[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Doji Tsubaki

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:08 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 pm
Ayano tilted her head at comment, "Lady Raven's words imply a certain selflessness but I think there may be more to it then that..." She smiled, "After all satisfying another's wants often leaves them indebted to you does it not Lady Raven?"

Despite her attempt to sound aloof, small tinges of red can be seen on her cheeks, almost hidden by the mask.
"Indebted is a strong word... though I suppose apt for some truly vast and ambitious desires." She once again regards a hand, the nails painted white with red tips, "I prefer to think of it as scratching another's back in turn for them scratching yours." She rakes the hand lightly through the air as if in demonstration.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:41 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:08 am
"Indebted is a strong word... though I suppose apt for some truly vast and ambitious desires." She once again regards a hand, the nails painted white with red tips, "I prefer to think of it as scratching another's back in turn for them scratching yours." She rakes the hand lightly through the air as if in demonstration.
"Still a favor owed," Ayano responds, "What sort of desires does Lady Raven help others realize? And what sort of favors are taken in turn?" Her eyes were still following the nails until they returned to the Raven's side.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:52 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:07 pm
"Oh, I'm almost impossible to actually offend, trust me." She snorted and managed a rather dry chuckle. "There's ways, but you're not causing any fuss with me right now. This whole situation is ... outside of a simple monk's experience to begin with. But since you are here to enjoy yourself, the question I would ask is 'are you?'" It wasn't that important to her, but she was at least a little curious.
"Oh, yes Nozomi-sama, I am. It is nice and warm in here and the people here seem to feel willing to let themselves enjoy themselves, which is something I think is a bit contagious. More or less so depending on the person."

She spoke with her hands folded in front of herself, the former priestess's clothes quite simple compared to many there though warm looking.

"What about you? You said you are here to show support for others here, but that does not seem to be antithetical to enjoyment. Even for a simple monk, as you say?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:41 am
"Still a favor owed," Ayano responds, "What sort of desires does Lady Raven help others realize? And what sort of favors are taken in turn?" Her eyes were still following the nails until they returned to the Raven's side.
The mask seems to ponder for a moment, "All a matter of scale. Were I to, say, inspire a young artist to break out of their shell then perhaps a piece of art once their skill was established. If their skill and fame then grows, well, that is a valuable item to hold and, if not, well it is at least a pleasant reminder that someone, somewhere is at least trying to put beauty into this world."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:10 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 am
The mask seems to ponder for a moment, "All a matter of scale. Were I to, say, inspire a young artist to break out of their shell then perhaps a piece of art once their skill was established. If their skill and fame then grows, well, that is a valuable item to hold and, if not, well it is at least a pleasant reminder that someone, somewhere is at least trying to put beauty into this world."
"Seems a small price a single work in return for a lifetime of achievements." Ayano's smile had returned and the red had largely disappeared. "The winter is long Lady Raven, perhaps you will have a chance to claim a few such prizes and see the accompany artisans grow."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:26 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:10 am
"Seems a small price a single work in return for a lifetime of achievements." Ayano's smile had returned and the red had largely disappeared. "The winter is long Lady Raven, perhaps you will have a chance to claim a few such prizes and see the accompany artisans grow."
"What is a small price to one may still yield great rewards for another. The tallest tree, bearing the sweetest fruit, still arose from a single humble seed."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:24 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Neko-san is not flushing, because Neko-san's face was impervious carved wood. Kogi's face might be another matter, but no one needs to know about that one way or another. "Why... thank you, Lord Moon. How very kind."

She takes the pin and carefully threads it into the thicker fabric of her collar. "This is quite an honor for a little cat-star. Do you have to go and shine on other stars tonight, too?"
"As a host that would only be priper, alas Neko-san. Lord Moon's duties are never ending." He gave her a small bow. "I enjoyed our brief dance together, I hope you had a similar experience."
[/quote]

"Very much so, Lord Moon. Enjoy the rest of your journey through the night." Neko-san ducks their head playfully.

As Lord Moon is almost out of earshot, the 'cat' adds, "If my lord wants to find me in the sky another time... look for a red star."

With that, she pads away into the crowd.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 am

Rei was enjoying herself more than she had expected. The dancing was particularly fun.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:57 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:26 am
"What is a small price to one may still yield great rewards for another. The tallest tree, bearing the sweetest fruit, still arose from a single humble seed."
Ayano nodded, then glanced away. Something about trees and fruit felt like there might be more there, the sort of thing that made maidens blush. "I suppose Lady Raven is correct but a lot of such trees require years of careful cultivation."

"Though I know some of the ascetic philosophers would say a fruit born in the wild is sweeter then one domesticated with care."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm

"Then let's swim around and find a fish." Sasori giggled. "You should have wore an otter mask instead of a stag... nya" She winked from behind her mask.
Kawauso chuckles, getting the metaphor after missing it originally. And she smiles at her conspiratorial scorpion friend's wink as usual.

"I'm an otter everyday, mask or not," she jokes. "Tonight was, uh, being more creative," she says, a tone of disappointment very clearly present. "But, yes, we surely must have a swim," she says with faked enthusiasm.

The arrival of another masked samurai interrupts the planned swim, however.
Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Slowly the rather obvious lame Fox-wearing Yatsufusa approached to where the Stag and the Cat talked. He bowed to them.

'' A good choice for such an event, Stag-sama...'' He said to the stag mask wearing person. '' A show of respect for the host of the Event would not pass unnoticed. This one likes the amount of detail and work done, might i add.'' He said politely and truthfuly.

He also turned to bow to the other person talking to the stag wearing mask one. '' Cat-san, it is an honor.'' He said to the masked scorpion.
Kawauso's mask helps to hide some of the surprise in her eyes, but she still looks at Sasori, slightly flustered by the attention.

"Um, thank you, fox-san," she says as she turns back to him. "I, ah, was pleased at how the carving turned out." The lower part of her face is visible and he can see her smiling nervously at him. Sounding slightly embarrassed, she says in a lower voice that's still clear to Dragon and Scorpion, "I thought fox-san would not be interested to speak after I got so... enthusiastic... during our dancing." She has some difficulty keeping her chin up instead of looking at the ground.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:57 am
Ayano nodded, then glanced away. Something about trees and fruit felt like there might be more there, the sort of thing that made maidens blush. "I suppose Lady Raven is correct but a lot of such trees require years of careful cultivation."

"Though I know some of the ascetic philosophers would say a fruit born in the wild is sweeter then one domesticated with care."
"They may even be right... but only if the tree thrives and grows. Were it choked by vines or overshadowed by the very branches from which its seed first fell it would grow no fruit - sweet or otherwise. Its destiny would be squandered, the lost traveler left starving, and the world diminished by the loss of both."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:52 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 am

"Um, thank you, fox-san," she says as she turns back to him. "I, ah, was pleased at how the carving turned out." The lower part of her face is visible and he can see her smiling nervously at him. Sounding slightly embarrassed, she says in a lower voice that's still clear to Dragon and Scorpion, "I thought fox-san would not be interested to speak after I got so... enthusiastic... during our dancing." She has some difficulty keeping her chin up instead of looking at the ground.
'' What do you mean? This one had a nice time, and i hope that Stag-san had as well, if not then please accept my apologies.'' Kawauso might had not been the best dancer, neither was Yatsufusa. The masked fox-dragon bowed to her. '' In fact this one must give his thanks to you. You were most kind and courteous to pick this Fox...'' He was certainly pointing to his lame leg, but Yatsufusa was also trying to point the 'blame' over both bad performance towards only him as his fault. '' This one was not sure if would be wise to participate in such an event due to, well, limitations, but Stag-san was most kind. Really. I appreciate it.'' He bowed again.

