[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Hantei Kinsen

[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Conversation thread for the Stag Ball Player Event
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:40 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:33 pm
Misaki was not one for drinking or costumes or intrigue. She was one who had taken vows of poverty and right conduct, and she couldn't bring herself to deceive people. But she had heard there was dancing...

So it was she made no splash in her entrance and held her cup of water fine. But when it came to dancing, she was a twirling white and black flower on the floor, letting her inhibitions loose in at least one way.
Dancing nearby, the very recognizable Stag approaches Misaki with a grin and says, "I was sure the Doji would excel in dancing."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:01 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:40 pm
Dancing nearby, the very recognizable Stag approaches Misaki with a grin and says, "I was sure the Doji would excel in dancing."
Misaki pauses and comes to a stop before turning to Kinsen and giving a deep bow, hands in front of her, "I was not sure if my own training in dance would be appropriate for such a setting, but I am happy that I have given a good impression, Hantei-sama."

She immediately gets back to dancing, "Especially from the hostess and one who certainly seems to know a thing or two about dancing herself.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:23 pm

"Doji-san praises me too much. I am merely a keen observer, not a natural born talent like yourself or your Lady." Kinsen says, stopping to return the bow and move her mask sideways to take a sip form her cup.

She gets amused when Misaki returns to dancing, and can't control to do so herself. She says, "I am grateful the Emperor allowed us to provide further entertainment for the guests now with all this snow. How has these first days treated you? "

TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:23 pm
"Doji-san praises me too much. I am merely a keen observer, not a natural born talent like yourself or your Lady." Kinsen says, stopping to return the bow and move her mask sideways to take a sip form her cup.

She gets amused when Misaki returns to dancing, and can't control to do so herself. She says, "I am grateful the Emperor allowed us to provide further entertainment for the guests now with all this snow. How has these first days treated you? "
"Things have been most interesting. Despite the cold and snow I feel like the Heavens are watching over the wedding and everything that's going on around it, with how smoothly everything has gone so far. Perhaps it is approval for the wedding itself, or perhaps all the well wishes and prayers of those looking forward to the event that it has become. I like to think my own prayers for it have had some effect, even if only a tiny one. Surely getting to dance here, with you, is proof enough I must be watched over kindly in some capacity or another."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:54 pm
"Things have been most interesting. Despite the cold and snow I feel like the Heavens are watching over the wedding and everything that's going on around it, with how smoothly everything has gone so far. Perhaps it is approval for the wedding itself, or perhaps all the well wishes and prayers of those looking forward to the event that it has become. I like to think my own prayers for it have had some effect, even if only a tiny one. Surely getting to dance here, with you, is proof enough I must be watched over kindly in some capacity or another."
A smile opens up as Kinsen hears the girl exhaling positiveness in such a contagious way. She nods again to incentive that mood, and says, "I am surely blessed to have such an inspiring maiden like Doji-san here with me. I was actually worried for a moment that many wouldn't want to... well... expose themselves a bit more while having some fun."

TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:22 pm

A light blush touches the young maiden's cheeks, though it does not stop her from dancing, "I dance like my parents before me, and their parents before them. How can one not want to dance when the music inspires and the limbs itch with desire to move? Surely they cannot think such a thing unbecoming if it is such a tradition that has brought joy to all the people?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm

"As with every art form, there's nothing unbecoming into practice with honorable intentions in mind." Kinsen says, still smiling while looking to the Doji in front of her she actually didn't know the name proper. "I must definitely send my daughter to spend some time with her aunt, and learn more from the Doji."

TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:41 pm

"I must confess, I have not had the opportunity to see Lady Doji-sama herself dance. I hear it is a once in a lifetime experience. It leaves me somewhat surprised there are no dojos yet in our Clan's lands dedicated to the arts as such."

Misaki's dancing slowed with the music somewhat into a more relaxed dance tune and she held a hand out to Kinsen to join her.

"Perhaps you would care to join me for now, Hantei-sama? This one is Misaki, of Lady Doji-sama's Crane. A lesser experience then the chance to dance with her, but I would do my best to be a good instructor and partner."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm

Having managed to only embarrass herself, Ayano graciously retired to the wall to watch the party...and lean on something before her heart gave out. She hid a frown behind an up held hand, for once in her life missing the hours long discussions her mother had held. At least there Ayano was able to hold her own.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:36 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:41 pm
"I must confess, I have not had the opportunity to see Lady Doji-sama herself dance. I hear it is a once in a lifetime experience. It leaves me somewhat surprised there are no dojos yet in our Clan's lands dedicated to the arts as such."

Misaki's dancing slowed with the music somewhat into a more relaxed dance tune and she held a hand out to Kinsen to join her.

"Perhaps you would care to join me for now, Hantei-sama? This one is Misaki, of Lady Doji-sama's Crane. A lesser experience then the chance to dance with her, but I would do my best to be a good instructor and partner."
Kinsen stopped dancing and provided and deep bow to the Doji's grace. Taking her hand as offered, Kinsen giggles and joins up, saying, "It will be an honor to be your student, Doji-sensei."
Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm
Having managed to only embarrass herself, Ayano graciously retired to the wall to watch the party...and lean on something before her heart gave out. She hid a frown behind an up held hand, for once in her life missing the hours long discussions her mother had held. At least there Ayano was able to hold her own.
As they begin dancing together, though, Kinsen does notice how well Ayano held to her cup.

