[D9, EE, Misaki's room] Horizon

Akodo Kawauso

Re: [D9, EE, Misaki's room] Horizon

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:05 pm

"Hai. There is much to do. But it is... After all I've seen here, the... opportunities... I can't just go be a river guardian for my village, and an occasional emissary for my father. There's... There's a lot more we can do. I mean, with people like you." As she focuses on Misaki, there's a fire in her eyes that definitely wasn't there two days before.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:20 pm

"I did come to this wedding and court to help and learn farming techniques. So I could certainly give you all the help I can in that capacity. Rural defenses and some of the other things you mentioned are a bit outside my wheelhouse, but I would certainly do everything I could."

She noticed tge fire and took it as eagerness and drive, "Would you like me to start writing down notes or such? Or... did you have something in mind coming to me, Kawauso-san?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Kawauso smiles at Misaki's initial enthusiasm, and she rolls forward onto her knees, slightly taller and slightly closer this way.

"I, um... I thank you for your quick support, Misaki-san. And I think there will be others who... who value and support what I think we can do here. I know there are." The Lion continues smiling at the other woman through a long exhale, a touch of anxiety coloring her cheeks. "I, um. I believe... with all my heart... that I need a partner in this. Who both helps me to calm and focus, and is their own ingenious and thoughtful self. I... I am not sure that my asking you is wise, but I feel it is right."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:12 pm

Misaki smiles softly at Kawauso as the taller woman talks, nodding a little, "Well, I will admit, I was already thinking about helping with Makime Ayano-sama's road project, so it seems there is much to do in Lion lands it seems. As I said, as far as what you're looking to accomplish, I may only be able to do so much though... What sort of things would I be able to do to be a worthy partner for your important work?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Kawauso swallows nervously, and in her eyes there's a little war between impatience and adoration, although Misaki might not know those are the forces.

"I... Just need you to be you," the Lion says quietly. "The creative inventor, the one who calms my sea of anxiety, the one... The one who fell in a vase, because I dragged her to a fashion show, and still told me to go show off, because her work is just that amazing," Kawauso said, both laughing and tearing up.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Misaki though a bit more before standing up, walking over to Kawauso to stand in front of her, "Just be myself, hm?"

She reaches down to cup the kneeling woman's chin in two fingers gently, "And this would mean me joining the Lion then I take it?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:56 pm

Looking up, Kawauso swallows hard. "I would... want you to join the Lion, regardless. We..." Her voice is barely audible. "We need good people. People... who will help the many more than the few." The Lion swallows hard again, eyes wide in anticipation.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:03 pm

"I will say, I was thinking about that anyways; Ayano-sama seems like she needed a partner as well for her project, as well as some to look after her. But... if you're proposing to me to be your partner, it seems the Lion could use my help even more than I thought already. I will accept, of course; Looking after the people who follow Lord Akodo-sama would be an honor."

Misaki looked down with an affectionate, almost motherly serene look.
Last edited by Doji Misaki on Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:13 pm

The smile that erupts on Kawauso's face is bright. Misaki only sees it for a moment though, as the Lion woman stands and engulfs her in an emotional hug. It isn't crushing, but it's a secure hug, driven by simultaneous relief and excitement.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:31 pm

Misaki stands on her tiptoes and hugs back, smiling herself and lightly rubbing the taller woman's back.

"Mmm... I didn't expect you to look so relieved like that. You really are a handful, you know that?"

It was said with the utmost affection.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:21 am

Kawauso gave a half laugh, half sob without letting Misaki go. To her credit, she didn't squeeze harder, although there was some temptation.

"You're right," the Lion said softly, still emotional. "And I am relieved. I worried you would say no." She sniffs back a tear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:39 am

Misaki gave small comforting pets to Kawa's back, "Oh come now, me refuse to help you? You know that will never happen."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:49 am

Now Kawauso does squeeze tighter -- just a little, just briefly -- and release Misaki finally. "And I will never refuse to help you," the Lion says, eyes still moist but her face alight with joy.

/scene?

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:38 am

/scene!