Planning Against The Darkness (D9 EA, Crane Rooms)

Hisomu Kuni

Planning Against The Darkness (D9 EA, Crane Rooms)

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:18 am

Kuni knocks on the door and waits to be let in. Considering the incident with Matsu, it is best that he come to meet the Crane here than in the Spider rooms.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Re: Planning Against The Darkness (D9 EA, Crane Rooms)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:54 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:18 am
Kuni knocks on the door and waits to be let in. Considering the incident with Matsu, it is best that he come to meet the Crane here than in the Spider rooms.
The servants bring him in to a fully packed and neat room. She is seated at a table in resplendent kimonos reading over scrolls.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:28 am

Kuni bows low. "Doji-sama. It is a good to see you even if the business is unpleasant." Kuni didn't know if this was proper. He was trying.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:46 am

She rose and gave him proper greeting before saying, "Unpleasant? Never, Kuni-san. Your presence is always welcome, please join me for me tea."

"I was just reviewing scrolls on the aspects of demons and creatures we have catalogued from Jigoku."
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:10 am

Kuni gives a nod of approval at her studies. "Thank you." Kuni then joins her. "A wise thing. I will be sending word with Susumu-sama to have copies of my notes sent with the delegation along with a few Seekers of Jigoku, though I probablywon'thave to ask for that. Of course, I can answer any questions you may have in the mean time."

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:22 am

"Perhaps tell me more of yourself, if we are to work closely in the coming days better to know the man that will be aiding me and my Clan," she offered as she gestured her fan for tea and snacks from the servants.

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:42 am

Fair enough. "I come from a tiny tribe of about a few hundred people. Most went joined the Crab since they were, at the time, the closest Clan. I was a young man, so I wanted to prove myself. I joined the journey to save Hisomu-kami. However, unlike your father, I never did anything particularly noteworthy. But the things I saw.... it changed me. How the Taint of that Realm was corrupting the land and could corrupt our souls." Kuni shakes his head.

"I swore, even if I may not be some great hero like I thought I was at the beginning of the journey, I would spend the rest of my life fighting Jigoku. I spent the journey back trying to find out what others knew, in case any had some knowledge I did not. I ran into Hisomu Ninube who had been doing something similar and brought me to Hisomu-kami's attention. He sent for me and after a discussion invited me to become a Spider so I may continue my research."

Then Kuni shrugged. "And that's pretty much it. I have been studying for the past 15 years. Taking what knowledge the Seekers have learned on their journeys to gain more insight in the strength and weaknesses. Trying to come up with new ways to fight. And methods of attack it might take. I had considered it might try to after another spirit realm. Though this Harbringer and how advanced it's attack seems to be. At least it's claims. Though of course, we should always consider it the worst case scenerio on that front."

Then, after a moment. "Beyond my studies. I am married with three children. My oldest son should being hitting gempukku in a few years. I also have some interest in fashion." He clearly assumes Dojihime wouldn't be interested. After all, that's not what he's for. But he adds it in just in case she wants the complete life story.

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:18 am

"A man with such knowledge of Jigoku and fashion will fit in nicely," she said with amusement. She smirked and then said, "We have a great deal of work ahead of us, but I will do all I can to make sure you get back to your wife and family with all due haste."

"My plan is to first focus on halting any incursion, removing the chaffe, and then building what will be the foremost authority on fighting Jigoku in the Empire."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:04 pm

"Give me any shugenja among your Clan with an Affinity for Earth. I can train them in spells that target Jigoku's minions, one helpfully taught to me by Isawa Kyosei. I have also been working on a technique may help, though it's development is still in its infancy."

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:04 pm
"Give me any shugenja among your Clan with an Affinity for Earth. I can train them in spells that target Jigoku's minions, one helpfully taught to me by Isawa Kyosei. I have also been working on a technique may help, though it's development is still in its infancy."
"Affinity or no, you will speak with them," she said respectfully.

"Then we will bring this infant technique to maturity, the Raven Watch will need stalwart defenders across the Empire and this is where it will begin."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Kuni nods. Depending on their Affinity and skill, he may only be able to teach others so much, but he respected the Crane's drive to purify her Clan.

Then, Kuni considers. "A dojo in each of our lands to teach future generations to guard against the darkness? I think Hisom-kami would agree to that."

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:05 pm

"Yes we all stand to benefit," she replied.

"I will make sure resources are set aside for this matter."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:11 pm

"Thank you. I will fail the Crane, the Spider, or the Empire. There is one more thing I would ask. Though there is a great risk. Should anyone whole accepted the powers of Jigoku be taken alive, I think our Clans would benefit from the study. When it becomes too dangerous for them to be kept alive, they of course would be disposed of."

After a second, "I assume anyone who resists will cut down without hesitation," Kuni says this matter of factly, he respect Dojihime ruthlessness in dealing with these matters, "They could also be of use if they can be taken alive. I very much want to find someone who has been Tainted but has not begun to show it. It could help us learn early detection, not only for those who choose to follow Jigoku, but those are affected through no fault of their own."

He takes a drink of tea. "I, of course, understand if you prefer a quick purification of your Clan and just kill any who might be Tainted."

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:23 pm

“I agree, when we find a suitable subject for this path of study they will be remanded to your custody for study. These are best handled behind closed doors, but it must be done to better understand our enemy. It is also my intent that those who are unwittingly subjected to corruption but still retain their humanity should be cared for and find a way to stop or greatly delay their corruption if possible.”

She sipped her tea and then added, “They would have to pass muster, our muster to be considered such but this will be another role of the Raven Watch to assess these details. The enemy wants us to be aware of fear and confusion, but we will not give in to such base emotions.”

“We also need to explore techniques that can be done by those without the gift of the spirits, as the Raven Watch will need members with and without such gifts at all levels. But that is further away, our first concern is purification, then laying the foundation for your school with our priests under your guidance; meanwhile I will be standing up the Raven Watch and begin recruitment.”

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:14 am

Kuni agreed. "Hai. The victims should not be treated the same the guilty. The Seekers have been studying various combinations of plants, but so far, we haven't been able to find the right combination. This is a long road and will not be finished in our lifetimes. But we will start here so that our children may finish it."

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:45 am

"Good, I am glad we see eye to eye on these issues," she responded.

"I think we will work well together, Kuni-san."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Kuni gives something of a smile. Almost genuine, but still trying to be composed. "I look forward to it."

After sometime discussing the details, Kuni eventually excuses himself. "It is growing late and we both have other duties we must attend to." He bows deep. "May Tengoku's light shine on you and your Clan." And with Dojihime's goodbyes, he leaves.

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:36 pm

/scene