[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Hantei Genji

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am

Genji staggered to the side, holding 3 pins in his hand, as he glanced around at all the good costumes. He swayed to one side a bit before righting himself, glancing around at all the others.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 am
"This dance? I'm afraid this is being made up on the spot. When I get the chance to share a dance with others, I find it best to first learn a bit about how they dance, or more accurately how they move."

Indeed Misaki's eyes seemed to be scanning Kinsen quite closely. So closely, in fact, that it might be mistaken for something more lavascious, were it not for the obvious adjustments the Crane woman's movements took in response to Kinsen's motions.

"I suppose that means that sort of instinctive thing I had mentioned before, but I consider it a learning experience."
The Stag doesn't really notice any impropriety from Misaki. Looking closely to someone in a paired up dance is expected –- as is admiring someone's impetus and... constraint. It was also a very good distance for Kinsen herself to understand more of the fine maiden which she started to grow fond of some ideas.

She asks, "What else to you excel at, besides being nearly perfect in form and grace, Doji-san?"
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am
-snip-
The mother's eyes instinctively raise, but she can't actually find her son in all that dim light.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 am
The raven's voice sounds pleasantly surprised, "Ah! Truly a noble goal indeed." It is obvious she refers to the latter, not the platitudes, "I am sure there will be many opportunities to see such desires fulfilled this winter."
The admission made Ayano uncomfortable, "There are other more important things to concern myself with." She replied half-heartedly. "Duties to the family and the like."

She composes herself, "And what does Lady Raven desire?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 am

The samurai-ko heard her family name be called and looked at the man with a deep breath held in her chest. She had not seen many with horns on their brows. A horned individual... the words of a monk came to her mind and she accepted with a quiet gesture. "Ongaku-sama, I am to presume." She added with a quick second glance to the horns. "My name is Anjing Sagara, I would be grateful to dance and get to know Ongaku-sama."
"Ah, the honor is mine."

Matching her pace, the veiled man's smile was invisible.

"I could not help but notice your natural grace and enthusiasm. Is it the party itself, or more specifically the dancing? I have not had the chance to visit the Crab, so I do not know the customs of your clan."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Sasori tried her best to blend into the background, is already used to it when she saw her new friend from the previous evening
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 am
After her final effort at the party expectations still fails to impress, the tall Lion retreats to a quiet corner for some quality time with a drink stronger than what she'd been trying to control earlier in the evening.

The hand-carved stag mask was still on her face as she sulked, so maybe the experience hadn't been a complete nightmare for her?

-----
Please quote or pm if you're open to talking to the grumpy Lioness.
"Today you seem to not need saving Akodo sama." A familiar voice comes from behind her. "Maybe you do from drowning."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am
Doji Misaki wrote:
"This dance? I'm afraid this is being made up on the spot. When I get the chance to share a dance with others, I find it best to first learn a bit about how they dance, or more accurately how they move."

Indeed Misaki's eyes seemed to be scanning Kinsen quite closely. So closely, in fact, that it might be mistaken for something more lavascious, were it not for the obvious adjustments the Crane woman's movements took in response to Kinsen's motions.

"I suppose that means that sort of instinctive thing I had mentioned before, but I consider it a learning experience."
The Stag doesn't really notice any impropriety from Misaki. Looking closely to someone in a paired up dance is expected –- as is admiring someone's impetus and... constraint. It was also a very good distance for Kinsen herself to understand more of the fine maiden which she started to grow fond of some ideas.

She asks, "What else to you excel at, besides being nearly perfect in form and grace, Doji-san?"
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am
-snip-
The mother's eyes instinctively raise, but she can't actually find her son in all that dim light.
Fashionably late to the party, in walks a man wearing a tengu mask, long nosed and rounded cheeks etched in flawless porcelain. Hadananzi takes a moment to inspect the party, smiling to himself at the revelry taking place. Humans certainly knew how to entertain. The man walked through the room, gracefully evading dancers and bystanders alike, moving with purpose towards the woman in the fox mask and her dancing partner, pausing only a few steps away, waiting to be acknowledged.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm
Doji Misaki wrote:
-snip-
Fashionably late to the party, in walks a man wearing a tengu mask, long nosed and rounded cheeks etched in flawless porcelain. Hadananzi takes a moment to inspect the party, smiling to himself at the revelry taking place. Humans certainly knew how to entertain. The man walked through the room, gracefully evading dancers and bystanders alike, moving with purpose towards the woman in the fox mask and her dancing partner, pausing only a few steps away, waiting to be acknowledged.
Being already taken by Misaki, and waiting for her reply, Kinsen does provide a gentle look to the Tengu approaching nearby. Would the Crane be so courteous as to allow a dance with the potential rival?
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm

"Today you seem to not need saving Akodo sama." A familiar voice comes from behind her. "Maybe you do from drowning."
Kawauso looks up, the frown visible below her mask softening at sight of her Scorpion friend. "Bayushi-san," she says, pleasantly surprised, though her voice takes a little time to fully warm. "Ah, no, um, danger of drowning," she says, holding her cup a little bit farther from her to suggest everything is normal.

"I, um, don't always meet expectations," she says with a sad undertone. "But, well, an unexpected good fortune to see you." There's a mighty effort at a smile that more or less succeeds.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am

That definitely got a maidenly little blush, "Well, my main training is in engineering and farming; Irrigation systems, land development, crop cycling, herbalism... that sort of thing. It is my duty to help bring prosperity to the lands Lady Doji-sama has entrusted her followers like myself to look after. But it is my desire to bring happiness and plenty to all the people of the Empire, through my work on innovative tools and solutions to common building and farming problems."

She cleared her throat lightly at the end of speaking a bit excitedly for her tastes, "Though, I do realize that can all be a bit dry and boring to most, as a concept. Right now, all I desire is right here with this dance, and such Duties and work can be set aside."
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:22 pm
Being already taken by Misaki, and waiting for her reply, Kinsen does provide a gentle look to the Tengu approaching nearby. Would the Crane be so courteous as to allow a dance with the potential rival?
Misaki does notice Kinsen's eyes moving around, both to her son and to some of the other guests; That was to be expected from the hostess to the event really. That said, she had this strong wish inside not to give up her dance partner for some reason. Still, etiquette trumped desire.

"That said, you ARE the hostess of this dance. If you need to attend to other matters, I can certainly let you go with just a short dance here."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:00 pm

"Greetings...neko-san." Genji bowed with a flourish towards his companion, not recognizing anyone under the mask.

"I am Hant- I mean, Moon Lord. Lord Moon, that is. I must say your attire is quite good. Care for a dance?" He indicated towards the stage, slightly drunk and embarrassed, but deciding to power through instead.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Hadananzi was not the only one who was standing here in a tengu mask. Admittedly, it hadn't been a really active plan on her part to wear the same thing as the groom. But she'd ended up with it because it had been the only one that cost enough zeni that she could get away with it. She rarely bothered with money after all, so she didn't need the headache, but this event had certain... expectations, so she'd picked one up.

When she saw another person wearing that mask, she realized there'd been a reason the person had offered it so inexpensively. It was probably gauche to wear the same one as someone else, especially a cheaper quality one. Gah, whatever. Damn the court and all its idiocy. she was tempted to get a drink, but refrained. Seeing everyone in conversation, she opted to play the part of a wallflower for now. All too easy to just nimbly maneuver around the lot of them and avoid real serious notice.

At least Kuu was here. He'd draw more attention probably.

(OOC: PM if you approach)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:00 pm
"Greetings...neko-san." Genji bowed with a flourish towards his companion, not recognizing anyone under the mask.

"I am Hant- I mean, Moon Lord. Lord Moon, that is. I must say your attire is quite good. Care for a dance?" He indicated towards the stage, slightly drunk and embarrassed, but deciding to power through instead.

'Neko-san' bows reasonably gracefully. "I would be honored to dance with a figure every poet admires, Lord Moon." Or was it Moon Lord? She'd only ever heard it the first way, but perhaps Hantei-sama was putting his own spin on the character? "Your costume is very elegant as well!"

Being genuinely incognito was surprisingly liberating, once one got over the whole 'no peripheral vision' thing.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm

"Oh, arigatou. I was inspired the other day. A lovely Scorpion lady wore her clothes this way, and mentioned other people should try it. I figured I'd try her advice, what the heck." He mentioned innocently, before offering his arm to Neko-san.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 pm
That definitely got a maidenly little blush, "Well, my main training is in engineering and farming; Irrigation systems, land development, crop cycling, herbalism... that sort of thing. It is my duty to help bring prosperity to the lands Lady Doji-sama has entrusted her followers like myself to look after. But it is my desire to bring happiness and plenty to all the people of the Empire, through my work on innovative tools and solutions to common building and farming problems."

She cleared her throat lightly at the end of speaking a bit excitedly for her tastes, "Though, I do realize that can all be a bit dry and boring to most, as a concept. Right now, all I desire is right here with this dance, and such Duties and work can be set aside."
Kinsen is genuinely impressed by the remarkable –– and extensive –– applications Misaki is capable of serving. Her eyebrows burrow in reflex to the attention she pays to each item the Doji comments. Indeed someone to have and nurture in one's Clan is what gets instilled in her mind.
Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 pm
Misaki does notice Kinsen's eyes moving around, both to her son and to some of the other guests; That was to be expected from the hostess to the event really. That said, she had this strong wish inside not to give up her dance partner for some reason. Still, etiquette trumped desire.

"That said, you ARE the hostess of this dance. If you need to attend to other matters, I can certainly let you go with just a short dance here."
The Stag bows to the Crane maiden's decorum with grace and notes, "Oh, Doji-san! I both apologize and am thankful for the short time you've given me. I hope I can count with more.""
Hadananzi wrote:
She then turns to the dark presence waiting for her attention and bows, saying, "Good evening, Tengu-san. I hope you have had your rice today. Please treat me well."

TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm
The Stag bows to the Crane maiden's decorum with grace and notes, "Oh, Doji-san! I both apologize and am thankful for the short time you've given me. I hope I can count with more.""

She then turns to the dark presence waiting for her attention and bows, saying, "Good evening, Tengu-san. I hope you have had your rice today. Please treat me well."
Misaki bows in return with a smile before the hostess turns away to the mysterious visitor, the Crane woman watching Kinsen a moment longer before turning her focus back to the music. She decides to take a small break from the dancing to just listen to it and recover her stamina so she steps aside for some water from the cup she'd been holding earlier.

((free for dancing or RP))
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm
"Oh, arigatou. I was inspired the other day. A lovely Scorpion lady wore her clothes this way, and mentioned other people should try it. I figured I'd try her advice, what the heck." He mentioned innocently, before offering his arm to Neko-san.
Kogi almost gives the game away by reacting with self-conscious surprise to that innocent comment, but the mask helps her stay unruffled and cool-looking. "It suits you very well, sir Moon. I hope it's as comfortable as it looks?"

She settles her fingers on his sleeve as invited. "From your lofty position up there in the night sky, I'm sure you see your fill of lovely ladies," she addes with a purr-ish chuckle.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm
Hadananzi wrote:
Hadananzi, as Tengu-san, bowed deeply in return. "I thank you for your inquiry. Yes, I have had rice today, Fox-sama. This is quite the lovely gathering you've put together. May I have the honor of dancing with you?" The smile he gave was evident even behind the mask as he waited for her answer.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:07 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:03 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm
Kogi almost gives the game away by reacting with self-conscious surprise to that innocent comment, but the mask helps her stay unruffled and cool-looking. "It suits you very well, sir Moon. I hope it's as comfortable as it looks?"

She settles her fingers on his sleeve as invited. "From your lofty position up there in the night sky, I'm sure you see your fill of lovely ladies," she addes with a purr-ish chuckle.
"Oh, it is not bad. There is a certain comfort in the layers, to be honest." He started moving slowly towards the dancing group. "Sure, sure. Not as many lovely cats, though."

Genjiiiiiiii

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:05 pm
Hadananzi, as Tengu-san, bowed deeply in return. "I thank you for your inquiry. Yes, I have had rice today, Fox-sama. This is quite the lovely gathering you've put together. May I have the honor of dancing with you?" The smile he gave was evident even behind the mask as he waited for her answer.
Kinsen's eyes fixate on the man's smile for a moment as she processes she's actually with a fox mask.

"Oh, my!" Kinsen let's out as she touches the choker at her neck, "Thank you for the compliment. I hope everyone enjoys some dancing and relaxing, knowing that we'll get stuck with each other for more time, now."

The Stag Queen extends her hand so the masked Tengu could take her to dance.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:17 pm
Kinsen's eyes fixate on the man's smile for a moment as she processes she's actually with a fox mask.

"Oh, my!" Kinsen let's out as she touches the choker at her neck, "Thank you for the compliment. I hope everyone enjoys some dancing and relaxing, knowing that we'll get stuck with each other for more time, now."

The Stag Queen extends her hand so the masked Tengu could take her to dance.
"One could hardly consider themselves stuck with you, I dare say." Tengu took the proffered hand and stepped in close. Very close, one might observe, as he began to lead the Fox in their dance. The positions of his hands weren't improper, but there was definitely a technicality being stretched in that regard.

"Have you been enjoying your dance thus far? I do so hate to interrupt, but I couldn't resist asking after you in particular."

Played by GM Bakuriel