--
Pairing up with Misaki.

TN to be recognized is 0

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:39 pm

For his part, Masanori kept the tempo of the music, wooden sandals keeping a steady rhythm almost as if he were a part of the band - perhaps it was just instinct for the Imperial, considering the duties of his family hewing so close to ceremony, celebration, and the social glues of society.

Seeing the scarred crab, he couldn't help but be intrigued. Here was one with a story of her own, and given she made no real effort to hide her identity, perhaps one he could dance with - and see what sort of impact she intended to make.

Positioned nearby, he fell into sync with her tempo, and then stepped alongside, inquiring, "Is Anjing-san enjoying the festivities?"

--- Offering backup dancing to the Crab
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm
The Raven swoops down upon the Lioness her words and actions loud enough and clear enough for others around to hear her respect and uplifting of the younger woman. Making them wonder if, perhaps, they had not misconstrued any negative interpretation of her earlier displays.

"It is such a shame that such wonderful outfits tend to interfere with more traditional dance, is it not? But I must say I adore your style. Would you perhaps do me the pleasure of your company for awhile this evening?"

(Offering to pair with Ayano and fluff roll to deflect any negative opinions about Ayano's failed rolls)
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 pm
The Raven swoops down upon the Lioness her words and actions loud enough and clear enough for others around to hear her respect and uplifting of the younger woman. Making them wonder if, perhaps, they had not misconstrued any negative interpretation of her earlier displays.

"It is such a shame that such wonderful outfits tend to interfere with more traditional dance, is it not? But I must say I adore your style. Would you perhaps do me the pleasure of your company for awhile this evening?"

(Offering to pair with Ayano and fluff roll to deflect any negative opinions about Ayano's failed rolls)
Having resigned herself to spending the evening as a wallflower, Ayano was surprised at the sudden approach...or would have been if she wasn't a bundle of hyperawareness. The Raven's approach had been calculated not long into it's descent. The Lady Makime would probably have reacted with barely polite coldness at the intrusion, but then again Ayano's mother would not have been in such a position. As it was the younger woman was grateful for the cover, even as she knew it was not likely given out of true compassion.

"I would be honored, my Lady Raven." Ayano smiled and straightened, willing her body to obey. She would make no excuses and perhaps foolishly trust this stranger.

(Will accept the offer to pair at dance)
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 am
Having resigned herself to spending the evening as a wallflower, Ayano was surprised at the sudden approach...or would have been if she wasn't a bundle of hyperawareness. The Raven's approach had been calculated not long into it's descent. The Lady Makime would probably have reacted with barely polite coldness at the intrusion, but then again Ayano's mother would not have been in such a position. As it was the younger woman was grateful for the cover, even as she knew it was not likely given out of true compassion.

"I would be honored, my Lady Raven." Ayano smiled and straightened, willing her body to obey. She would make no excuses and perhaps foolishly trust this stranger.

(Will accept the offer to pair at dance)
"The honor is all mine, of course, and what shall I call you this evening?"

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:16 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 am
"The honor is all mine, of course, and what shall I call you this evening?"
Ayano smiled slightly and spoke softly, so her voice would not carry far, "Truthfully? You can probably call me by name, I doubt any here could fail to guess who is under the mask. It is hard to hide green eyes...the hair I suppose should have lain under a headdress."

She considers something for a moment then smiles a bit more slyly, "But perhaps you have a name for me since I am in your talons at the moment. Lady Raven."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:22 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:16 am
Ayano smiled slightly and spoke softly, so her voice would not carry far, "Truthfully? You can probably call me by name, I doubt any here could fail to guess who is under the mask. It is hard to hide green eyes...the hair I suppose should have lain under a headdress."

She considers something for a moment then smiles a bit more slyly, "But perhaps you have a name for me since I am in your talons at the moment. Lady Raven."
Any return smile is hidden by the elaborate mask, "Well where would be the fun in mundane names at such an event, whether the truth be known or not?" She cocks her head in moment in consideration, "Gold and green, green and gold... Lady Himawari* you shall be."

(*Sunflower)

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:22 am
Any return smile is hidden by the elaborate mask, "Well where would be the fun in mundane names at such an event, whether the truth be known or not?" She cocks her head in moment in consideration, "Gold and green, green and gold... Lady Himawari* you shall be."

(*Sunflower)
Ayano blinked, "Poetic," Her smile softened a little, a pity she wasn't a real one. Standing tall and proud, instead of merely prideful.

"Well then Lady Raven, what possessed you to pluck a Himawari from its shady meadow?"

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 am
Ayano blinked, "Poetic," Her smile softened a little, a pity she wasn't a real one. Standing tall and proud, instead of merely prideful.

"Well then Lady Raven, what possessed you to pluck a Himawari from its shady meadow?"

"A raven is known for finding shining things even in places others might not notice."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:46 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:36 pm
Kinsen stopped dancing and provided and deep bow to the Doji's grace. Taking her hand as offered, Kinsen giggles and joins up, saying, "It will be an honor to be your student, Doji-sensei."
As Misaki begins to slowly dance with the taller woman, she looks at her with a soft smile, "I am afraid there is only so much I can teach you; The dancing a learned growing up was very old, though very uninhibited. I also learned some more slow and contemplative dancing, but most of what I do is actually instinctual. Do you ever get that feeling, just knowing what you're doing is right and going with it?"