'' Stag-san seems quite good at artistic carving. Might this one ask if it is only for artistic persuits or for perhaps more part of Stag's-san professional background?'' He asked politely.

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Sincerity (honesty - no emph)/Awa, Benten's - 48
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:24 am

"Very much so, Lord Moon. Enjoy the rest of your journey through the night." Neko-san ducks their head playfully.

As Lord Moon is almost out of earshot, the 'cat' adds, "If my lord wants to find me in the sky another time... look for a red star."

"Red star heh? I shall certainly be on the look out then, Neko-san"

He bowed and moved away, observing the other guests, before miving in closer.

"Fox-san, Stag-san, Lord Moon finds your creativity and skill in high regard. Would you accept these tokensas a gesture?" He offered them both a pin each.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 pm
The bottle is again offered to the woman, even as the other hand lifts the mask just enough to take a drink of his small cup of sake. The bottle is, as more attention is now paid to it, filled with something that has been powdered, and swirls between bright and darker green.
"Oh, I could not accept such gift. I am deeply sorry Stone-san had to bring me his own." Kinsen bows apologetically.
The man pulls the bottle back for a moment, then cocks the head, projecting thinking, then straightens. He opens the bottle, takes a pinch, and carefully stopples it again. Taking that pinch, he adds a drop of his sake, and mixes the two till it makes a fine paste. With this, he covers one of his blunt nails, then points south, pretends to be swinging that hand in an attack, before turning back to her, and offering the bottle again. The nail so covered is now clearly jade-green.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:42 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm

"Oh, I could not accept such gift. I am deeply sorry Stone-san had to bring me his own." Kinsen bows apologetically.
The man pulls the bottle back for a moment, then cocks the head, projecting thinking, then straightens. He opens the bottle, takes a pinch, and carefully stopples it again. Taking that pinch, he adds a drop of his sake, and mixes the two till it makes a fine paste. With this, he covers one of his blunt nails, then points south, pretends to be swinging that hand in an attack, before turning back to her, and offering the bottle again. The nail so covered is now clearly jade-green.
The Tengu mask betrays nothing of the thought process of the man wearing it, but Hadananzi does watch the pantomime act with a curious interest. He can only assume that the Fox knows what is being suggested, and he waits in silence to see how she responds next.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:08 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm

"Then let's swim around and find a fish." Sasori giggled. "You should have wore an otter mask instead of a stag... nya" She winked from behind her mask.
Kawauso chuckles, getting the metaphor after missing it originally. And she smiles at her conspiratorial scorpion friend's wink as usual.

"I'm an otter everyday, mask or not," she jokes. "Tonight was, uh, being more creative," she says, a tone of disappointment very clearly present. "But, yes, we surely must have a swim," she says with faked enthusiasm.

The arrival of another masked samurai interrupts the planned swim, however.
Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Slowly the rather obvious lame Fox-wearing Yatsufusa approached to where the Stag and the Cat talked. He bowed to them.

'' A good choice for such an event, Stag-sama...'' He said to the stag mask wearing person. '' A show of respect for the host of the Event would not pass unnoticed. This one likes the amount of detail and work done, might i add.'' He said politely and truthfuly.

He also turned to bow to the other person talking to the stag wearing mask one. '' Cat-san, it is an honor.'' He said to the masked scorpion.
Kawauso's mask helps to hide some of the surprise in her eyes, but she still looks at Sasori, slightly flustered by the attention.

And Sasori's trickster nature started to itch. She took out her fan and whispered "Nya... seems you had caught a fish Stag san." Then
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:24 am

"Fox-san, Stag-san, Lord Moon finds your creativity and skill in high regard. Would you accept these tokensas a gesture?" He offered them both a pin each.
"more fish nya!" Sasori giggled she probably has blended amongst the ones around.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:37 am

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:52 am

'' What do you mean? This one had a nice time, and i hope that Stag-san had as well, if not then please accept my apologies.'' Kawauso might had not been the best dancer, neither was Yatsufusa. The masked fox-dragon bowed to her. '' In fact this one must give his thanks to you. You were most kind and courteous to pick this Fox...'' He was certainly pointing to his lame leg, but Yatsufusa was also trying to point the 'blame' over both bad performance towards only him as his fault. '' This one was not sure if would be wise to participate in such an event due to, well, limitations, but Stag-san was most kind. Really. I appreciate it.'' He bowed again.

'' Stag-san seems quite good at artistic carving. Might this one ask if it is only for artistic persuits or for perhaps more part of Stag's-san professional background?'' He asked politely.
Kawauso bows her head and works to compose herself, really having quite a shocking turn of an evening as she listens to Yatsufasa and prepares to respond. But first another shock:
Hantei Genji wrote:

"Fox-san, Stag-san, Lord Moon finds your creativity and skill in high regard. Would you accept these tokens as a gesture?" He offered them both a pin each.
The stag-masked Lion was quick to bow, gaining herself a moment to breath in the midst of all this attention.

"I am greatly honored, Lord Moon-sama," she says sincerely. "It is a lovely event and, um, thank you for the opportunity to be creative." Kawauso had managed to form a polite smile that was clearly visible below her wood stag mask.

Looking to the side at her Scorpion/cat friend, Kawauso's cheeks redden at the fish comment. "Lucky cat," the Lion hisses as her friend giggles. Before the other woman can abandon her, Kawauso snags Sasori's arm and holds on tightly.

"Ahem," she says to both men, trying to think fast. "The carving, um, is surely not so special. I'm no artist, just a warrior with a small penchant for whittling." One absent-minded hand gently adjusts the mask as she smiles modestly.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:42 am
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am
The Tengu mask betrays nothing of the thought process of the man wearing it, but Hadananzi does watch the pantomime act with a curious interest. He can only assume that the Fox knows what is being suggested, and he waits in silence to see how she responds next.
“Oh!” The Fox remembers, and already having been offered the third time, now, she bows to the stone man in gratitude. “The green nail polish! What a surprise. All these years and this has been remembered. The Fox is humbled, as well as the other creature behind its mask.”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:52 am
"Oh, yes Nozomi-sama, I am. It is nice and warm in here and the people here seem to feel willing to let themselves enjoy themselves, which is something I think is a bit contagious. More or less so depending on the person."

She spoke with her hands folded in front of herself, the former priestess's clothes quite simple compared to many there though warm looking.

"What about you? You said you are here to show support for others here, but that does not seem to be antithetical to enjoyment. Even for a simple monk, as you say?"
She chuckled dryly. "I lost the portion of me that was well known for having fun a long time ago." She couldn't help it. She did enjoy herself, but she could be a dry, gruff person most days, and she knew it. "Though there is a bit of an infectious quality to the air to relax oneself. I think that I suppose if I am enjoying anything, it is that I have not actually danced in a long time. It's a pleasant thing, though the Stag's dances are less ribald than the ones I used to know. Still, it is not quite as ... formal an affair as I'd expected."

She didn't honestly know what to expect with Kinsen most days. The woman was mercurial and unpredictable.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:

'' It is a great honor, Lord Moon-sama...'' The fox masked dragon bows to the moon. '' Indeed it has been a quite fascinating event, full of colors and imagination. This one has had a great time this evening. '' He said politely.

Then he turned to look at the Cat and the Stag interactions. The fox noticed that playful way of the cat and how it put the stag in a strange situation, though behind the mask, Yatsu only smiled. Then he listened with attention to what the stag was saying.
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:37 am

"Ahem," she says to both men, trying to think fast. "The carving, um, is surely not so special. I'm no artist, just a warrior with a small penchant for whittling." One absent-minded hand gently adjusts the mask as she smiles modestly.
'' And yet it carries your personal mark and it shows the beauty and creativity you bring forth, Stag-san.'' He added. '' A warrior with an artistic heart indeed.''
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox