[D9, EE, Misaki's room] Horizon

Akodo Kawauso

[D9, EE, Misaki's room] Horizon

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:19 am

There was an unexpected scratching at the door to Misaki's room, accompanied by a tall, fairly familiar shadow. "Dojo Misaki-san," came the question from a familiar but slightly rushed voice.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Re: [D9, EE, Misaki's room] Horizon

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:24 am

One thing about traveling light was it meant there wasn't much to pack; Three outfits and the one chest for her inventions and writing supplies... At the time of the scratching, Misaki was just doing some cleaning, a habit of hers since she had no servants or anything like that at home.

Brow furrowing a bit at the rushed quality of the voice outside, Misaki stood smoothly and walked over, opening her door, "Kawauso-san?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:50 am

"Good evening, Misaki-san," she said, trying to be proper but not successfully hiding the urgency to her. "Um, could I impose to ask a question? It, um... Well, it's rather private, so I hoped..." Her head gestures into the room while her hands are clasped awkwardly in front of her.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:52 am

"Of course, please cone."

She motions with one hand and moves out of the entrance, "You caught me cleaning, but sit or stand wherever you want; I did say my room was open to you whenever you wished while I'm here, after all."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:59 am

The Lion steps in, moving a little ways into the room. She glances around, commenting, "I, um, I'm glad I caught you. I... didn't realize you're l leaving so soon." It distracts from her question as she considers something. "I wasn't planning on staying either, but..." Kawauso seems to be jumping in between trains of thought.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:07 am

Misaki quietly closes the door, watching Kawauso, "Please slow down Kawauso-san. I have all the time in the world for you right now. Just one thing at a time. Would you like to sit maybe?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am

Misaki's even tone is a help, and Kawauso pauses. "I am going too fast," she realizes. She rubs her temple with her right hand a moment. "Let me... start with a simpler question. Do you recall my singing, last night at Togashi-sama's music event?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:31 am

"Absolutely. It was a beautiful song and you did it great credit, to say the least. Was there... a problem?"

She recalled seeing Kawa and Satsuki after the music, thpugh she'd not exactly been staring or listening in, to say the least.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:41 am

"No, no, it was..." When she can't find the word she needs, she sighs. "I'm sorry, I'm not making any sense at all." She shakes her head. "The concert was hard, as I was... letting go of something. Something that had taken up much of my mind here..." Her speech and manner had settled down to normal Kawauso, even though it was still very hard to track what she was talking about.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:46 am

Misaki stays standing since Kawa does, listening patiently. She thinks back, "It did seem like you put a lot of emotion into the song. Why it inspired those there I think. Did you not mean to take the performance that far?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:18 pm

"I certainly wasn't planning on it, but... it was the right thing to do. Ah, maybe inspired a bit by Hisomu Matsu-san, something she said to me. About, using your whole heart." Kawauso smiles at Misaki, seeming to have relaxed to normal as she helped the Crane catch up. The smiling look lingers, but then Kawauso catches herself. She puts a hand to her head to make her look slightly away from Misaki. "I, um, I am feeling rather excited. Please forgive my... intensity."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:02 pm

"Hisomu-sama? Yes, that does seem like the sort of advice she would give. Anyways, this is a safe space, remember?"

Misaki does sit down at this point, though on the trunk rather than the floor so Kawauso doesn't need to look down.

"Go ahead and continue, please."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Kawauso starts to sit, but goes back to standing as her energy makes her too bouncy.

"So that, and... Well, I had been very focused on a, um... particular... future... that I was trying to figure out if I really wanted. But I think, where my heart is, it wasn't... in that. And... letting go of that... dream that I had taken on. It was really hard, but I think it was good. I, I know it was." She looks extra emotional for a moment, but the memory doesn't control her, and she moves past it.

"So now, I think, I need to figure out what my heart is in. Or... I know, my heart is with my people, and how I can help them the most. I mean..." She stops and looks at Misaki thoughtfully. "You're... smarter than me. Am I just being crazy?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:54 pm

"No, not crazy," Misaki says thoughtfully, looking at Kawauso with a gentle expression, "Maybe just a bit disorganized or disoriented. Perhaps you could explain things one step at a time, then it might come together a bit for you?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:43 pm

Kawauso nods, recognizing the good advice. She takes a centering breath.

"Yes. Right." Now she does sit, crossing her legs and exhaling thoroughly.

"So I have... made my peace... that I will not be the wife of Hantei Genji. That was... I let go of that idea last night. With great effort, as you saw." The Lion is speaking calmly, as though unburdened. Finally.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:53 pm

Misaki stops her eyebrows from going up, though there is a bit of surprise in her voice, "Hantei Genji-sama? I hadn't even known you... Still, I got the impression his mother had her own plans, so I suppose it must have been really tough, pursing him. And you're at peace with that now? It certainly was an emotional release last night, hai, and I know how getting things off your chest can feel."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:12 pm

The Lion nods, sitting with an uncharacteristic amount of serenity for her.

"It... made a lot of sense, art least in some ways. But I was always conflicted, knowing that life wouldn't be..." She sighs. "It wouldn't be what I really want. And..." She looks down, sighing again. "I have, I think, more... I have the great fortune, to pursue what I want, within the will of Lord Akodo." She takes a heavy breath. "I must be careful, of course, but..." She looks up at Misaki with a shy smile and a hopeful sparkle in her eye. Her hands start to fidget a little in her lap.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Misaki thinks a bit, looking at Kawauso even more thoughtfully than she had been before, "So if I get you correctly, you've thought of a new path within the strictures of what Lord Akodo-sama wants? Some sort of idea that's gotten you so excited?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm

"I think so. I hope, anyway. I... Lord Akodo needs people like the Makime, particularly to facilitate Ayano-sama's road project, but he needs people also to help secure the rivers and woodlands of the west. The Ki-rin would have a formal alliance with us, and people to engage with them from a... certain perspective... would seem useful. And if those people could also be champions for the common folk, and guardians of their well-being..." She nods to herself emphatically. Then a sigh.

"But even with Lord Akodo's blessing, it would be a great undertaking. I could not do it alone, I know."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:28 pm

"That DOES sound like a large task; Wilderness patrolling, river management, rural planning, wildlife management... I did not know the Lion had such issues. But then, I only really knew anything significant about the eastern lands nearer to our own in the Crane."

She mulls that over, "...I take it then by you bringing this up that Lord Akodo-sama has no followers taking care of that in a systematic manner, and that it's something you'd like to help with."