bottle is relinquished, and the head of the mask nods. Then, the stone gives a short bow to the pair, and moves away.
Kinsen maintains the thankful bow until the figure disappears from their immediate view. She has an idea now of whom Stone-san could be.
Hadananzi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:08 pm
The gift exchange completed, the Tengu turns back to the Fox with a smile. "A most interesting gift, Fox-sama, to say the least. It is for painting your nails?" This seemed to intrigue the Tengu greatly.
“It is something that has mentioned to an old friend a long time ago. I do love to paint my nails. Actually, I’ve always had them painted after I’ve met the Kami. It is nice, though, to change colors from time to time. I usually favor red. Green does give an extra spark.”

Looking to Hadananzi again, she asks, “What is the color of Tengu-san’s preference?”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:22 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:10 am
“It is something that has mentioned to an old friend a long time ago. I do love to paint my nails. Actually, I’ve always had them painted after I’ve met the Kami. It is nice, though, to change colors from time to time. I usually favor red. Green does give an extra spark.”

Looking to Hadananzi again, she asks, “What is the color of Tengu-san’s preference?”
"The deepest and rarest of purple hue is my favorite color, Fox-sama." He inclined his head slightly. "I've not met anyone who has a preference for painting their nails before. Tell me, how did they achieve that shade of green?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:28 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:22 am
"The deepest and rarest of purple hue is my favorite color, Fox-sama." He inclined his head slightly. "I've not met anyone who has a preference for painting their nails before. Tell me, how did they achieve that shade of green?"
She smirks, and plays a bit, “Well. If Tengu-san finds me this deepest and rarest purple hue for me to see if I like to use, then I’ll share share the secrets of this shade of green. What does the cunning bird man say?”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:28 am
She smirks, and plays a bit, “Well. If Tengu-san finds me this deepest and rarest purple hue for me to see if I like to use, then I’ll share share the secrets of this shade of green. What does the cunning bird man say?”
"Ah, a challenge. I do so enjoy a clever woman. Very well, I shall find this rare shade of purple for you in exchange for the secrets of the green shade. This arrangement is perfectly fair to me." He offers a small bow as if to seal the agreement.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:16 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:16 pm
She chuckled dryly. "I lost the portion of me that was well known for having fun a long time ago." She couldn't help it. She did enjoy herself, but she could be a dry, gruff person most days, and she knew it. "Though there is a bit of an infectious quality to the air to relax oneself. I think that I suppose if I am enjoying anything, it is that I have not actually danced in a long time. It's a pleasant thing, though the Stag's dances are less ribald than the ones I used to know. Still, it is not quite as ... formal an affair as I'd expected."

She didn't honestly know what to expect with Kinsen most days. The woman was mercurial and unpredictable.
"I feel like it really worked as something less formal; I could have danced formally if required, but this seems like a better way to get people to know each other, destress, and keep warm on a blustery day."

Not once did Misaki think that maybe it was so Kinsen could get something out of that.

"Speaking of formal dancing, or not..."

She motioned for Nozomi to join her in a slower dance, "I suppose we could just talk more if you wish, but I would so like to dance with you a bit. If you are uncomfortable with closeness, I could simply be a lead if you wish."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:35 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 am
"Ah, a challenge. I do so enjoy a clever woman. Very well, I shall find this rare shade of purple for you in exchange for the secrets of the green shade. This arrangement is perfectly fair to me." He offers a small bow as if to seal the agreement.
Fox-sama offer a bow in return, the amused smirk on her lips still there.

TN to be recognized is 0

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:29 am

The man in the stone mask dances, following the beat, his way across the floor again, to the opposite wall. Once there, he finds an area to watch the rest of the party.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:13 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:37 am

The stag-masked Lion was quick to bow, gaining herself a moment to breath in the midst of all this attention.

"I am greatly honored, Lord Moon-sama," she says sincerely. "It is a lovely event and, um, thank you for the opportunity to be creative." Kawauso had managed to form a polite smile that was clearly visible below her wood stag mask.

Looking to the side at her Scorpion/cat friend, Kawauso's cheeks redden at the fish comment. "Lucky cat," the Lion hisses as her friend giggles. Before the other woman can abandon her, Kawauso snags Sasori's arm and holds on tightly.

"Ahem," she says to both men, trying to think fast. "The carving, um, is surely not so special. I'm no artist, just a warrior with a small penchant for whittling." One absent-minded hand gently adjusts the mask as she smiles modestly.
"Ah, the opportunity goes to Mother Moon alas, I am just here to be your humble host." He waved towards his mother. "Carving? That is a skill highly regarded among some of the Stag, so you have found the right audience."
Saru Yatsufusa wrote:

'' It is a great honor, Lord Moon-sama...'' The fox masked dragon bows to the moon. '' Indeed it has been a quite fascinating event, full of colors and imagination. This one has had a great time this evening. '' He said politely.

Then he turned to look at the Cat and the Stag interactions. The fox noticed that playful way of the cat and how it put the stag in a strange situation, though behind the mask, Yatsu only smiled. Then he listened with attention to what the stag was saying.
"Oh, we are so glad you are enjoying yourself." He practically beamed, like how a moon does. Or something.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:50 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:16 am
"I feel like it really worked as something less formal; I could have danced formally if required, but this seems like a better way to get people to know each other, destress, and keep warm on a blustery day."

Not once did Misaki think that maybe it was so Kinsen could get something out of that.

"Speaking of formal dancing, or not..."

She motioned for Nozomi to join her in a slower dance, "I suppose we could just talk more if you wish, but I would so like to dance with you a bit. If you are uncomfortable with closeness, I could simply be a lead if you wish."
Whether or not Kinsen got something out of these proceedings other than sheer enjoyment and the good favor of the courts was always difficult for Nozomi to pin down, though she would be among the first to admit that her comprehension of court life had not improved over the last decade. She'd been meaning to address that, out of necessity. "I think the empire would do well to remember to let its hair down, once in a while." She managed not to sound acrid as she said it, joining Misaki in the slow motions of one of the courtly dances.

"Feel free to take the lead, Doji-sama," she said as she allowed her to start the motions. "I'm pretty sure I can handle two things at once if you can. Closeness is ... fine." It was, after all, just courtly dance and that was the point of the whole thing. She'd already danced with Sasori as is.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:35 am
Fox-sama offer a bow in return, the amused smirk on her lips still there.
"If Fox-sama permits, I shall take my leave to locate this rare pigment for her." Tengu smirked as well, thoroughly enjoying the challenge he'd been given.

Played by GM Bakuriel