[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Nozomi

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:00 am
"By your use of the past tense, I take it she is no longer with us. Well, such is the way of the world, but my condolences never-the-less. Still, it sounds as if it is not just the past but the future you speak of. If I get the chance to meet your daughter, that sounds like it would be nice; I do so like children, usually."
"Ah, my apologies. I sometimes speak of those I met there in that sense. As I understand it, Shoji Haka is still alive, among the Scorpion. Her gifts, however, were truly unique. I cannot imagine she leaves the heart of their lands often. And I... have not crossed the beiden in many years." Which was to say that she hadn't crossed the Beiden since before she'd visited the shadowlands.

"I think you will like Mayumi. She is a bit of a know-it-all, but she is a good girl. We always travel together."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:01 am

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 am
"Ah, my apologies. I sometimes speak of those I met there in that sense. As I understand it, Shoji Haka is still alive, among the Scorpion. Her gifts, however, were truly unique. I cannot imagine she leaves the heart of their lands often. And I... have not crossed the beiden in many years." Which was to say that she hadn't crossed the Beiden since before she'd visited the shadowlands.

"I think you will like Mayumi. She is a bit of a know-it-all, but she is a good girl. We always travel together."
Misaki smiled at the last part; Her parents had told her she was kind of a know-it-all as a young child, though not so much as a spitfire.

"I shall look forward to it then."

Hearing things wrapping up, she looked over.

"It looks like they're going to announce who they wish to have as the Prince and Princess of this little get together here. For now, I'll go over and watch that. Until I see you again, and possibly Mayumi-chan."

One last bow to the older woman.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 am

Politely interrupting the music and raising to the dais, the fox-masked Kinsen bows to the audience and waves for Lord Moon to come to her side. Once he's there, she announces:

"Dear guests of our Wise Emperor Shiba-kami-heika! It is with much honor, and an enormous joy in my heart, that I announce the Prince of the First Ball. Next to me, Lord Moon will announce the Princess of the First Ball, and also make a special mention to those that he marked tonight with the golden tack of the Stag."

With another bow, she waves her hand toward the horned man, "Please, would Horned-man-sama come up to the dais and be crowned Prince?" She adds on, "Perhaps uncover his true identity if he wishes to do so?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:38 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:01 am
-snip-
"A pleasure, Doji-sama," she said, returning the bow. she was in no hurry to join the others. She'd done well, but she would win no prizes today, and that didn't bother her.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 am
-snip-
As the announcement was made, she bowed to acknowledge the winners and gave appropriate praise. Certainly, an interesting pair. Well, they had done quite well by the standards of the event, had they not?
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:18 am

"Oh, I would certainly be interested in surveying your art, Stag-san." He gave a small bow as he saw his mother waving.

"Alas, now the Moon must....rise, as the sun is coming up. Or go down. You know. Thank you for your time minna-san."

He bowed to his companion before joining his mother's side.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:45 pm
"Ah, I'm one of the Ongaku, once of the Takemori tribe."

She couldn't see his face, so he tried to inflect. "A scribe and courier now, once I was a priest of sorts, and before that I was child to a farmer and his ogre wife." His voice was level, reciting his history with only the slightest humor at the strange ways life could change.

"I admit, I had not thought it a fault to bear a scar, Anjing-san, rather a mark of some interesting experience, one of those twists of fate which shape us."
"The Ongaku, the half ogre tribe. I do not know many of your type, honestly, I would say you are the first one that I have met." The samurai-ko took a drink of her sake, finishing up the cup and looking around for another to get her hands on.

A mother ogre, and a father farmer. Strange combination. "I would had thought you to be a warrior, since your parental past. But with that strong deep voice, I can see the value as a courtier, I can't but help feel hypnotized by your tone, it reminds me of that of my husband."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 pm

"The Ongaku, the half ogre tribe. I do not know many of your type, honestly, I would say you are the first one that I have met." The samurai-ko took a drink of her sake, finishing up the cup and looking around for another to get her hands on.

A mother ogre, and a father farmer. Strange combination. "I would had thought you to be a warrior, since your parental past. But with that strong deep voice, I can see the value as a courtier, I can't but help feel hypnotized by your tone, it reminds me of that of my husband."
"Ah, I'm honored that I can bring to mind one of the men of the Crab, though I confess I am more diplomat than warrior, as you say." Masanori offered an exaggerated shrug to show his expression, and then continued, "Still, it was not as strange among my tribe than it was the empire as a whole - yet even now we remain a minority among the family. Not all Ongaku are of my heritage, but almost all of my heritage are Ongaku."
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 am
Politely interrupting the music and raising to the dais, the fox-masked Kinsen bows to the audience and waves for Lord Moon to come to her side. Once he's there, she announces:

"Dear guests of our Wise Emperor Shiba-kami-heika! It is with much honor, and an enormous joy in my heart, that I announce the Prince of the First Ball. Next to me, Lord Moon will announce the Princess of the First Ball, and also make a special mention to those that he marked tonight with the golden tack of the Stag."

With another bow, she waves her hand toward the horned man, "Please, would Horned-man-sama come up to the dais and be crowned Prince?" She adds on, "Perhaps uncover his true identity if he wishes to do so?"
Masanori, somewhat surprised, glanced at Sagara, and offered a small nod of his head. "I fear I am summoned, perhaps we can speak more another time."

Crossing to the dais, he paused and glanced around, before replying in a loud and clear baritone, "I am honored - yet I feel it best that you ascribe those positive qualities you have seen to all Ongaku - and not only the one standing before you now, for I only strive to uphold that which is noble about my kin."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:43 pm

Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Masanori, somewhat surprised, glanced at Sagara, and offered a small nod of his head. "I fear I am summoned, perhaps we can speak more another time."

Crossing to the dais, he paused and glanced around, before replying in a loud and clear baritone, "I am honored - yet I feel it best that you ascribe those positive qualities you have seen to all Ongaku - and not only the one standing before you now, for I only strive to uphold that which is noble about my kin."
"I would very much get to know more about you, Ongaku-san. It has been an enlightening experience to get to know you. Maybe next time I can tell you more about me."

She bowed respectfully as the man left.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi