Discussing Visions (D3, EE)

Togashi Satsuki

Discussing Visions (D3, EE)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 am

(posting with permission from Yuzuru)

Having requested a meeting with her uncle Yuzuru, Satsuki waited nervously to meet with him, under careful watch of a guard. She was family, but she understood that precautions had to be made... her parents had been protective of her and her brothers too, so it was probably the same here. No weapons were carried with her here.

Relax. Relax. Mother speaks so highly of him, I'm sure it will go fine. Remember to bow... wait, how can he tell I'm bowing if he's blind?!
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Yuzuru

Re: Discussing Visions (D3, EE)

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 am

The doors were slid open by the attendants revealing what was waiting for her . . . . the fox.

Hsieh-Hsieh yipped a greeting and stood, obviously expecting her to follow as he set off down the corridor like room.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:31 am

Oh right. The fox knows if I bow or not, Satsuki realised, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. So the fox got a bow for good measure, and she followed him.

"Thank you for meeting me, Hsieh-Hsieh-sama," she remarked to the old fox, confident that he understood.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:40 am

The yip he made in response conveyed that he did, and that he hoped she had found many good sticks this year, chased many squirrels, eaten many eggs and that her nose was cold and wet.

Thankfully it was a short trot for those unable to speak vulpine.

Yuzuru waited for her around the corner at the end of the corridor, reclining on cushions with an unnecessary lantern to his side and a small pot of something herbal to drink. It was almost like he'd moved his preferred relaxing arrangement from the Ayakashi caves and placed it on the wooden flooring, although of a good deal higher quality worksmanship now. He wore a simple purple robe and the white blindfold that usually covered his eyes in public was loose around his neck.

Sightless white eyes looked in her general direction and he smiled.

"Satsuki, please take a seat."

The fox went to his own cushion, retrieved his precious stick and started chewing it.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:45 am

"Th-thank you, Yuzuru-sama!" she blurted out quickly, feeling the fire stir within her in response to her own excitement and nerves.

An awkward moment to clear her throat, she took the sit offered, crossing her legs in the way her father would usually sit to meditate. "... I mean, thank you, for seeing me in such short notice. You and Hsieh-Hsieh-sama both." Satsuki wished she had understood what the fox had said earlier.

When she spoke again, it was a like a crackling fire that had finally found some dry wood to feast on, full of energy and eagerness to speak what was on her mind without the need for dancing around the subject like some of the more refined people of court wanted to do.

"Mother sends her well-wishes and apologies that she couldn't be her instead. For the wedding that is. Uh, but she also told me that if I had any problems I could always rely on family here. And she says you're a powerful seer that was of great guidance to your tribe in the past. So, mm, may I ask about your opinions on a vision I had?"
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 am

Crunch.

"Of course, Satsuki, but how is your mother? This is probably the longest time we've been apart since her journey to the South."

Crack, crunch, crack.

"And she's right that my sight has helped both the Tribe and the Empire."

CRUNCH!

"Hsieh-Hsieh! Chew that a little more quietly would you?"

There was an apologetic growl, and the fox turned around on his cushion to chew facing the other way.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:00 am

Hsieh-Hsieh's rather loud snacking, and the following reprimand, made Satsuki burst out in laughter. Now she was clearly more at ease with the whole situation.

"It's fine, it's fine. Old teeth must have a hard time with a tough branch." It wasn't clear if she was covering for the old fox or low-key sassing him.

"Mother's fine. Really. Healthy and as wonderful as ever. You wouldn't think she's had three children and working so hard all these years by just being with her as she's just so... youthful and warm."

Her tone turned a bit more serious. "She's got a lot on her plate though... hmmm... father's been very reclusive of late, and she's been stepping up to see to all that the clan needs in the meantime. My brothers and I are helping out though! That's why I'm here on her behalf, and Hoshi's helping her with the matters of the clan, and Taiyo's doing his best with the matters of the Saru." The old fox could see the maiden's brow furrow. "Father's been troubled by what he claims is 'strange dreams', so I'm a bit worried."
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:12 am

"Togashi is troubled?"

That seemed to take the Consort by surprise.

"That I never thought I'd hear. He's always been so confident in himself. But dreams can be wily things. I can't describe how I know the difference between a flight of fancy my mind has taken while I slumber and a true vision. I just know."

The chewing sounds had subsided, or had they stopped?

"But it's not just the future that can be seen in dreams. The past also, and even the present just from another perspective, or another realm. Tell me what your father has seen, and what you have."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 am

"That's kind of the thing, father hasn't shared it with us. When pressed, all he would say was strange dreams, and... I'm not even sure their his. But... my own vision, that I can speak of. Not that I have his clarity, or the powerful visions you have had before that mother told me about, but to me they are more... they just happen. Sometimes just a flash of brief clarity or strange sights."

Realising she was getting off-topic, she focused herself in again. "I was meditating at the temple to the Fortunes here, when I thought I was approached by a messenger, handing me a scroll. Didn't say who it was from, only that it was urgent. I unrolled the scroll, and... I just clearly remember the words it contained, rather than the actual writing: Sweet wisdom drips from the depths of the night sky and runs in black creeping rivulets into cracks and crevices. Find it, drink, and know truth. The ink from the scroll then ran, down my hands, and... that was when it ended." As she spoke, her tone was controlled, but serious.

"The night sky, it makes me think that I might perhaps glean a greater understanding when the moon will be full in a couple of days."
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:27 pm

Yuzuru listened, white sightless eyes 'looking' just off Satsuki's face. The chewing sounds were completely silenced now, as a fox face nuzzled under Yuzuru's arm to look at Satsuki as well.

"Maybe not even his own dreams? Whatever could that mean? But your own vision . . . there is little bright about that. Wisdom running in black rivulets? Drink from the cracks and crevices? This sounds as a dark prophecy young one. I will have to speak to Shiba about this. I assume you have not?"

Before she can answer, another question comes.

"This messenger, do you remember who they were? What they looked like?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:12 pm

"No... he's busy. I didn't want to bring it to him first..." she'd been told not to bother the very important uncle unless it was an emergency, so it had seemed best to bring it to Yuzuru first who also was a seer in his own right.

"And no... I don't recall." A shake of her head, and she looked at the fox. "Sorry."
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:31 pm

"Not to worry, the messenger may not have been important. The message is the thing. Standing under the Full Moon has all kinds of meanings in divination stakes. I would advise not to do this alone. I would trust your mother to heed this advice, but not your father. He is always one to think alone, act alone and bring counsel only when he feels it is necessary. This will depend which one you hark to the closest."

Hsieh-Hsieh whined, and Yuzuru absently scratched his ears.

"The unexpected snow, the bear, and now this . . . it is not a good start to Winter or the Crane heir's marriage."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm

"Hmmm... it certainly is a series of ill-omens plaguing their first married days."

Then she recalled she'd not seen her cousin since the wedding. Only her husband. That was strange...?

"I have people I trust. And yeah, I think when the moon is full, more will be revealed. The moon has great importance in divination." I just need to keep myself under control then. "Thank you, uncle! I feel better having told you about this."
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:42 pm

"Be careful, Satsuki. Your mother would never forgive me if something bad happened to you here and Hsieh-Hseih would have to find someone else to steal breakfast eggs from."

The Breakfast Thief yipped in agreement.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:48 pm

"Don't worry, I'll be fine!" she said with that unflappable certainity that young people had. "I have my kin here, and crochety old uncle Sora, and other talented people. It will all be alright."

Satsuki gave the fox a sly smirk. "I'll make sure to ask one of my kinsman to make a wonderful meal for Hsieh-Hsieh. He's one of the best cooks in Great Falls. Hsieh-Hsieh-sama works so hard these days, and his house is now full of many people!"
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 pm

"You never knew Han-Han, my first fox. He had the definitive thought that stolen food tasted better."

He scratched Hsieh-Hsieh's ears again.

"Every one since, including this growly beast have agreed with him."