[D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Makime Ayano

Re: [D2, EE] The Stag Ball [Player Event - Conversation Thread]

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 am
"A raven is known for finding shining things even in places others might not notice."
"I see...nature then." Ayano began to wonder who was under the mask, a Crane almost assuredly, "I can not help but notice a fair few eyes were on you Lady Raven." Her eyes flick to the side a moment and her head followed, giving a brief profile. Her heart was pounding again, the exertion of the dance. Ayano hated her weakness, and let that feed her will to keep going.

"...your elegance speaks of another avian, I wonder if one would find white feathers under that raven mask."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:59 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 am
"I see...nature then." Ayano began to wonder who was under the mask, a Crane almost assuredly, "I can not help but notice a fair few eyes were on you Lady Raven." Her eyes flick to the side a moment and her head followed, giving a brief profile. Her heart was pounding again, the exertion of the dance. Ayano hated her weakness, and let that feed her will to keep going.

"...your elegance speaks of another avian, I wonder if one would find white feathers under that raven mask."
The Raven shifts her head to match, the swirled white feathers being more prominent in Ayano's eyeline, as another flourish flips the cloak to white.

"Let it not be said that Lady Himawari lacked in perception."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:46 am
As Misaki begins to slowly dance with the taller woman, she looks at her with a soft smile, "I am afraid there is only so much I can teach you; The dancing a learned growing up was very old, though very uninhibited. I also learned some more slow and contemplative dancing, but most of what I do is actually instinctual. Do you ever get that feeling, just knowing what you're doing is right and going with it?"
Kinsen nearly laughs at the question, but her fixated grin stops half way. Moving slowly to Misaki's rhythm, she replies, "I do get that feeling. Very well, in fact. To the point that I train not to allow myself to think that everything that I do is right."

The tall Stag looks to her feet and reminds, "Nevertheless, it is only bey trying that we learn how to do it right. Where does this dance come from: any tribal roots?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:08 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:59 am
The Raven shifts her head to match, the swirled white feathers being more prominent in Ayano's eyeline, as another flourish flips the cloak to white.

"Let it not be said that Lady Himawari lacked in perception."
Ayano grinned at that, before her more reserved smile returned. "...I suppose that was a bit more literal." She relaxed a fraction, the lose of tension easing her exhaustion. "Well then Lady Raven, now that you have plucked a sunflower and pulled her out of her shade, what do you plan next?" Her voice was low again, "As I said a great many eyes were drawn to you and now...probably me as well."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:23 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:08 am
Ayano grinned at that, before her more reserved smile returned. "...I suppose that was a bit more literal." She relaxed a fraction, the lose of tension easing her exhaustion. "Well then Lady Raven, now that you have plucked a sunflower and pulled her out of her shade, what do you plan next?" Her voice was low again, "As I said a great many eyes were drawn to you and now...probably me as well."
The mask was inscrutable but the voice seemed to be enjoying itself, "Well now that I've shown off my prize I suppose simply to enjoy her company."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:57 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:23 am
The mask was inscrutable but the voice seemed to be enjoying itself, "Well now that I've shown off my prize I suppose simply to enjoy her company."
"Simple entertainment Lady Raven..." Ayano's smile returned, "I hope to prove a worthy prize in that regard." Her hand trembled a little, but she willed it to stop. Her body felt weary again, the same old curse flaring up. She distracted herself by running through the reasons behind this raven's sudden appearance. Was she hoping to bring Ayano into her debt...or merely desiring to been seen with a Lion of some importance. Maybe she was just a compassionate creature taking pity on a stumbling young woman.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:57 am
"Simple entertainment Lady Raven..." Ayano's smile returned, "I hope to prove a worthy prize in that regard." Her hand trembled a little, but she willed it to stop. Her body felt weary again, the same old curse flaring up. She distracted herself by running through the reasons behind this raven's sudden appearance. Was she hoping to bring Ayano into her debt...or merely desiring to been seen with a Lion of some importance. Maybe she was just a compassionate creature taking pity on a stumbling young woman.
It could be any, a combination, or all - the inscrutable mask made it hard to tell.

But Ayano was not the only perceptive one, though certainly the one greater at it. The Raven does not draw attention to what it sees, however. and instead adopts a different tactic.

"These feathers do get warm, however, would you perhaps join me in some refreshment Lady Himawari?"

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 am
It could be any, a combination, or all - the inscrutable mask made it hard to tell.

But Ayano was not the only perceptive one, though certainly the one greater at it. The Raven does not draw attention to what it sees, however. and instead adopts a different tactic.

"These feathers do get warm, however, would you perhaps join me in some refreshment Lady Himawari?"
Ayano's eyes widen a fraction and she presses her lips into a straight line. Closing her eyes and setting her jaw for a second the defiance against her own exhaustion is evident on the young lady's features. When she opens them, the Lion concedes.

"Yes...that would be most welcome Lady Raven." Her green eyes don't meet the other's mask, she is smiling but inside the anger at her weakness was burning again.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 am
Ayano's eyes widen a fraction and she presses her lips into a straight line. Closing her eyes and setting her jaw for a second the defiance against her own exhaustion is evident on the young lady's features. When she opens them, the Lion concedes.

"Yes...that would be most welcome Lady Raven." Her green eyes don't meet the other's mask, she is smiling but inside the anger at her weakness was burning again.
The mask shifts in what is likely a nod of deference, "You do me an honor in such comfort, Lady Himawari, thank you for your understanding." The Raven is wise enough not to offer aid or physical support though he arm is angled such that if one wanted to 'lead' her to the table bearing food and drinks it would be readily available.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:36 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 am
The mask shifts in what is likely a nod of deference, "You do me an honor in such comfort, Lady Himawari, thank you for your understanding." The Raven is wise enough not to offer aid or physical support though he arm is angled such that if one wanted to 'lead' her to the table bearing food and drinks it would be readily available.
Ayano refused the arm, she would walk on her own. The more gentle smile conveyed an appreciation all the same, even if there was a little sadness in it being necessary hidden just behind it.

"Thank you for graciousness, Lady Raven." When they arrived at the refreshments, Ayano positioned herself to lean on a pillar without making the act too obvious. Her heart was pounding, she had probably overdone it...pride might kill her one day, but she knew today wouldn't be it. "An odd event, the masks and the dance. Neither are things the sunflower sees in her home fields."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:36 am
Ayano refused the arm, she would walk on her own. The more gentle smile conveyed an appreciation all the same, even if there was a little sadness in it being necessary hidden just behind it.

"Thank you for graciousness, Lady Raven." When they arrived at the refreshments, Ayano positioned herself to lean on a pillar without making the act too obvious. Her heart was pounding, she had probably overdone it...pride might kill her one day, but she knew today wouldn't be it. "An odd event, the masks and the dance. Neither are things the sunflower sees in her home fields."
"I must admit it is novel to me as well... at least in such a combination. Perhaps the Stag have been spending time amongst the Scorpion."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 am
"I must admit it is novel to me as well... at least in such a combination. Perhaps the Stag have been spending time amongst the Scorpion."
"They do occupy the southern reaches of the Empire." Ayano replied, her heart was slowing now. "And in a way isolated, well apart from the Nezumi and a small border with the Crane. Perhaps such leads to an odd sort of creativity."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:02 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 am
"They do occupy the southern reaches of the Empire." Ayano replied, her heart was slowing now. "And in a way isolated, well apart from the Nezumi and a small border with the Crane. Perhaps such leads to an odd sort of creativity."
A nod of the mask, "Perhaps that is it. I have mainly stayed in our northern lands so have not experienced much of the Stag yet. Though I suppose I should make the trip at some point. Good relations along borders are always recommended."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:02 am
A nod of the mask, "Perhaps that is it. I have mainly stayed in our northern lands so have not experienced much of the Stag yet. Though I suppose I should make the trip at some point. Good relations along borders are always recommended."
Ayano nodded, more what she expected, "And relations on your northern border too I imagine." She smiled, "Perhaps when Lady Raven and the Sunflower are gone and the Crane and Lion have returned...there will be more discussion on that point if the Crane wish of course."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am
Ayano nodded, more what she expected, "And relations on your northern border too I imagine." She smiled, "Perhaps when Lady Raven and the Sunflower are gone and the Crane and Lion have returned...there will be more discussion on that point if the Crane wish of course."

"If it would be of interest to the Lion then it would certainly be a bountiful use of the winter's time for the Crane... but I do not wish it to be mistaken that such is the sole reason for this evening." The mask peers at Ayano, "If I may ask what is it that the flower desires?"

(TN 42 Etiquette (Courtesy)/Awareness to avoid Tsubaki learning a need)

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 am
"If it would be of interest to the Lion then it would certainly be a bountiful use of the winter's time for the Crane... but I do not wish it to be mistaken that such is the sole reason for this evening." The mask peers at Ayano, "If I may ask what is it that the flower desires?"

(TN 42 Etiquette (Courtesy)/Awareness to avoid Tsubaki learning a need)
(Assuming personal desire, cause failed it)

Ayano was caught off guard by the second request, her cheeks reddened briefly. She was learning a few things about herself...most of the lessons so far taught by Crane.

"I...don't really have need of anything." Which was an obvious lie, "Beyond bringing honor and glory to family and clan of course." An obvious platitude, she pauses in thought...still obvious trying to re-center her mind, "Just a chance to enjoy the beauty others have created is more then enough." In the tone is an implication to go beyond just observing and perhaps into creating.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 am
(Assuming personal desire, cause failed it)

Ayano was caught off guard by the second request, her cheeks reddened briefly. She was learning a few things about herself...most of the lessons so far taught by Crane.

"I...don't really have need of anything." Which was an obvious lie, "Beyond bringing honor and glory to family and clan of course." An obvious platitude, she pauses in thought...still obvious trying to re-center her mind, "Just a chance to enjoy the beauty others have created is more then enough." In the tone is an implication to go beyond just observing and perhaps into creating.
The raven's voice sounds pleasantly surprised, "Ah! Truly a noble goal indeed." It is obvious she refers to the latter, not the platitudes, "I am sure there will be many opportunities to see such desires fulfilled this winter."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 am

After her final effort at the party expectations still fails to impress, the tall Lion retreats to a quiet corner for some quality time with a drink stronger than what she'd been trying to control earlier in the evening.

The hand-carved stag mask was still on her face as she sulked, so maybe the experience hadn't been a complete nightmare for her?

-----
Please quote or pm if you're open to talking to the grumpy Lioness.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 am

Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:39 pm
For his part, Masanori kept the tempo of the music, wooden sandals keeping a steady rhythm almost as if he were a part of the band - perhaps it was just instinct for the Imperial, considering the duties of his family hewing so close to ceremony, celebration, and the social glues of society.

Seeing the scarred crab, he couldn't help but be intrigued. Here was one with a story of her own, and given she made no real effort to hide her identity, perhaps one he could dance with - and see what sort of impact she intended to make.

Positioned nearby, he fell into sync with her tempo, and then stepped alongside, inquiring, "Is Anjing-san enjoying the festivities?"

--- Offering backup dancing to the Crab
The samurai-ko heard her family name be called and looked at the man with a deep breath held in her chest. She had not seen many with horns on their brows. A horned individual... the words of a monk came to her mind and she accepted with a quiet gesture. "Ongaku-sama, I am to presume." She added with a quick second glance to the horns. "My name is Anjing Sagara, I would be grateful to dance and get to know Ongaku-sama."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 am
Kinsen nearly laughs at the question, but her fixated grin stops half way. Moving slowly to Misaki's rhythm, she replies, "I do get that feeling. Very well, in fact. To the point that I train not to allow myself to think that everything that I do is right."

The tall Stag looks to her feet and reminds, "Nevertheless, it is only bey trying that we learn how to do it right. Where does this dance come from: any tribal roots?"
"This dance? I'm afraid this is being made up on the spot. When I get the chance to share a dance with others, I find it best to first learn a bit about how they dance, or more accurately how they move."

Indeed Misaki's eyes seemed to be scanning Kinsen quite closely. So closely, in fact, that it might be mistaken for something more lavascious, were it not for the obvious adjustments the Crane woman's movements took in response to Kinsen's motions.

"I suppose that means that sort of instinctive thing I had mentioned before, but I consider it a learning experience."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows